HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2010, 03:59 PM
Joined Jan 2009
68 Posts
Thanks ! At what speed ( Throttle position )it stalls (UM t-28 )? ( Considering there is no wind )
bennz is offline Find More Posts by bennz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2010, 04:02 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
i haven't stalled it yet and i was flying about 40% (descended slowly but didn't stall) even when reducing throttle to land it just floated in.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Dec 07, 2010, 04:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
68 Posts
Awesome ! I guess I will be able to handle that bird to some extend and don't need to panic much
bennz is offline Find More Posts by bennz
Old Dec 07, 2010, 04:16 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
don't panic. thats the worst thing you can do. just relax and keep your cool. thats why the champ is reccomended, you build confidence so you don't panic when moving on to something harder.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicEV1990 View Post
Another suggestion(if you're going electric):

Get a 4ch, and SWITCH the aileron and rudder servo plugs on the receiver.

Plug in the rudder servo plug into the aileron-control socket on the receiver and leave the aileron servo un-plugged.

NOW, you get a temporarily 3ch flyer!

And when you're ready to transition, put the rudder servo plug back in it's original place(the rudder servo socket on the receive), AND, plug the aileron servo back in the receiver socket, now your aircraft is a 4ch again!

Why spend money on 2 aircraft while a basic temp-swap would cover both?

Haven't tried it, but I'm thinking of doing this once I get my TW747...
This sounds like a really bad idea to me. I'm sure there might be some out there that will do this, but I have never owned one or seen a 4 channel that will do it. Most 4 channel planes will do some crazy things if you try to turn with rudder only. Most will fly on the right stick only while ignoring the rudder, but won't hardly fly at all without the ailerons and only the rudder.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 08, 2010, 04:33 AM
Grounded, but hopeful
Bangkok
Joined Jul 2010
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwardflyer View Post
thats a bad idea because most plane that fly on 4ch don't fly well on 3ch. its not as easy as just swapping channels. i had a small rudder elevator warbird that would turn as well with rudder as with ailerons. if he is going to go the 4ch route with the trojan make sure you set it to dual rates, it will help a lot.
Well, not all 4ch can do that, only the ones that have been designed as a 3ch ground up, like the wing dragon sport, which has 4ch but was originally designed as a 3ch...
CosmicEV1990 is offline Find More Posts by CosmicEV1990
Last edited by CosmicEV1990; Dec 08, 2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2011
153 Posts
best advice i was ever given? get a flight simulater!!! before i got it i had trouble getting off the ground. now my flying has improved 10 fold. it decreased my learning curve in such a short amount of time. best part is you can crash 100 times and all you have to do is restart the model and your up in the air again. you can choose from 100`s of planes and make any mods you like.
this is the one i use:
http://www.phoenix-simv3.com/default.asp
and it came with a spektrum dx5 which cool to start out with.

i also have a fms cessna 182 its awsum i love it. i did customise it and added flaps, made it alot easier for landings and short take offs.

best of luck learning, once you have gotten past that intiall frustration stage, its one of the best hobbies to have
a.marks is offline Find More Posts by a.marks