12,963 Posts
Yes please!
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 05:26 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
Hey!!

hey their guys for that product we do not have them in stock yet once we do get them in our invertory we will update our websites and keep you guys posted on pictures specs,prices etc..... So please be paitient with us and we will have it up shortly when we get them in, ill keep you guys updated when i hear anything or get an exact date!! =]

thanks

sam
raidensam is offline Find More Posts by raidensam
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:23 AM
Portland, Maine
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Any update on this jet? I haven't found any other info on it. I'd be very interested to check it out...

Thanks!
mlitcher is offline Find More Posts by mlitcher
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:45 AM
NitroPlanes/HobbyPartz Rep
City of Industry
Joined Jan 2011
348 Posts
We actually only have one prototype model. It's being sent back for some major changes before being sold! I believe there were a few problems that Tony ran into and it needed to be fixed. Hang in there, there will be more info soon!
NitroD is offline Find More Posts by NitroD
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:38 AM
Portland, Maine
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Great, thanks for the fast reply. Looking forward to it!
mlitcher is offline Find More Posts by mlitcher
Old Feb 01, 2011, 09:12 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,962 Posts
Here's a few sneak peaks for you guys. The plane is still in the works at the moment so it should be a lot better
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:42 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,216 Posts
Any updates?
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
266 Posts
Any updates on this yet? The picture on the website SUCKS big time!

Gambler
RCGambler is offline Find More Posts by RCGambler
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:47 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Here's an update, and it doesn't bode well..........for me.

I was intrigued and hopeful the Projet Phantom would pan out. The elevator design, opposed to a true to scale stabilator, flying tail, bit that model design in the butt. Every YouTube vid I saw of that model flying ended in a rough as a cob, pancaked in, controlled crash for a landing; high wing loading, model weight and not enough elevator effect. Sad because that F-4 was a looker. In the right hands? Maybe doable.

I'm stepping up from the E-Flite 70mm F-86, Exceed 70mm Mig 15 etract model and Venom F-86 70mm etract model with flaps and speed brakes, all of which needed gear mods, but I got them ironed out and have been flying them for about six months no problems. Fun, fun.

I always wanted an A-10 EDF. Frustrated with the lower end foamie A-10's I lept before looking and ordered the Projet 'High End' A-10 on impulse hoping for the best. Recently Nitroplanes added a photo to the product page that lays out the kit contents. Not much there. A true 'kit' it seems. Crappy fixed wire gear, generic wheels, a few gear plates and the airframe. There doesn't even appear to be control rods or any hardware package. False advertising, I feel ,as the one previous photo did show trailing link struts, but even they were ridiculously not scale. They look like Mig gear.

I did an internet search and RCLander/Sonic etracts will be the best bet, and it seems from what I could gleen from the 'net T-33 gear struts would be passable as 'kinda scale' @ $159.

With no electronics this bird will end up well beyond the $700 mark to get flying with mid range components ans whatever I can scrounge up from stock. In the end I'm sure it will fly well, but it will be well past the winter before I can put that amount of money into the project with all the others I have on 'build' at the moment.

I will receive the kit on Monday and will report back here after the uncrating. But, hmmmm, I was foolish. My bad. Nitroplanes should have been more complete with the product description, it was ambiguous to say the least. Hope they send me the generic bulk mailing 'customer survey' on this one.

Will post back Monday eve.
Demsey is offline Find More Posts by Demsey
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
266 Posts
Why would you buy ANYTHING before knowing all about you are buying? That isn't Nitroplane's fault

Agreed on the Projet F-4. When I get around to building my F-4, I will modify it to a full flying stab as there is more than enough room to rework the rudder/stab linkage, and either 'freeze' the elevators in place or build a whole new flying stab.

I have the scale retracts for the plane, and sure wish Nitroplanes would stock the scale retracts and the 90mm fan for their FABULOUS T-45!

I am not going to make a move on the A-10 until I see your or other pics, or Nitroplanes puts up better detailed photos and description. From the looks of the photos here and the one photo on their website, I am leaning toward the purchase. They are doing a HORRIBLE job selling the plane via their web page for it!

