HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
I have been considering this plane or the 182 sky trainer by dynam...Anyone here own or fly both? I am still just flying a couple of 4 channel fast gliders for several months...and think moving up to one of these rather then crashing and fixing my warbirds i bought a while back that i have put off maidening(crashed/fixed my 2 corsairs a few times already).. I like them both and both have flap kits included so i really want the best handling plane out of the two...thax PS i posted this in the dynam 182 trainer thread also..it has exact same amount of threads
I have the SR trainer and a friend of mine has the Dynam (Nitro Planes / Banana Hobby) 182. The 182 costs more, but you get a more powerful motor and a heavier plane. The SR is a very stable flyer though. The 182 has wing struts so the wing doesn't flex as much as the SR. The 182 is probably a stronger plane and perhas a better "first aeleron" trainer. The 182 suffers with nose wheel difficulties, same as the SR. I don't want to get into 'high wing' versus 'low wing'. I choose the SR to practice landings after difficulty with my first warbird, I thought the SR might make a good low wing (and flap) trainer for warbirds. But for me, the SR trainer needs a bigger motor right out of the box. (see thread for suggestions)
stevea3342 is offline Find More Posts by stevea3342
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:48 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
subbing to this looks really good
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:17 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,107 Posts
They also make great jets after you crash them. I have about 4 of these planes they are just fun easy planes.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:28 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
They also make great jets after you crash them. I have about 4 of these planes they are just fun easy planes.
LMAO - that is friggin awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,107 Posts
HA HA yep..... it goes about 70 MPH..... it spun in and destroyed the foam in the engine firewall so I just added some jet pods from a Dynam Turbo Jet..... It is crazy.... we call it Dumbo.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:35 AM
Joined May 2010
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
I have the SR trainer and a friend of mine has the Dynam (Nitro Planes / Banana Hobby) 182. The 182 costs more, but you get a more powerful motor and a heavier plane. The SR is a very stable flyer though. The 182 has wing struts so the wing doesn't flex as much as the SR. The 182 is probably a stronger plane and perhas a better "first aeleron" trainer. The 182 suffers with nose wheel difficulties, same as the SR. I don't want to get into 'high wing' versus 'low wing'. I choose the SR to practice landings after difficulty with my first warbird, I thought the SR might make a good low wing (and flap) trainer for warbirds. But for me, the SR trainer needs a bigger motor right out of the box. (see thread for suggestions)
Thx,, i see BH has 5 ch 55'' fms planes for $109 ... i wonder if they come with lights like the airfield 5 ch sky trainer? seems like the best deal of all if it does..
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined May 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Thx,, i see BH has 5 ch 55'' fms planes for $109 ... i wonder if they come with lights like the airfield 5 ch sky trainer? seems like the best deal of all if it does..
I think the sky trainer comes with lights at BH. My friend has 1 from Nitro and 1 from BH. I'm not sure what the differences are, but these are his favorite 'go-to' planes.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined May 2010
1,741 Posts
Quote:
I think the sky trainer comes with lights at BH. My friend has 1 from Nitro and 1 from BH. I'm not sure what the differences are, but these are his favorite 'go-to' planes.
Seems like the only issue with these planes is weak front gear which a lot of guys replace...I have'nt heard of any motor or esc issues...I wonder how stock performance compares to dyam slightly smaller 182... thx
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:07 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Quote:
Seems like the only issue with these planes is weak front gear which a lot of guys replace...I have'nt heard of any motor or esc issues...I wonder how stock performance compares to dyam slightly smaller 182... thx
We have the SR22 that came with the 950kv motor & 30A ESC, even though it advertised 1100kv. We are powering it with a 2200mah 11.1v 20c lipo and have had very good luck so far. Yeah the extra power would be nice to have in reserve, but it is what it is. I added the flaps but have yet to use them, mainly because we are using a buddy box with a mix of 5 & 6 channels. The only thing I dislike about this plane is the nose gear. Very flimsy. My buddy worked it to take some of the slop out, but the whole design leaves something to be desired. All in all, it's a great flyer. I would not hesitate buying another one.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,313 Posts
I have an Airfield/FMS Skytrainer 182 kit that I bought last year and is still in a box waiting to be built. At the time I designated it as the replacement plane for my Dynam SR because I didn't think it was going to last much longer. I was just going to transfer the electronics (all but the motor) when the SR airframe gave out. Low and behold, the SR is the plane that would never die. I beat the tar out of it and it still comes back for more. So, I may have to put the 182 plane together anyways and just fly both

Kman
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,107 Posts
They are fun and tough. My sliver one came this morning. I like them because of the price too. I use mine for things/experiments I wont use my nice models for. I install the 1100Kv motors in my and you would be surprised how much weight they will carry. As for the gear, I pull mine first thing and epoxy them in. that pretty much solves the gear issue for me.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined May 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
That's great (and crazy). I'd love to see a video of this one taking off.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:45 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,313 Posts
Quote:
That's great (and crazy). I'd love to see a video of this one taking off.
I second that notion...

Kman
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,107 Posts
I will cut you some tomorrow. For now,,,, Some SR GPS data for you to digest.
SR Trainer GPS xvid (6 min 46 sec)

It is crazy,,,,,,, it has such a wild sound to it in flight.... You want video from the ground or from the plane? if the ground I got to wait for my friend to get off work to film it.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined May 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
I will cut you some tomorrow. For now,,,, Some SR GPS data for you to digest.

It is crazy,,,,,,, it has such a wild sound to it in flight.... You want video from the ground or from the plane? if the ground I got to wait for my friend to get off work to film it.
I'd love to see a fly-by and hear this crazy thing whenever you get a chance.