HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:09 PM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
I do like that 3 bladed prop w the nose cone. Will that still work with a prop adapter? I have lots of those here left from other projects. Heads up RC is a good company. I have ordered from them before, he ships same day! I jsut want to be able to put that prop back on..
luvmykids2 is offline Find More Posts by luvmykids2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2010, 05:20 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,760 Posts
It'll work fine. You may have to enlarge the hole in the spinner backplate and prop, as the adapter shaft will be larger in dia than the motor shaft on the Dynam motor. Upside is that this motor/adapter will certainly be more rugged than the Dynam motor. Also, I can't be sure that the motor mount holes will align with the ones existing in the mount in the SR. There are many different configurations of these and oftentimes they don't align. Just drill new ones in the SR plastic motor mount plate if they don't match up.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:12 PM
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
Ordered from heads up rc, I will post progress and results. Thanks guys for the input!
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:47 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,760 Posts
Thread has been dead for awhile. Anyone still flying this plane?

Mine's now got more than a dozen flights logged and is still flying great. The stiff main gear requires you to really finesse the landings to get smooth ones but beyond that, there's nothing to dislike about this little sweetie.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Jan 02, 2011, 12:10 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,615 Posts
Other than the maiden flight, I haven't had mine in the air due to winter weather and the Holidays. Hopefully, with the new year we can get a break from the cold and the in-laws
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jan 03, 2011, 12:14 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
The stiff main gear requires you to really finesse the landings to get smooth ones but beyond that, there's nothing to dislike about this little sweetie.
I wonder if swapping the foam wheels out with rubber ones would help smooth out the landings? The rubber ones would have a little more give when touching down.

KMan
Old Jan 03, 2011, 02:09 AM
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
I am flying mine when it isn't raining. I always get those rubber low bounce wheels and put them on everything. Really helps. i just need to order some for this one.
I have about 25 flights on mine and no problems other than the shaft shearing off. I was able to just put a prop adapter on what was left and put a 2 blade prop on it.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:21 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids2 View Post
I always get those rubber low bounce wheels and put them on everything. Really helps. i just need to order some for this one.
Can you provide a link for the wheels or a manufacturer/part #?
Old Jan 03, 2011, 03:25 PM
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
Here are the ones I have been using...
Old Jan 03, 2011, 03:27 PM
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
Forgot the pic!
Old Jan 03, 2011, 04:49 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids2 View Post
Here are the ones I have been using...
DUBRO! I was going to guess them. I use a lot of their hinges and prop adaptor products. Good stuff!
Old Jan 03, 2011, 07:17 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2006
65 Posts
I fly my plane almost every other day. so far i'm up to around 15 batts worth. just picked up a new battery so I can fly longer. I love this plane. seriously.

I also have a REALLY bad video of me flying it at the local park. I took a nose dive on one flight and had to remove the nose cowl as a result. haven't gotten the magnets I want to put it back on with. so its open nose at the moment, still flies well though. I also ditched the 3 blade prop for a 2 blade. does it make a difference? I think so. its a little more controllable I think, but thats not an educated opinion, just mine.

Tim M.'s Dynam Cirrus SR-22 RTF (3 min 9 sec)

I also added a bit of color to my plane. i'm a TOTAL monocote newb, so I tried my hand at the tape. its about a 3ft paint job.

I am interested in those low bounce wheels. as you can see in the vid, my landing was a tad on the rough side (lucky it was the only one filmed right LOL) and those might help. I was also not using the flaps on that landing, and I am pretty sure that was the last time I landed without them. just butter soft landings when they're down.
Rimmyman is offline Find More Posts by Rimmyman
Old Jan 03, 2011, 08:02 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,615 Posts
Rimmyman - thanks for sharing the video and pictures! Your plane is looking good, so far
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,615 Posts
Dynam Manuals Online

I saw on the Dynam website that the download section now has the SR22 Manual (and other planes) in PDF format. I found that just clicking on the download icon didn't work. So, I right clicked on the icon, performed a "save target as", saved it to my desktop, and then opened it. Then I could view it.

Here is the link.

http://dynam-rc.cn/information/download.htm

KMan
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:10 AM
Joined Dec 2006
367 Posts
Are there parts out there anywhere for this plane?