HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:54 AM
SF Valley RC Flyers
Joined Feb 2010
284 Posts
Discussion
Where can I buy a Syma S107?

I can get the lowest price on Ebay, but it'll take a long time to ship from asia. Can I buy this from any retail stores? I live in southern California. Walmart and Target seem to only have those garbage Air Hogs.
Killionaire is offline Find More Posts by Killionaire
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:30 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
There's not really any true retail stores that carry them other than some hobby shops/mall kiosk, but their few and far between and their probably going to charge top dollar. xheli.com sales them for $29.99 w/ free shipping right now and over the last few days the red s107 keep randomly dropping to $17.99 for a few hours (don't know if that will happen anymore). You could also buy a firebird which is a rebranded s107 that has the r3 board (the best version board, most s107's now have the r5 board in it). It's basically the s107, but built with higher quality control and possibly even a little bit better (maybe more precise is the better word) build quality. Also the r3 board tends to make the heli a little faster and definitely increases the pirouettes It's a little more expensive though. You can order it from helizonerc.com it $49.99 w/ free shipping, but if you put firebird in the discount code section it knocks $10 off, so it would be $39.99 w/ free shipping. Plus their located in California so you would probably get it within a day or tops two days, their extremely fast. I order from them on Black Friday and my order showed up Monday morning on my door step and I live in Ohio and used free shipping!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Last edited by jlcamp7; Dec 02, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:10 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Follow this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
This is where I got mine. It arrived in perfect condition, without even a scratch on the box. Amazon rules.
The price on Amazon fluctuates, so if you wait a little while it might be cheaper, but personally I think it's worth it to pay extra and get it from Amazon.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Last edited by TravisBean; Dec 02, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:40 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Syma S107 has been seen at Fry's electronics.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:49 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,853 Posts
And now we have 2 "where to buy a S107" on this page. Sir, there are many S107 threads on page 1 to stuff a horse
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 02, 2010, 03:13 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chap1012 View Post
and now we have 2 "where to buy a s107" on this page. Sir, there are many s107 threads on page 1 to stuff a horse:roll eyes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
"It's that good"

(I guess I'm gonna quote killbucket so many times on that line, that he'll regret ever having said it)
Last edited by TravisBean; Dec 02, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 03:51 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Quote:
firebird which is a rebranded s107 that has the r3 board
Just today, helizonerc delivered a Firebird with the dreaded R5 board. Briefly you might get either one, but factory is definitely out of R3s.

R5 isn't 'all that' bad, but some other quality parameters changed at the same time it was introduced, which gave it a bad rep. Still glad I got 2 R3s.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Dec 02, 2010, 04:03 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Wow, I thought paying extra for a Firebird was a guarantee to get a rev3 board (at least according to the majority of people who had posted on this issue). I'm beginning to think this rev3 stuff is starting to become folklore. I've got a rev5 S107, get 9 minute flight times, and very very good performance. I'm satisfied.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 04:43 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
Wow, I thought paying extra for a Firebird was a guarantee to get a rev3 board (at least according to the majority of people who had posted on this issue). I'm beginning to think this rev3 stuff is starting to become folklore. I've got a rev5 S107, get 9 minute flight times, and very very good performance. I'm satisfied.
Maybe they've started to fine tune the rev5 boards with some better programming to make turning faster. My rev3 S107 can fly circles around my rev5, and I've heard more people share this experience. If I fly the rev3 first, and then the rev5, I get the feeling I am watching the flight of the first one in slow motion, it feels like the air has suddenly gotten twice as thick, and the heli struggles to move forward and turn in it...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 02, 2010, 05:06 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
ugh, I cringe at the thought of paying $40 for a firebird and the R5 being inside, unless their doing something different, if not you really paying ALOT for cleaner soldering and a different paint scheme.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:52 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Xheli, S107 back in stock

Looks like Xheli just received a new shipment including the Syma S107, shows back in stock , free shipping is till in effect.

http://www.xheli.com/newsy3chs1mi1.html

http://www.xheli.com/newsy3chs1mi.html

http://www.xheli.com/s107-miniheli-blue.html
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:03 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
ugh, I cringe at the thought of paying $40 for a firebird and the R5 being inside, unless their doing something different, if not you really paying ALOT for cleaner soldering and a different paint scheme.
I suspect the S107 & firebird all came out of the same Chinese manufacturing plant. They just had different names,color schemes and box art depending on what RC toy distributer ordered them.
The First production run Syma S107 had the Rev 3 board as did the helizone Firebird. Syma however priced the S107 much lower than North American company Helizone did so the S107 soldout fast and had to goto a second production run that came with the Rev 5 board.
First run Helizone Firebirds are just now reaching soldout status and second production run rev 5 firebirds are hitting the streets.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
I'm beginning to think this rev3 stuff is starting to become folklore. I've got a rev5 S107, get 9 minute flight times, and very very good performance. I'm satisfied.
9 min flights
Don't try this one at home kiddies unless you want a sure fire way to over-discharge and permanently ruin your battery.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Last edited by jtravel; Dec 03, 2010 at 07:22 AM.