HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:48 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids2 View Post
Are there parts out there anywhere for this plane?
I would imagine that Nitroplanes could get you a part. You may have to call them directly.
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:29 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,558 Posts
Reverse Flap Servo

I am getting ready to install the flaps on mine and was contemplating whether to try and get a reversed servo or a y-cable with a servo reversing module. After doing a little searching, I found some good instructional guides on how to reverse a typical servo by swapping a couple pairs of wires inside. So, I tried it and it worked

Now I just need to install the servos and the other hardware, but I am still missing one of the flap hinges. I actually contacted Nitroplanes a few weeks ago about getting another hinge and they said they would mail me one. But, I haven't seen it come yet I suppose I could just install the 2 outer hinges and install an ordinary control horn in the middle of each flap and attach it to the servos. It would look as clean but it would work.

KMan
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2006
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
I am getting ready to install the flaps on mine and was contemplating whether to try and get a reversed servo or a y-cable with a servo reversing module. After doing a little searching, I found some good instructional guides on how to reverse a typical servo by swapping a couple pairs of wires inside. So, I tried it and it worked

Now I just need to install the servos and the other hardware, but I am still missing one of the flap hinges. I actually contacted Nitroplanes a few weeks ago about getting another hinge and they said they would mail me one. But, I haven't seen it come yet I suppose I could just install the 2 outer hinges and install an ordinary control horn in the middle of each flap and attach it to the servos. It would look as clean but it would work.

KMan
why go through all that trouble? I just installed mine facing the same direction. the flaps move in much the same way, but no additional or costly work.

I used the outer 3 to secure the flap hinges and the middle is just the control throw.

granted, i'm a novice pilot, but it works great work me
Rimmyman is offline Find More Posts by Rimmyman
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:46 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,558 Posts
I reversed the one servo just to see if I could do it. I saw that it could be done by just swapping a couple pairs of wires inside. It didn't take long, only about 15 minutes and it it just required a screwdriver and a soldering iron. Here is a video on how to do it if you are ever interested.

How to REVERSE a Servo. (4 min 32 sec)

I will probably just do what you did and only attach the outer 2 hinges with a control horn in the middle. Should do the trick.

KMan
Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:42 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2006
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
I reversed the one servo just to see if I could do it. I saw that it could be done by just swapping a couple pairs of wires inside. It didn't take long, only about 15 minutes and it it just required a screwdriver and a soldering iron. Here is a video on how to do it if you are ever interested.

I will probably just do what you did and only attach the outer 2 hinges with a control horn in the middle. Should do the trick.

KMan
oh i've done that to a servo, its a good tip. just have steady hands.

my flaps are sturdy and work well, you will enjoy landing with them though. its truly inspiring to see
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:55 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,558 Posts
I finally got my flaps installed and working. This is my first plane with flaps so I am anxious to try them out soon. I had Nitroplanes send me a replacement flap hinge since I was missing one from the original kit. Took them a little while, but they came through for me (thanks Nitroplanes!!!). Right now, I have the flaps set for 50% travel. This gives me about a 45 degree angle from level. Does this sound reasonable for those who are using flaps on this plane? Or do I need more/less?

KMan
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:32 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2006
65 Posts
I have mine set to the knob so i can trim it as needed.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 11:25 PM
USA, TN, West Bradley
Joined Jan 2011
32 Posts
What kind of flight time are you getting out of a 2200mAh 25C
TheRCEdge is offline Find More Posts by TheRCEdge
Old Feb 06, 2011, 11:35 AM
simplefly
United States, IL, Glen Ellyn
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
Dynam Sr Trainer

Here is mine.
simplefly is offline Find More Posts by simplefly
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:16 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,558 Posts
Simplefly - from your pictures it looks like the top of your rudder is a little crooked from shipping. Mine was the same way. I heated it up a bit and straightened it out the best I could. Otherwise, it looks good! Post some video when you get it up in the air

KMan
Old Feb 07, 2011, 06:53 PM
simplefly
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
Kman, thanks for the tip. I'll try to streighten it. I'll post videos when I get a chance.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 04:00 PM
USA, TN, West Bradley
Joined Jan 2011
32 Posts
Just got mine in today. Can't wait to get it up in the air.

Scott T.
TheRCEdge.com

(Team XAircraft USA)
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:03 PM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
Man, my wings flex on hard turns or loops. I am going easy on this now after seeing that. Anyone snap the wings yet? They are so narrow...
luvmykids2 is offline Find More Posts by luvmykids2
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:48 AM
USA, TN, West Bradley
Joined Jan 2011
32 Posts
Im going to change out the prop and spinner what would be the best for this model...

Scott T.
TheRCEdge.com
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:18 AM
simplefly
Joined Sep 2010
230 Posts
I'd like to do same. I wanna change the motor as well. It sounds kind of weird.