SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:11 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,961 Posts
Beautiful, it looked absolutely real in the air.
davecee is online now Find More Posts by davecee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:52 AM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
641 Posts
Awesome Brandon! Can't wait to see it.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Nov 2005
28 Posts
Big cub

The cub looked great. very impressive in the air and on the ground. Brandon flew it well.
Hope to see several people at the field tomorrow.
Joey
bucknaked is offline Find More Posts by bucknaked
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,033 Posts
Here's a video I took of Brandon's Cub this past Saturday. Enjoy!

Bill Hempel 40% clipped wing Cub (3 min 2 sec)
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:02 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,961 Posts
Nice
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:53 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,033 Posts
I have a video of Jeff's Ziroli P-38 from Saturday as well. It's a little long and I had trouble finding a song that was as long as the video. I'm not quite sure if the song fits the video so I'm going to watch it again and I'll upload it to YouTube once it's complete.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:28 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,033 Posts
Jeff's P-38, as promised!

Ziroli P-38 Lightning (5 min 36 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
Tom Daniel
Greenville nc
Joined Dec 2006
80 Posts
What days do most of your guys do your flying? Been meaning to ride up there to take a visit.
tomd27858 is offline Find More Posts by tomd27858
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:54 PM
It's electric Boogie woogie
USA, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Sep 2007
453 Posts
Sunday afternoons are generally the busy day
bstussie is offline Find More Posts by bstussie
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:41 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,961 Posts
Saturday, Jan 5th. Sunny, high around 50, minimal wind. I'm going flying about 1:30. I've upped the cell count of the Eindekker to 6S 5000, and repropped to an 18/10. I'm going to test fly and I've got other props to experiment with. Anyone going to the field today?

Dave

Had to go to a 20/10 to get the neded amp draw.
Last edited by davecee; Jan 05, 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:34 PM
Blazing Star!
Joined Feb 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee View Post
Saturday, Jan 5th. Sunny, high around 50, minimal wind. I'm going flying about 1:30. I've upped the cell count of the Eindekker to 6S 5000, and repropped to an 18/10. I'm going to test fly and I've got other props to experiment with. Anyone going to the field today?

Dave
I sure hope you bring it back out there Sunday. There will be less wind that today, believe it or not, and it should be a few degrees warmer.

I'll be there about 11:30 or 12. I heard that Mike Then will be there, but he is bring that weird rotary wing crap....
GravyGoodness is offline Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:13 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,961 Posts
It was a nice afternoon. James and Greg were burning up the sky when I arrived. Wayne, Jimmy, Mark, and Roger (new member) showed up as the day progressed. The Eindekker flew great, 6S was the answer. Had to go to a 20/10 to get the needed amp draw. In prop testing I discoverd that my 5S packs are getting a little tired, not holding voltage well under load. Perhaps new 5S packs would have been enough, but I'm glad I went to 6S.
Now for the bad news. While unloading the wing of the Eindekker I noticed the covering wrinkle near the center of the wing. Further exam showed considerable flexing of the wing under pressure. I'll have to take off the covering and perhaps delve into the center box section of the wing to see what's up. The good news is that it didn't completely fail in flight. I hope to be at the field tomorrow, but the Eindekker won't.
It'd be nice to see a little more action in this thread. I'm going to make an effort to post more often and pass the word to others to do the same. This thread could be somewhat like the Fying Circus thread on Flying giants.

Dave
Last edited by davecee; Jan 05, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:10 PM
Blazing Star!
Joined Feb 2010
159 Posts
I would love to see more going on in here, but fact of the matter is that not too many of our fellow club mates are very computer savvy, much less frequent forums. I bet you could get AB and Jimmy in here. Winstead too, but I don't know how much more than that.
GravyGoodness is offline Find More Posts by GravyGoodness
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,961 Posts
Post it and they will come. Well, maybe not, but it doesn't hurt to talk it up. I didn't mean it'd be as popular as the FC thread, but perhaps could serve the same purpose. A place for members and others to discuss the hobby.
Dave
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:34 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,961 Posts
I've torn into the center section of the Eindekker's wing. The top center sheeting has a 3/4 inch slot spanning the center bays (hidden by the fuselage top section glued onto the wing) and the sheeting isn't glued to the center ribs at all. The bottom sheeting has two 3/4 inch holes in it. The left bottom spar was damaged by the making of these holes and the right top spar has a compression fracture. Apparently the builder added the wing wire post after construction and had to make access holes. All of this was of course not visible on an exterior inspection. I'm lucky I didn't lose the plane. It would have failed for sure eventualy. I'll double up on the top sheeting, and add shear webs to make a true box spar in place of what is now an I beam spar. I'll replace the bottom sheeting, add fiberglass reinforcement, recover the bottom af the wing and I should be good to go.
Dave
Last edited by davecee; Jan 06, 2013 at 11:13 AM.