kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2011, 12:59 PM
Brain/Thumb Interlock Off
Joined Mar 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
TB - mine came with the blue motor and a 40A esc. I think the red motor has a lower kv rating, which explains why it came with a 30A esc. This must be a recent product change because I see that some of their new planes come with this setup. Even their new Trojan T-28 (see link below)

http://dynam-rc.cn/products/airplane/t-28.html

KMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbuster View Post
Got the SR today, it has the red motor, is that good or bad? It also has a 30 amp esc instead of the advertised 40amp Otherwise everything looks good so far, it was boxed well and seems to be free of damage.
Hopefully the shaft is stouter than what's on the blue motor. I became a victim of the sheared shaft before I ever got to fly. I was doing taxi runs in the driveway when it ran off into the grass. It took a very minor bump and bent the shaft. I broke the shaft trying to straighten it. I've ordered the same power setup that simplefly used (thanks for the info!) so I'll be grounded for a while yet.

I'd like some more weight and CG location datapoints if you get around to it...
DriverRX8 is offline Find More Posts by DriverRX8
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:39 PM
United States, OH, Findlay
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverRX8 View Post
Hopefully the shaft is stouter than what's on the blue motor. I became a victim of the sheared shaft before I ever got to fly. I was doing taxi runs in the driveway when it ran off into the grass. It took a very minor bump and bent the shaft. I broke the shaft trying to straighten it. I've ordered the same power setup that simplefly used (thanks for the info!) so I'll be grounded for a while yet.

I'd like some more weight and CG location datapoints if you get around to it...
I got mine about 3 weeks ago it has a red motor and 40 amp esc and the red motor has the same weak shaft I found out the hard way lol.
v_dub1968 is offline Find More Posts by v_dub1968
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,257 Posts
For those who have broke the motor shafts - if it is a clean break and the shaft isn't bent you could possibly put a collet style prop adapter on it. These style prop adapters are much more robust and easier to adapt a range of different props from my experience. They usually only cost a few bucks, so it may not hurt to try.

KMan
Old Apr 06, 2011, 11:19 PM
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
For those who have broke the motor shafts - if it is a clean break and the shaft isn't bent you could possibly put a collet style prop adapter on it. These style prop adapters are much more robust and easier to adapt a range of different props from my experience. They usually only cost a few bucks, so it may not hurt to try.

KMan
Thats what i did I cut all the threaded part off then put on a collet style prop adapter then bored my prop and spinner to 5mm and it worked awesome. Of course this is after i ordered a better motor but im sure I can use the other motor in something
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:10 AM
Terre Haute, IN
Joined Jan 2009
159 Posts
just finished my SR, changed to Deans plugs, ran up on the power meter with a fully charged 25c 2200 pack: posted 130 watts of power ! I'am afraid to fly this plane with that kind of power output. This is with the red motor and 30 amp esc.
tankbuster is offline Find More Posts by tankbuster
Last edited by tankbuster; Apr 09, 2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:10 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,638 Posts
I have experience with the red motor in another Dynam plane - it was very underpowered but would fly. I eventually put the red motor in this plane (SR22) and it was a little better but still way low on power. Gave this plane to a friend who is learning and didn't care if it was underpowered. This is a nice looking plane but only an OK flyer. Ground handling can be squirly and it's very difficult to get good landings - especially on hard surface.

The Dynam Cessna (Skytrainer) is actually a nicer flyer and I've enjoyed well over 100 flights on it. Still going strong - with that blue motor from the SR 22!

Hate to say this, but of the 6 Dynam planes I have had, the SR 22 was my least favorite. The other 5 are still in service and flown regularly.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Last edited by dbc; Apr 09, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:30 PM
Terre Haute, IN
Joined Jan 2009
159 Posts
Just maidened the SR, I put an E-flite park 480 1020 kv motor on it and a master airscrew 2 blade 10/6 prop and 25c 2200 battery, flew perfectly! Great power, flew at half throttle with authority. Great flying airplane slowed down without flaps really well and I greased the 2 landings , Great airplane!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:31 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbuster View Post
Just maidened the SR, I put an E-flite park 480 1020 kv motor on it and a master airscrew 2 blade 10/6 prop and 25c 2200 battery, flew perfectly! Great power, flew at half throttle with authority. Great flying airplane slowed down without flaps really well and I greased the 2 landings , Great airplane!
Good to hear you had some good flights! What kind of flight times did you get with that setup?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
Terre Haute, IN
Joined Jan 2009
159 Posts
[QUOTE=kman24;17932362]Good to hear you had some good flights! What kind of flight times did you get with that setup?[/QUOT

One 8 minute flight with mixed flying including 2 touch and gos. I never flew it with the stock red motor, 130 watts just seemed to weak to me for a plane of this size.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 08:39 PM
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
I have experience with the red motor in another Dynam plane - it was very underpowered but would fly. I eventually put the red motor in this plane (SR22) and it was a little better but still way low on power. Gave this plane to a friend who is learning and didn't care if it was underpowered. This is a nice looking plane but only an OK flyer. Ground handling can be squirly and it's very difficult to get good landings - especially on hard surface.

The Dynam Cessna (Skytrainer) is actually a nicer flyer and I've enjoyed well over 100 flights on it. Still going strong - with that blue motor from the SR 22!

Hate to say this, but of the 6 Dynam planes I have had, the SR 22 was my least favorite. The other 5 are still in service and flown regularly.
Well I hate To agree because I have flown my Dynam sr trainer and liked the way it flys but It rolled off my workbench today and broke both wings off and busted the cowl and the battery holder. My wife thought the dog got it LOL. Well one good thing I have a bunch of extra parts for another plane but its not going to be a sr trainer this time. It seemed like a sturdy plane but Im really shocked it looks like it went full speed into a tree or something.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:16 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_dub1968 View Post
Well I hate To agree because I have flown my Dynam sr trainer and liked the way it flys but It rolled off my workbench today and broke both wings off and busted the cowl and the battery holder. My wife thought the dog got it LOL. Well one good thing I have a bunch of extra parts for another plane but its not going to be a sr trainer this time. It seemed like a sturdy plane but Im really shocked it looks like it went full speed into a tree or something.
sorry to hear about your SR that's hard to believe that rolling off of your bench that it would destroy it. maybe the dog did get to it
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:24 PM
Joined May 2010
66 Posts
It was just really bad luck I believe one wing hit the floor and the other hit the bench then it kinda did a flip and broke the cowl also It was a real bummer. Oh well time for something different but now I just dont know what to get LOL. Wife says I have pleanty more to fly but I disagree
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:03 PM
simplefly
United States, IL, Glen Ellyn
Joined Sep 2010
222 Posts
Hi Guys,

I crashed my Sr. Ended up on the tree. So, I'm selling all parts:

Upgaded motor (Power Up 400 Sport Outrunner Brushless Motor)
Motor Adapter
ESC
Spinner
6 servos (it had flaps)
Receiver AR6100
Servo reverser for flaps
and what ever came with it.

If want these make me an offer, I can ship it.
Thanks
simplefly is online now Find More Posts by simplefly
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:28 AM
Brain/Thumb Interlock Off
Joined Mar 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefly View Post
Hi Guys,

I crashed my Sr. Ended up on the tree. So, I'm selling all parts:

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the crash. Between kitchen rennovations, broken prop shafts, and record spring winds in north Texas, I haven't had an opportunity to crash mine yet. I'm starting to sense the SR isn't too forgiving of damage "incidents"...
DriverRX8 is offline Find More Posts by DriverRX8
RCG Plus Member