HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:30 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,317 Posts
Discussion
heads up on cheap R2 hobby sale... free post from windrider also!

R2 hobbies are having a 50% off sale on selected planes if anyone is interested.
Just picked up a 1 meter pitts and a 1.8 meter passer thermo for $A170 bucks delivered.

Always wanted a pitts, even if it's a small one! The passer was just an impulse........Actually both were
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Last edited by glydr; Dec 03, 2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: adding windrider
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:46 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Has it ended?? Says there is nothing in there
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:39 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,764 Posts
ditto... nothing in the Christmas sale section Gouch..
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:45 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,047 Posts
I got nothing Gouch.

I got my hopes up. They have a very nice looking balsa Cub that i've been looking at for a while.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Dec 03, 2010, 03:06 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Dec 03, 2010, 03:19 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,764 Posts
ta glyder... some good discounts there
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:06 AM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Bummer-nothing I'm in need of in there. Theres a few things I like off there, so was getting ready to spend

Thanks for the heads up Gouch
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:31 AM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glydr View Post
yeah sorry guys forgot to mention that bit, and you only see the 50% off in the cart.

Actually, how about I change the thread title to "shops offering christmas sales" . The idea being if you see a shop with a good christmas RC sale on, throw it up.

Windrider is offering free freight on a fair portion of his models.

Quote:
Free Shipping Bee2, Ele-Bee2, Scout Bee, Queen Bee, Bat,

Beevolution, BD-5J and Fox until 25 of Dec for Christmas sales!
Mings a good guy. Always keen to hand out a model or three for slope events, fund raisers etc. I was thinnking about picking up a bat (haven't had one for years) but I already spent my lot this week
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:59 AM
gravity always wins !
Perth. Western Australia
Joined Apr 2007
179 Posts
Brought one of their EP Cessna Scale Balsa Wood built up thingies (1030mm wing span) several months ago - stll trying to get my hands on the recomended motor - Turborix D22836 rear mounting unit.
Every time I see them available and order the damned thing, they run out of stock before getting to my order.
Contacted them about it and 'Herman' said they will hold my order until these motors come into stock again then ship a couple off to me quick smart.

I've been buying helis, LiPo's and other bits and pieces from them for several years without any problems at all.
Until a little while ago they had a great range of heli parts like canopies and other goodies, plus their LiPo battery packs, used to ship them for FREE

So far apart from waiting for the motor, they have been exceptional good to deal with.
Had one new servo turn out to be a dud - emailed them about it, no problem at all, they just replaced it straight away - no waiting or 'please explain further', send photos, etc.

Only thing you have to watch for, they sometimes send an email to confirm your order prior to sending it off to you.
If you don't get that email and respond to it - your order doesn't go anywhere.
Then you - - and wait. Been there - done that.
Flip 465 is offline Find More Posts by Flip 465
Old Dec 03, 2010, 03:51 PM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
yeah sorry guys forgot to mention that bit, and you only see the 50% off in the cart.

Actually, how about I change the thread title to "shops offering christmas sales" . The idea being if you see a shop with a good christmas RC sale on, throw it up.

Windrider is offering free freight on a fair portion of his models.

Mings a good guy. Always keen to hand out a model or three for slope events, fund raisers etc. I was thinnking about picking up a bat (haven't had one for years) but I already spent my lot this week
Oooh, in need of a new wing. Was thinking of one of the off the edge ones, but with free shipping puts a new Bee back in the market. Hmmmmm
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:09 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,317 Posts
depends what you want in a wing. You should always have a wing ready to go, so I recently went for a scorpion because they are faster, and Glen delivered it to Manilla for me.....Besides, he gave me a 10% "wanker discount" ..........And he gets a little violent when he know you bought another brand wing JOKING!

Flip, Yeah I have bought from them a few times and they are good. I used to have one of their glass foxes, it flies (flew) great, and anyone who slopes knows how good their little speedo is.

Surely you could get a Hobby king turnigy motor for the cessna? I have a few that come with a reverse mounting kit and adaptor. I haven't even thought about motor combos for the Pitts yet but it'll prob be a 10 buck turnigy. I should be able to get this in the air all up including a battery for just over 100 bucks!
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:22 PM
Electric Hippy
Brisbane
Joined Nov 2005
2,358 Posts
Looks like winderrider upped their prices fro the sale. Nothing is free I guess.
Eagleburger is offline Find More Posts by Eagleburger
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:28 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,317 Posts
Ah, I was wondering that. The bat used to be about 50 bucks. Just thinking aloud here, but could be also more a case of a weak $US.??
He does this free freight thing a lot, and up until this time, his prices have always stayed the same. That's why I bought one of his foxes a while back.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:33 PM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
The Bee prices look like they havn't changed from memory
Old Dec 03, 2010, 05:14 PM
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
13,317 Posts
that'd be right, just the one I wanted has!