HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:56 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
That is hard to see. I am sure that in person it wasn't as dark. The camera doesn't quite have the low light capabilities as our eyes do

KMan
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:21 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
I crashed my SR hard nose first into the ground this weekend. Both wings broke clean off!!! But, I was able to glue them on and repair a couple other cracks and it actually looks like it didn't even crash. Just a testament to how tough these planes are and how easy they are to repair.

I haven't flown it yet since, yet. I have some new props coming this week so I plan to try it out again this coming weekend. The props that I am currently using are the GWS EP9070's. They actually perform quite well, better than the stock prop.

KMan
Last edited by kman24; Nov 09, 2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: whoops
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:04 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,849 Posts
Yeah next time I have someone record videos with an HD cam. This video was recorded with my mobile phone.
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
SR22 with GWS Prop and Nose Cone

I am now using a GWS prop and nose cone on my SR that seems to work pretty good on the stock motor/shaft...

- GWS EP9070 Prop
- GW/SPN008A Nose Cone

Performance is a little better than stock, too.

For anyone interested, I got them both at www.gwsprops.com

KMan
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:09 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
10% off coupon that looks like it works on the Dynam SR trainer
Nitroplanes coupon code
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:17 PM
Take that runway!
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Got one with the Veteran's Day coupon code. I thought the packing was better than other Dynams I have. No dents or scrapes on the foam. Will be adding flaps and lights. What's up with two different "N" numbers for left and right!?!
jim12 is offline Find More Posts by jim12
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:25 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Just got back from flying mine and I looked at the numbers on mine. You're right, they are different

I have been practicing takeoff and landings with this plane and it has been fun, exspecially with the flaps

Also, noticed that NP has the silver version on special for $74 now...

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy893...rf-silver.html

KMan
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:00 PM
Take that runway!
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Got 'er done

I decide to do a video build log for the SR ARF. Hopefully done editing soon. I liked the model and the fit and finish.

Elevator and rudder servos didn't work. They would only go one direction. I took them out and one was hot. It seemed that there were "FORKS" on the top gear that stopped rotation. I don't know whether a current limiter was supposed do something or what. I've replaced servo gears before but never seen anything like this before. They didn't work with the radio or a servo tester. I replaced them with HS 55s and they worked fine. Strange.

I ended up with a 33oz model w/battery. Only 13.5amps and 156 watts. Hope to fly tomorrow. Pretty plane.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:35 AM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
I requested the silver ARF version for their black friday sale, and they put up 10 coupons to bring it down to $60 each plus shipping. At the time of this post, these codes were still working:
dynamsrwptb4729
dynamsrjfe4akcy
dynamsrc324en8e
dynamsrhfa4nmcy
dynamsr7nxdxjqz
dynamsranwfbkdt
dynamsr9zanc3ma
dynamsrjy2b8fbk

Enjoy! If not used, these codes should still be good for about a month.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:46 PM
Take that runway!
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Happy Maiden

I got the SR together yesterday and took it to the field today. Bit of a breeze but right down the runway. It flew well with just a couple of clicks of trim. Neither half or full flaps seemed to affect the plane's pitch at altitude. The stalls, too, were gentle with just a little wing drop.

I had some trouble with the elevator and rudder servos. They only worked in one direction and buzzed a lot. One even got pretty hot. I took them out to see what was happening. They didn't work either on on the receiver or servo tester. The top gear seemed to have a fork (two nylon "fingers") hanging down to stop the rotation. I've replaced servo gears before but have never seen this before. In any case, I ended up tossing them and putting in some Hitec HS 55s. They worked perfectly.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:47 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Congrats on the maiden Jim Nice to see others enjoying this plane, too. I managed to get a flight in today, too. Mine has been holding up well and it is almost a year old!!!

I haven't had an issue with my servos that came with the plane. You must have gotten a couple duds

KMan
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:32 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,849 Posts
Oh man - Tested something new on my TX today and it activated the throttle.. pretty hard bounce after short takeoff and broke off the motor shaft.

Any recommendation for a replacement motor shaft or complete motor?

Thanks,

Andy
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:46 PM
Take that runway!
Joined May 2005
218 Posts
Flyandi, Take a look at post 166. Link there. You'll find some other comments if you search "shaft" on the thread tools. I've pulled those shafts before. Not to hard. Make sure you find all the grub screws and loosen them. I recommend using a drill press to apply pressure to push it out. Hammers tend to mushroom the ends so they don't fit.

Got my SR to the field again today, this time with my camera. I don't like to jinx the maidens.

Here are some stills. I have new video editing software on order so will use this to try it out.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,849 Posts
Thanks Jim. I got a threaded shaft from Heads-Up that might work...

Well anyway, anyone has a recommendation for a stock motor replacement?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:47 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
Hey guys, I just pulled the trigger on this SR at Nitroplanes. It's my Christmas present so it will not be assembled until after the gifts are opened. I hope to be a contributor to this thread in the new year.

Mfpage
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage