HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:12 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,258 Posts
New Product
Akcent-2

I just received a shipment of Akcent-2s from Dmitriy Lomovtsev of www.ldmodels.com in Russia.
The first Akcent-2 in the USA had been flown by Gavin Trussell this season and his general opinion was rather positive. Akcent-2 survived Gavin's launches and the normal abuse that Gavin gives all his models I think it also took out a couple other models in midairs with little damage to itself The people who saw the model and (few) that tried to fly it also had good feedback about it. The model performs quite well for the cost. The wing is molded with a foam core inside, fiberglass skins (2 layers of light glass) and now also has a carbon grid under the skin (disser). Having a foam core inside a molded wing is good from the durability point of view. The damage is easier to repair, very much like on a vac. bagged wing. The tail feathers are also molded with a foam core inside and light glass skins. The quality is B+ with a few cosmetic defects here and there, and the model looks very attractive in your hands and in the air. I am planning to build one for myself for test flying and I will post my build pics here, unless somebody else beats me to it

The component weights are: wings 125-127g, fuselages 45-47g, tail sets 16-17g. The wing is attached with 2 (two) M4 bolts. The stab mount is of very clever design, very light about 1.6-1.7g. The model does not come with any pushrods (I can supply pushrods at cost). You are supposed to use pull-spring setup for the tails. I have a building manual in Russian that I will translate and post here later.

Please see the pics below. I have received 8 full quality models (1...8), plus 3 second quality models (9...11) with various defects (small skin delams in front of the spar, fuselage weak spots). Model #9 also has a heavier wing due to an imbedded carbon sock in the ailerons. Model #1 is already taken. I will also leave one model for myself, whichever one is left last I guess.

Price is $450 for full quality models, $320 for second quality ones. Shipping $40 from me to you.

If anybody is interested in getting one, you can post your reply here with the number of the model you want to let others know it is taken, and/or send me an e-mail (oleg.golovidov@gmail.com). Payment by check is preferred, or PayPal as a personal gift to avoid the 3% fee.

Ask your questions here or via e-mail!

---
olgol is offline Find More Posts by olgol
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by olgol; Apr 03, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:37 PM
United States, SC, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2003
1,163 Posts
They look really nice and really like the idea of molded solid core wings!

James
hohensej is offline Find More Posts by hohensej
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Aerial Information
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:48 PM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
USA, OH, Worthington
Joined May 2002
6,663 Posts
I had a chance to stick this a bit early in the season (just after the Bruce) and it flew very well. The quality of these looks like it's come up a notch since then as well.

Good stuff.
tom43004 is offline Find More Posts by tom43004
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:59 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,258 Posts
Tom, James, thanks for you kind comments!

Two models are taken already: #1 and #3.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG assembly service
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:01 PM
Come out swinging
San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
2,653 Posts
The website shows the Akcent as a pod/boom model. Your images show the model fuse as 1-pc, I guess it's 1-pc.

Do you have any info on the wing sections? Gavin, can you chime in with a flight report?

Sean
sporter is offline Find More Posts by sporter
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:04 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,258 Posts
Sean, you were looking at Akcent pictures, not Akcent-2.
The sketch says airfoils are based on AG series, that's all I know. Dmitriy does not disclose the airfoils.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:46 PM
Team Horizon Pilot :)
O H I O
Joined Jul 2007
1,480 Posts
Mine was a little heavy.(MY FAULT)it was by far the highest launching plane i have had until tragedy. flew great .was a faster plane and had legs. great for the price and wing is bulletproof.Looks like they upgraded the tails. Definitely well worth the money and dam the new ones are sexy.
Gavin
Gavin Trussell is online now Find More Posts by Gavin Trussell
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:21 AM
United States, CA, Lemoore
Joined Nov 2008
460 Posts
PM'd
Svede is online now Find More Posts by Svede
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sea Bull maidened
Old Dec 02, 2010, 06:46 AM
But I am learning
USA, MD, Cumberland
Joined Apr 2008
1,047 Posts
I know where number one is headed

Brian P.
I_Can't_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Can't_Fly
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:05 AM
Ryan Gonsoulin
United States, LA, New Iberia
Joined May 2009
302 Posts
Any ballast system with this one?
Ryans Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Ryans Rebel
Old Dec 02, 2010, 09:07 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,258 Posts
No ballast system. The best way to do ballast in narrow fuselages like this is with a "skewer". The ballast weights (fishing weights) are threaded onto a music wire (0.032" or so) and the wire has a small loop at the end which engages into a hole near the canopy opening. Works really well. FW 5 I think shows it in their instructions. I will try to find pics.

Models 1, 3, 7 are taken. Thanks for the interest, guys!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:35 AM
Aeromodeller by heart!
Herning, Denmark
Joined Dec 2002
632 Posts
Hi Folks.

I flew an Akcent 2 at the German Open this year.
Crashed my secondary plane less than one week before the competition.
Recived the Akcent 2 monday (It was ordered a monthe before), started building allmost at the doorstep. Finished the plane tuesday evening and went to germany wednesday.
Test flew thursday and used in competition the same afternoon.
(I even think there is a picture of my model here on rc-groups, taken in germany by Oleg!)

Only thin to say is: "Huge value for the bucks"

The fuse is really great, and strong...

RubSon
RubSon is offline Find More Posts by RubSon
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:02 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Sep 2004
2,258 Posts
Ballast on a skewer

Here are pics of "ballast on a skewer". I think this is the most convenient ballast system for these narrow molded fuselages. There must be enough space though behind the servos to insert the ballast, the servos must be forward enough from the rear canopy edge.

---
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:04 PM
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Joined Feb 2004
610 Posts
Twister 1 ballast system

Hi, some pictures of the ballast system in a Twister 1.
Frans Bal is online now Find More Posts by Frans Bal
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:17 PM
NorCal
Joined Nov 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol View Post
Here are pics of "ballast on a skewer". I think this is the most convenient ballast system for these narrow molded fuselages. There must be enough space though behind the servos to insert the ballast, the servos must be forward enough from the rear canopy edge.

---
I was thinking of doing something like this in one of my DLG's. Other than the retaining wire, do you just let the ballast "float" in the fuse? If using pull/spring, I would think it would be best to have a tube that the skewar inserts into so it doesn't get caught up on the string...

Brian
bjue is offline Find More Posts by bjue