Old Feb 04, 2011, 06:15 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis View Post
Sean, that is awesome!!
When I saw the video posted I thought for sure it would be a working sliding canopy, but yeah, the turning head was a surprise and it made me chuckle.
Can't wait to see how you did it, although I would have thought you would have somehow hooked him up to the rudder servo?

Cheers,
Peter
Thanks Peter, I went with the aileron servo for now. Being inspired by seeing Corsair Nut's BH Corsair video with the in flight video back at the pilot I thought he would have more 'activity' linked to the ailerons in flight than the rudder. It's easy to change if needed later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
I am disappointed I expected him to drink of a cup of joe next lol ,
that is outstanding , really really cool ,
haha, ya, maybe smoking a cigarette too? If you look on my utube page I was playing around with a bbi pilot and had him move the control stick at the same time. Can't do that with Pappy as he is cast in a 1 pce body.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old Feb 04, 2011, 08:56 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
SS, That canopy and pilot are awesome. I can't wait to see what's next. TW
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:09 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,894 Posts
hey! now that would be awsome! that inflight vid stuff is pretty cool huh....that would be sweet to see pappy lookin for some zeke's while hes up there!

awsome work as always sean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
Thanks Peter, I went with the aileron servo for now. Being inspired by seeing Corsair Nut's BH Corsair video with the in flight video back at the pilot I thought he would have more 'activity' linked to the ailerons in flight than the rudder. It's easy to change if needed later.

haha, ya, maybe smoking a cigarette too? If you look on my utube page I was playing around with a bbi pilot and had him move the control stick at the same time. Can't do that with Pappy as he is cast in a 1 pce body.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:04 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
hey! now that would be awsome! that inflight vid stuff is pretty cool huh....that would be sweet to see pappy lookin for some zeke's while hes up there!

awsome work as always sean!
Yea, mount the camera on the wing lookin at Pappy.

TW
Old Feb 04, 2011, 07:09 PM
Joined Oct 2005
627 Posts
Sean,

Is that all you got?!! Just having some fun. I will make sure I do not put my planes next to your planes. I want to save face. Keep up the great work.

Chris
konachris is offline Find More Posts by konachris
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:48 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,829 Posts
Thanks guys. Should have the paint masks for the markings this week (they shipped this weekend) so I should be able to get it all finished off in the next week-10 days. Can't wait to get it finished.

Here's a couple pics out in day light as it is so far. No weathering or markings yet.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 04:15 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
Should have the paint masks for the markings this week (they shipped this weekend) so I should be able to get it all finished off in the next week-10 days. Can't wait to get it finished.
Masks arrived today!! Hope to start laying them down tomorrow afternoon if I can.....
Old Feb 07, 2011, 05:17 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Man..., That is Very Nice!
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:35 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,140 Posts
Very nice my friend.... man if we lived closer we could do some sound system formation.... that would kick butt!

Do you like the sound setup your useing? does it have guns?

can't wait to see her all detailed up... I'm out of town this weekend so no building but I'll check in to see your progress

keep up the great work and day dream about the killer spring that is coming!
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:11 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,829 Posts
Thanks Ron. Trust me, I wish I lived somewhere I could fly more throughout the year. I'm sure we could share a lot of good R/C stories if we lived closer...even a few cold beverages and some social D to boot.

I've been happy with the sound card I'm using. It's very easy to set up, just the card, add a switch and fuse, and i'm running 6S 910mAh for power (two 3S packs). It does have guns too. I have that set up on the trainer switch. If you see the P47 video I did in my driveway you'll hear the guns....at the end of the video I go to the end of the driveway with the camera and you can still hear them. I'm duplicating this setup on the corsair.

Top Flite P47 initial engine sound run-up (2 min 30 sec)
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:32 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,829 Posts
Almost done! Checked out the balance today and if I go with the mfg suggested point of 130mm then moving my rx pack up should balance the model just fine. AUW is 22lbs on the nose. On RCU it appears that guys are balancing this model anywhere from 105mm to 130mm, quite a large range...not sure what to go with?

Weather permiting I'll get it outside tomorrow for some pics and maybe a run up test.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 05:22 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
20,894 Posts
that seems REAL far back sean. my 70" ws corsair is about 90mm....and just about perfect. i wouldnt go past 110 to start with. 130mm is WAY back there. corsairs really like a fwd cg. and let me tell you...if your anywhere near aft cg....its going to be a SERIOUS hand full.

btw....i just wet my pants...that thing looks INCREDIBLE!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:06 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
that seems REAL far back sean. my 70" ws corsair is about 90mm....and just about perfect. i wouldnt go past 110 to start with. 130mm is WAY back there. corsairs really like a fwd cg. and let me tell you...if your anywhere near aft cg....its going to be a SERIOUS hand full.

btw....i just wet my pants...that thing looks INCREDIBLE!
This is good input, thanks! I'll set it up for 110mm as a good (safe) starting point. A little nose heavy is better than tail heavy for sure!
Thanks for the comp, I can't wait to get it wrapped up....then we'll have to wait for the snow to melt. Lol
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:41 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,636 Posts
Dont forget how far the CG will move back when you retract the gear. Go way forward then move things around

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n