HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post
Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger on this SR at Nitroplanes. It's my Christmas present so it will not be assembled until after the gifts are opened. I hope to be a contributor to this thread in the new year.

Mfpage
Congrats, mine was my Christmas present last year! Or it was for my b-day (its in December, too). I can't remember, they both blend together

KMan
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:45 PM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Nov 2011
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Thanks Jim. I got a threaded shaft from Heads-Up that might work...

Well anyway, anyone has a recommendation for a stock motor replacement?
The 3mm shafts from HeadsUp RC work just fine in the Dynam motors. You can use the threaded or non-threaded shafts. They're quite easy to change, no special tools required.
DTFB Aerowerks is offline Find More Posts by DTFB Aerowerks
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:42 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
I have been looking at this model for the longest time and think that I may actually have to get one now. I have the Cessna 182 Skytrainer and love it! This one looks like another one to fall in love with!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 01, 2011, 04:34 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I have been looking at this model for the longest time and think that I may actually have to get one now. I have the Cessna 182 Skytrainer and love it! This one looks like another one to fall in love with!
I highly recommend it. I have been flying mine a lot lately because it has been pretty windy (15-20mph). This plane's big wingspan handles the wind with ease. Plus, I have been finding out the hard way that is pretty tough. I may bend the front nose gear from time to time, but it bends back with no problems. Now I just need to get the Cessna 182 Skytrainer

KMan
Old Dec 02, 2011, 01:08 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
I highly recommend it. I have been flying mine a lot lately because it has been pretty windy (15-20mph). This plane's big wingspan handles the wind with ease. Plus, I have been finding out the hard way that is pretty tough. I may bend the front nose gear from time to time, but it bends back with no problems. Now I just need to get the Cessna 182 Skytrainer

KMan
The nose gear on the Cessna is the weak link to the puzzle... I have mastered the main gear landings as a result but it really needs to be taken care of. A fellow flier just ordered one so once I see his flying I will almost for sure get one!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:29 AM
Take that runway!
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
SR Video

I had my video camera with me the other day and a helper at the field who agreed to do the flying. Still learning the camera. The SR is a nice flyer as you can see.

At the Field - SR Trainer.mp4 (4 min 31 sec)
jim12 is offline Find More Posts by jim12
Old Dec 04, 2011, 03:27 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Hey Jim, Where is your flying field? Looks very familiar!
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Dec 04, 2011, 10:34 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,696 Posts
Nice scale flying and camera work

KMan
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:34 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,696 Posts
Here is my latest flight. There were a bunch of geese in the field next to me that got a little spooked when I first took off, but then settled down once they figured out that I wasn't trying to harm them

Dynam SR22 Evening Flight 12022011 (7 min 52 sec)

KMan
Old Dec 04, 2011, 01:48 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
If I let my "helpers" fly my planes, I'd have fewer planes. I let them do the filming. I recently bought three different kinds of camera mounts on ebay to try out on a baseball cap so I may not need them any longer. I don't have the Trainer yet but I just received the big brother "Grand Cruiser" on Friday. The Trainer is still on my to get list though.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:43 PM
Take that runway!
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Hey Jim, Where is your flying field? Looks very familiar!
It is located in north Phoenix at the Adobe Dam Recreation area. It is in a flood zone so we've been blessed to have it within the city limits and close in. (Near I-17 and Pinnacle Peak Rd)
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:44 PM
Take that runway!
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycamaro View Post
If I let my "helpers" fly my planes, I'd have fewer planes. I let them do the filming. I recently bought three different kinds of camera mounts on ebay to try out on a baseball cap so I may not need them any longer. I don't have the Trainer yet but I just received the big brother "Grand Cruiser" on Friday. The Trainer is still on my to get list though.
Most of my helpers have better thumbs than me. I'm normally the one to damage a plane!
Old Dec 07, 2011, 09:25 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwing12 View Post
i got a cessna for my b-day and i was coming in to land with a good wind. Slowed her down to zero and she plopped on the gorund and the shaft broke........<]

We replaced the engine with an axi and boy does she fly! verrrry good
Hey FW12,

What size axi motor did you use? Can I assume you are using the stock prop?

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:15 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,489 Posts
While I know these aren't built for extreme manouvers, does the wing need a carbon spar for spirited use?
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:31 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
While I know these aren't built for extreme manouvers, does the wing need a carbon spar for spirited use?
No, I have been flying mine for a year now and they have not had an issue. I can do full throttle loops with no problems. In fact, when I crashed mine here recently, I nosed it into the ground and both wings sheared clean off. If it would have had a spar in it, I don't think the damage would have been very clean. I simply glued them back on and it flies just like new again. You can hardly notice the damage.

As far as extreme manuevers go, this plane does excellent self induced death spirals. Just make sure you are high enough up so that you have plenty of room to get out of it. Otherwise, you will do what I did and nose it straight into the ground

KMan