SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:25 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
mine is on it's way! :-)

Curious about those using a 2 bladed prop... any suggestions for use with the stock motor? Thanks!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Mar 05, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Wassenaar
Joined Sep 2010
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Even if you hand launched it you still need a decent place to land. Not to say that it couldn't be done, but it would not be ideal. Besides, takeoff and landing with this plane is half the fun. I fly in empty farm fields too behind my house and ususally there is a long driveway or path the can be used for a runway. Look for one of those and you should be in good shape.

KMan

If I can't find a parking lot I'll do what I did with the Super Cub - double the size of the foam wheels so it can land on rough grass. It won't look scale and I may have to adjust for CG but gotta keep flying somehow.
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeabres View Post
If I can't find a parking lot I'll do what I did with the Super Cub - double the size of the foam wheels so it can land on rough grass. It won't look scale and I may have to adjust for CG but gotta keep flying somehow.
If you double the size of the wheels (from 1.75" to 3.5"), the wheels pants would have to be sidelined. The back two wheels should be easy to replace since they are on bolts already. You will just need another nut and possibly some washers to hold them on. But the front wheel would be the challenge. I don't know how big of a wheel would fit on there and not rub the top of the wheel stem. The only way to hold it on would be to use some sort of cap nut.

I would be interested in seeing it when it is done if you end up doing it. I imagine it would look something like the Multiplex Fun Cub's oversize wheels when you are done.

KMan
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
my SR is here, and fully assembled... I got a light kit from hobbypartz, but haven't installed it yet. Has anyone else put a light kit on, and if so, do you have any installation pictures?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:10 PM
United States, OH, Findlay
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
Well It finally happin I bent my motor shaft. I would like to get some advice on what motor I can put in the sr and still keep the 3 blade prop and nosecone. Or if someone has advise on switching it to a 2 blade would be fine also. Thanks
v_dub1968 is offline Find More Posts by v_dub1968
Old Mar 19, 2011, 05:28 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,737 Posts
Here's the exact replacement motor. Don't be concerned that it says it's for the Grand Cruiser - same motor. I have both planes.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...or-p-1200.html
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:39 PM
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
Here's the exact replacement motor. Don't be concerned that it says it's for the Grand Cruiser - same motor. I have both planes.

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...or-p-1200.html
Thanks for the info
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
wonder if there is a better motor out there with a tougher shaft ? I also found this motor........ http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-exa010.html wonder if it would work with the sr
Old Mar 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,737 Posts
I ordered the hobbypartz motor thinking it might be the same - it's not. Probably won't make the power of the stock one, either.

There are lots of other motors that can be used on the plane - many with stronger shafts. Most are going to preclude the use of the Dynam 3 blade prop and spinner, however.

One like this would be a good candidate:

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...0-Sport/Detail
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Last edited by dbc; Mar 19, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:42 PM
simplefly
United States, IL, Glen Ellyn
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
I have this one. works well.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...50-Sport/Detai
simplefly is offline Find More Posts by simplefly
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:46 PM
Joined Dec 2008
19 Posts
Hi! New to the Group. Just today I received my Dynam Cirrus SR22 RXR from Nitroplanes. The reports of shipping damage are, sadly, true. Unboxing revealed that he tip of the port horizontal stab was broken off. Also, the motor mount was broken loose from the fuselage. I elected to repair the damage rather than wait for a replacement - which may well have worse damage than this. Pictures are attached.

I like the Dynam planes and they seem to fly well. I'm not sure if I'll use the Dynam 2.4GHZ TX / RX from my Skybus, or my new HobbyKing 2.4GHZ TX / RX in this plane.
The forecast here is for stormy weather with high winds - not good conditions for a maiden flight.
Any advice you SR22 fliers can offer will be welcome.
I'm ready to take it to the sky and have some fun!
jeffkix is offline Find More Posts by jeffkix
Last edited by jeffkix; Mar 25, 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Correct Photos Display
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Welcome to SR Trainer initiation Jeff! Yes, unfortunately some of us have to fix the plane before we can fly it for the first time. Looks like yours was beat up pretty bad en route to your hangar.

For the most part, this plane is pretty straight forward to fly. It can be a little squirrelly on the ground when you take off, but this can be alleviated a number of ways. Some have changed the hole position on the steering linkage to the inner most hole. I was able to tone it down with my programmable TX by adding a dual rate/expo into the input.

The plane balances out nicely with a 2200mah battery so it is pretty much plug it in and fly. Good luck on your maiden

KMan
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
FYI - for anyone wanting another Dynam plane NP has 10% off by using the DYNAM10 coupon code through the end of the month.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:52 PM
Brain/Thumb Interlock Off
Joined Mar 2011
164 Posts
I'm trying to get my Dynam SR ready to fly, but the weight and balance has me stumped. Mine weighs in at about 977g vs the 880g spec in the manual. CG is at 45mm vs the 30 - 35mm specified in the manual. I added flaps and the Turnegy servo speed reducer, but all that shouldn't add more than 25g, and the added weight is all close to the CG. My 977g is 10% over the spec weight. To get it to balance at the 30mm point, I have to add 86g of ballast on the firewall under the cowl - that's 30 quarter-inch washers - bringing airplane weight up to 1063.2g to balance. That's 20% over the spec weight!

The 30 - 35mm seems like a pretty nose-heavy position to me. Can anyone currently flying their SR tell me the weight and CG position they have? I'd like a slightly nose-heavy position for first flight, but nearly a half pound over weight sure doesn't sound good. Sure would help to have someone elses numbers to compare to...
DriverRX8 is offline Find More Posts by DriverRX8
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DriverRX8; Mar 26, 2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Typos
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:29 AM
Joined Dec 2008
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Welcome to SR Trainer initiation Jeff! Yes, unfortunately some of us have to fix the plane before we can fly it for the first time. Looks like yours was beat up pretty bad en route to your hangar.

For the most part, this plane is pretty straight forward to fly. It can be a little squirrelly on the ground when you take off, but this can be alleviated a number of ways. Some have changed the hole position on the steering linkage to the inner most hole. I was able to tone it down with my programmable TX by adding a dual rate/expo into the input.

The plane balances out nicely with a 2200mah battery so it is pretty much plug it in and fly. Good luck on your maiden

KMan
Thanks for the encouragement, KMan.
But wait! There's more! One of the aileron servos doesn't work. It just grinds and grinds...
Also, the nose gear isn't aligned properly - the final bend is insufficient and the wheel cants off at an odd angle. Speaking of the nose gear, see how the ESC was factory installed right across the nose gear mount? I did a quick mod to reposition it and route the wires through the firewall as they logically should;

I'm also going to add some magnets to hold the cowl in place.

The weather might be OK for a maiden tomorrow, but to do so I'll have to steal an aileron servo from my Skybus - which, by the way, arrived undamaged and flew beautifully until I made a rookie mistake and stalled it.

Despite the setbacks we shall, as the saying goes, "continue with style."
jeffkix is offline Find More Posts by jeffkix
Last edited by jeffkix; Mar 27, 2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Add Image