HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Re: pull pull failure - Perhaps I missed it, but was this the stock-supplied pull-pull cable, and how did it fail? What did you replace it with?

Wondering because I just checked out the wire supplied with my ESM 72.5 Spitfire and the cable looks way too thin for this weight aircraft.
It was the stock wire. I replaced it with Dubro's heavy duty pull pull system wire and connectors. Fortunately it was the rudder cable that failed on landing. I just didn't have steering on the ground.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:50 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
thx, good to know. I wouldn't trust the supplied wire in anything bigger than a .46 sized plane, and even then...
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old May 02, 2012, 10:19 AM
Pro Builder
United States, FL, Englewood
Joined Feb 2012
217 Posts
Any one Give me the Spec's on the Cowl Ring Diminutions for this Plane?
tim.arf is offline Find More Posts by tim.arf
Old Jun 13, 2012, 03:49 AM
France, Bretagne, Bohars
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.arf View Post
Any one Give me the Spec's on the Cowl Ring Diminutions for this Plane?
What do you need exactly ?
I received mine and i can give you any info you want.
lansing is offline Find More Posts by lansing
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:59 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,907 Posts
Decided to put the F4U up for sale. It should be snarling and flying rather than sitting in my shop while I fly other models.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1709076
strictlyscale is online now Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:35 AM
Nelson New Zealand
Joined Apr 2009
12 Posts
Hi Stoneke,
Your pilot & cockpit look great!
Would it be possible for you to post some shots of the cockpit so I can see where some of the parts are loctaed. Tys video is good but a little short on showing both sides of the completed & painted one he uses in the video.
Many thanks,
Phil
nzphil is offline Find More Posts by nzphil
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:44 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzphil View Post
Hi Stoneke,
Your pilot & cockpit look great!
Would it be possible for you to post some shots of the cockpit so I can see where some of the parts are loctaed. Tys video is good but a little short on showing both sides of the completed & painted one he uses in the video.
Many thanks,
Phil
I assume you mean mine Phil? I didn't add anything on the sides, just the plastic walls folded up. If you look back at post #86 you can see them. My pilot is larger than scale so he filled the space well enough that it would block the detail on the sides. I used the dash, cover, and seat back as well.
Enjoy your corsair.
strictlyscale is online now Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
Nelson New Zealand
Joined Apr 2009
12 Posts
Hi Sean,
No, the one I was refering to was post 304.
I can see a little more detail from the ones LDM post in 87 in response to your cockpit colour question but they don't come up larger unfortunately
I was hoping that Stoneke had taken a few more of his obviously Tys cockpit that he would post for me
Anybodies photos of a completed Tys cockpit would be grately appreciated!
Phil
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:29 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,504 Posts
Phil, I scratch my cockpit in my Hanger 9 corsair from the Hyper scale website .
Its a plastic model website , go to the section on corsair and dig and you will find real drawings on the interior , all sides viewed ect.
Tons of pics of scale model projects ect.
I built one esm as a beater , i have another one I will trick out (not as good as Seans ) but also differant . I want gear doors ect , will do the canopy mod , pilot ect differant scheme but its about 4 on my list of project lol
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
Nelson New Zealand
Joined Apr 2009
12 Posts
Hi Lou,
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately most of the links to any reference section seem to be broken
In the end after going around in circles I gave up.
Great pity Ty doesn't post photos of the completed cockpits he produces as it would, I'm sure, help a lot of his customers.
I'll keep searching & no doubt will get there in the end
Phil
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined May 2007
4 Posts
StrictlyScale, I need help with the ESM Corsair flaps. According to the manual, the flap control rod should be a total length of 155mm ( 30mm back from flap horn at 155 deg. and another 125mm to servo horn).
I made a mock rod and noted that the control rod is at least 65mm to long. Is this a typo in the manual?
Also, how do you attach that rod to flap horn and servo horn with it inside the wing?
Appreciate any help you can offer, thanks. RevGQ.
RevGQ is offline Find More Posts by RevGQ