Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Hey guys, it's been a while.

Finally had the chance to maiden mine after all the mods and stuff. The 2215 E-Max motor was great and so was the plane. Flew awesome!

Plenty of acrobatics, slow flying with full flaps and some cool speed passes.

After about 20 flights, my first crash. Caught on tape. It was very windy and I didnt account for that when doing the final approach turn, so the wind threw me into a tree.

Wing almost broke of, stopped at the CF Strip I put in, motor shaft bent and cowl split in half. Not so bad acctually.

I switched the 2215 motor for a 2220 also from emax, from a friend of mine, and will give it a try soon. The plane is already back in one piece.

Here are some photos, and the videos we took, one more acrobatic, and the second one with the crash.

Hope you guys like it.

Alex

First flight of the day + some acrobatics:
sr trainer hd (8 min 23 sec)

Crash:
sr trainer hd 2 (9 min 8 sec)
warbirdzzz is offline Find More Posts by warbirdzzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Thank you for the info warbirdzz. When you say you sanded the lights, do you mean you actually took sandpaper to these? How about the UBEC I've heard so much about to power the lights? Doesn't sound like you went that route and are able to use them.
I actually used very light sand paper and sanded them lightly. Makes the light diffuse better and the LED can be seen from any angle. No UBEC installed, just upgraded the ESC to 40A and thats it. Just plugged the LED unit into channel 8 of my reciever.

Alex
warbirdzzz is offline Find More Posts by warbirdzzz
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
Great videos warbirdzzz

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,266 Posts
No chance to try out the new motor this weekend. Rained most of the day yesterday. Very windy today. Maybe next weekend.
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
Staying 3 mistakes high!
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined May 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdzzz View Post
Hey guys, it's been a while.

Finally had the chance to maiden mine after all the mods and stuff. The 2215 E-Max motor was great and so was the plane. Flew awesome!

Plenty of acrobatics, slow flying with full flaps and some cool speed passes.

After about 20 flights, my first crash. Caught on tape. It was very windy and I didnt account for that when doing the final approach turn, so the wind threw me into a tree.

Wing almost broke of, stopped at the CF Strip I put in, motor shaft bent and cowl split in half. Not so bad acctually.

I switched the 2215 motor for a 2220 also from emax, from a friend of mine, and will give it a try soon. The plane is already back in one piece.

Here are some photos, and the videos we took, one more acrobatic, and the second one with the crash.

Hope you guys like it.

Alex

First flight of the day + some acrobatics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWsdq45jBKs

Crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZvQmFah0g4
Nice videos! How'd you get your roll rate so fast? Mine won't roll nearly that fast.
Fei Hu is offline Find More Posts by Fei Hu
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
Got a few flights in this weekend. Weather here has been exceptional for flying and being outside in general. I crashed hard yesterday and broke my left wing clean off where it meets the fuselage. So I just set it up overnight with some gorilla glue white and she was as good as new this morning.

I threw my new Jumbo HD camera with wide angle lens on the wing and flew this afternoon. Here is the flight...

Dynam SR Nice Day to Fly (8 min 21 sec)

Happy flying all

Kman
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
Here is another...

Dynam SR Nice Day to Fly (from the tail) (8 min 52 sec)

Kman 
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
I received my SR on Tuesday and rushed to get it ready for a fun fly on Saturday. I did get it painted and ready.

I flew it on Saturday and found the red motor really lacking in power. It was enough to keep it in the air but that was about it. I was flying in 4-5mph winds, it didn't seem to effect the plane that much. Although I did notice flying into the wind that the plane struggled against the wind.

I am definitely going to replace the motor with an EMAX BL2215/20.

Anyway here is a picture before the maiden flight and I’m glad to say that it still looks the same after.
Warbow is offline Find More Posts by Warbow
Last edited by Warbow; Oct 02, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: change blue to red motor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Nice looking paint scheme Warbow. What did you use to paint it? Airbrush or rattle can? My sons plane came in with the 950kv motor and it seems to do pretty good, but I sure would like to have that extra power if he needed it. Happy Flyin'
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Rattle can, Krylon satin. It was a can that I had left over. The only prep I did was blue painters tape and then gave the areas I was painting a good scrub with alcohol. I noticed that the foam that was scrubbed with alcohol seems to become more translucent, so I would only clean the areas that you are going to paint.

The paint seems to adhere very well, but time will tell.
Warbow is offline Find More Posts by Warbow
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:05 AM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,266 Posts
Weather finally cooperated yesterday to try the new motor. The extra power was very obvious. Steeper climb outs. Faster of course. Gave me the much needed power on takeoff I was after. Easily cruise at 1/2 throttle. Definetely need to add some paint if I decide to keep it. Clear skies are not the norm and the decals just don't stick out enough. Would recommend the motor upgrade. Easy and cheap to do.
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on beefing up the nose wheel. My buddy helped shim it up to take some of the play out of it, but we are having an issue of the housing pulling out the foam and the gear folding underneath the plane. I know this sounds like we are landing on the nose gear, but we aren't. This also has happened on an aborted takeoff with a slight hop. I'm afraid to glue it to much, because it is not causing an structural damage this way, but I also cannot keep having this same issue every time we try to fly. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:09 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
I reglued all three LG mounts with gorilla glue white. They don't go anywhere now

Kman
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:23 AM
Joined May 2010
1,730 Posts
I have been considering this plane or the 182 sky trainer by dynam...Anyone here own or fly both? I am still just flying a couple of 4 channel fast gliders for several months...and think moving up to one of these rather then crashing and fixing my warbirds i bought a while back that i have put off maidening(crashed/fixed my 2 corsairs a few times already).. I like them both and both have flap kits included so i really want the best handling plane out of the two...thax PS i posted this in the dynam 182 trainer thread also..it has exact same amount of threads
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:54 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
I reglued all three LG mounts with gorilla glue white. They don't go anywhere now

Kman
I am afraid to glue it to much and have it start ripping away the foam, but I probably don't have much of a choice. If worse comes to worse and it does tear up the foam to bad, I'll just have to rebuild the nose.