First there was no photo, then they placed up that BADLY photoshop'ed image were I guess they were trying to hide the manufacture's details. Now the wave the ARF Kit parts laid out with no description of what is included or required to finish the kit; just a place your order button... there will be hundreds available so there is no need to jump on this one at LIGHT-SPEED!

I could have a fixed gear flying A-10 for about $250-$300 in addition to the $199 kit price.

Retracts another $400-$450, so your $700 for a full-house with retracts plane is about right, but if the QUALITY is there, and near-scale to scale is there, then its worth it for some including myself.

Gambler
RCGambler is offline Find More Posts by RCGambler
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGambler View Post
Why would you buy ANYTHING before knowing all about you are buying? That isn't Nitroplane's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demsey View Post
But, hmmmm, I was foolish.

and, well, when it comes to this stuff RCG? I'm 'out of character impetuous'. I'm not a well man, when it comes to RC !

I'm sure the airframe is going to be on par with the Projet F-4 and I kind of knew the score as that kit (the Phantom) is truely a 'kit' and that product page comes well posted to the fact what is needed to complete the project. I just think NP should adjust their product description. I think we are in agreement there.

But NO SOUR GRAPES!! It will be done, and it will rock. I'll have the plane tomorrow and will share. Perhaps start a thread garnering input and opinion toward routes to go with the electronics, gear etc. That would be fun. I have never done a 'build' thread.

I will say, in the end, you get a better product going 'piecemeal' than anything I have gotten 'Plug and Play' in the 'foam realm' (aside some great Airfield products from Nitroplanes I have bought. The 1400mm T-28? Awesome!). As I mentioned above the Exceed Mig from NP and Venom F-86,not from NP, were plagued with problems with inferior components. You spend your money, you take your chances. The E-Flight F-86 and similarly E-Flight P-51 B model 32e I have are top notch having outfitted with quality components. This A-10 will get the best I can afford.............

Good luck on the F-4 stabilator project. Lordy, what a nice piece that plane is! Woof!

Tomorrow then!

Doug
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Plane arrived. Damaged.

Well, the plane arrived damaged. Shame. Probably the flimsiest packing job I've seen to date. What a pity. Surprised UPS got the plane here in any assemblance at all.

I'm not going to post any pics other than the ones I have taken to make my case to NP for product replacement. When they capitulate I certainly will. Suffice what you see on the NP product description page is what you get.

I will share tho' the A-10 looks awesome! Very well built, squared and rendered. Light ply and balsa throughout, fiberglass engine nacelle. Reminiscent to any of the E-Flite built up ARF's or my NP Embraer 312 Tucana. Monocote (Chinacote?) covering, then acrylic airbrush finish and waterslide decals. Nice scale details such as separate primary maneuving flaps and secondary landing flap, STOL wing tip washout, wing polyhedral offset nose gear to accomodate the mini-gun (although the minigun is not supplied, will DEFINATELY have to fashion or specialty source one!) As you can see from the below pics however the covering is seemingly VERY brittle. This A/C will have very little to no crash resistance, or rough handling transporting to and fro the field. The components; wing, fuse, flight surface are feather light. With twin 70mm? This bird will scream. My E-Flite F-86 with E-Flite Delta 5 70 mm set up is quick. If I use the same set up here? X2? Lord.

OK, the ball is in NP's court. I've had good Customer Service from them in the past, I'm sure it will come to a mutual conclusion. Hopefully they will replace the fuselage without me having to return the damaged one or whole plane altogether. Would hate the lag time.

When I get the replacement I'm going to start a 'Build Thread'. There seems to be a lot of interest in this plane but not much chatter. Hopefully garner some good input from the membership. More later...............

Doug

Last edited by Demsey; Aug 22, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:24 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Demsey
I responded to your email a little while ago saying we will film a claim with UPS and for your order.
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
I responded to your email a little while ago saying we will film a claim with UPS and for your order.

MmmmK, meaning what exactly? I will have to wait until you get satisfaction from UPS, then I will get refund if I send the plane back? Or I will get new fuselage in many weeks time?

Not really sure where I stand here.............thank you for response and consideration.

Doug