SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kevlar, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 07:30 PM
Shocking!
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined May 2002
300 Posts
Gallery
My Blinged Blade 400 "Beast"

Um, yeah - this thing scares the crap out of me, Scorpion 2221-8 replaced the previous 2221-6, CF Blades and Tail, Full metal head....and it Screams louder than I do when it fires up....I just hovered it and then put it away...

Actually, I was just messing around with my Nikon D-300 shooting full manual with a Tonika 100mm Macro F2.8 lens, seeing how they would turn out. Each pic originally shot RAW about 11Megs each, then reduced/cropped to 1280X

At F2.8 you will get plenty Depth-of-Field, so a good amount of blur on objects that were not targeted for focus (unlike the Scorpion Motor, the Canopy, the Head, etc). The rest of the pic will blur out as you move away from center. If I shot at an F7 or F10 then more of the heli would be in focus...but that's not cool. This technique helps you make the viewer concentrate on what you want them to see. If I want you to concentrate on the Motor, I'll focus on that subject and blur or 'Bokeh' the rest of the image.
Kevlar is offline Find More Posts by Kevlar
Last edited by Kevlar; Dec 02, 2010 at 07:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2010, 10:35 AM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,507 Posts
That looks great man, sweet looking bird. I like to use selective blurring as well. It's great not only to help the viewer focus in on the subject but to make a real life scene look like a toy. Below I used selective blurring on a stadium to make everything look mini.
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:04 AM
Shocking!
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined May 2002
300 Posts
Awesome! I had seen a few images 'minis' like this a while back and totally forgot about the technique....hmmmmm
Kevlar is offline Find More Posts by Kevlar
Old Mar 05, 2011, 04:32 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Excellent pictures. a light source beheind the subect and either out of frame or hidden by the subject make it pop away from the background and two lights from the front on either side of the subject eliminate harsh shadows.

Just a note. Large aperature = small f-number (stop) = narrow depth of field (less stuff in focus in front&behind of the focus point. Your so plenty of depth of field would occur closer to f10. Probably just a typo.

The stadium pictures seem almost "tilt shifted" and that occurs when the primary lense is shifted away from the central axis thus intentionally mis-aligned, a very common thing in large format photography and macro lenses where the main lens can be moved along 3 axis. This is a real fun thing to do in photoshop.

Feel free to delete this.
Hegemone is offline Find More Posts by Hegemone
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
Dude, what do you need the servos for. I have other servos, probably the best for what you want. Let me know what you are using them for.
Lexikairus is offline Find More Posts by Lexikairus