HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Maccanaut, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:50 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Question
Power HD 3688HB Digital Servo 25g/2.8kg/.07sec - Anyone know the pulse rate?

Hi guys. I want to set up my spartan quark gyro on my 500 size heli. I'm using the Power HD 3688HB Digital Servo 25g/2.8kg/.07sec servo on the tail but i need to know the pulse rate. I cant seem to find the info anywhere. I've googled. I've contacted Hobbyking who refer me back to this forum. No one seems to know the pulse rate. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys.
Michael
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:04 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,402 Posts
Specs are here: http://www.chd.hk/boupload/DownLoad/...1092044294.pdf
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:52 PM
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Jan 2011
7 Posts
Quark is too good for this crappy servo, which should go directly to the garbage. Unless you have a cheap foamy to use it on. It is 1520us, but is
useless on heli anyway.
express315 is offline Find More Posts by express315
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:42 AM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
708 Posts
good servo

the specs on it look as good as the ds520
whats the problem with this servo that makes it garbage at
6v its actually .01 faster than the ds520

the resolution on it seems to be pretty good
satgod is offline Find More Posts by satgod
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:28 PM
LaCrosse, WI, 54601
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
I was running one of these on my 450 pro with a gy48v and it lasted about a month before it took a crap today. It just quit working out of nowhere?
nitronuisance is offline Find More Posts by nitronuisance
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2,169 Posts
what voltage were you running when the servo gave out? 5v or 6v?
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:06 PM
LaCrosse, WI, 54601
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
what voltage were you running when the servo gave out? 5v or 6v?
I was running it at 5v up until about a 2 weeks ago when I swapped out my hobbywing 30 amp esc for the align 35x esc which I believe has a 6v bec. So 6v when it took a dump but it says right on the box that they can run on 6v?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:14 PM
LaCrosse, WI, 54601
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronuisance View Post
I was running it at 5v up until about a 2 weeks ago when I swapped out my hobbywing 30 amp esc for the align 35x esc which I believe has a 6v bec. So 6v when it took a dump but it says right on the box that they can run on 6v?
About a week ago I had a tail blade grip bearing go out but I cought it right away so it was only running with a binding grip for a couple min maybe. That may have caused it to go prematurely but I think there was something up with that servo from the start because even when I had it plugged streight into the rx with no gyro it seemed like it was always twitching trying to center itself with no stick input? Not sure but I might try and send it in for exchange or repair. I am going to order a new one though also and keep this one for a back up. Not sure if I'll get another one of these or try a diff one though? anyone have any mini tail servo's for sale? I've heard the emax's are pretty good? Might try one of those or just spend the cash on a good name brand one?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,169 Posts
I have the emax clone o the futaba 9257. It seems like a nice servo but I was wondering if the hd was better. Initially mine was rated for 6v but after people ate em up they came out and said 5v only. I figured this hd may perform better on 5v.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:51 PM
LaCrosse, WI, 54601
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
I have the emax clone o the futaba 9257. It seems like a nice servo but I was wondering if the hd was better. Initially mine was rated for 6v but after people ate em up they came out and said 5v only. I figured this hd may perform better on 5v.
Yeah, I'm not sure? I am just a beginner so I was doing nothing but hovering so i guess I really wouldn't be the one to ask. Plus I have no experience with the emax. And after what happen to mine I would say to run 5v to be safe if you do try it even though I'm not sure that the 6v's is what caused mine to go or not? It seemed like only a couple times I actually had my tail holding solid with my detrum gy48v and then I'd change a motor or something and have to try to readjust. Ever since I switched to the align 35 amp esc and the align 430sp motor with 11t pinion I never got it running right? It seemed twitchy after the motor esc "upgrade" my headspeed seemed like it went down which is wierd cuz I went to a higher kv motor but then again I went from a 13t pinion with a 3500kv motor to a 3700kv and an 11t pinion? The day it crapped out I was messing with the throttle curve to get my headspeed back up. I was running a 95% throttle curve at like half stick and that's when it went? idk if it had anything to do with the curve? I'm slowly but surely learning I guess.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 04:55 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by express315 View Post
Quark is too good for this crappy servo, which should go directly to the garbage. Unless you have a cheap foamy to use it on. It is 1520us, but is
useless on heli anyway.
Garbage you say? It's perhaps overpriced, but it's not garbage. It's holding the tail of my CopterX 450 pro perfectly.

It's fast and it's reliable and it can take a beating. It's no garbage.

The pulse frequency I'm running it on is 1520us / 333hz if I recall correctly..
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Last edited by PHMX; Sep 09, 2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2011, 07:04 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2,169 Posts
i bought the powerhd servo and flew it about 15 flights with no problems. it jived with my Quark just fine. Then my LHS got some Futaba S9257 in so I put one of them in for peace of mind. The two servos look identical, but as many report, the P-HD one has gear mesh slop that is a little more than desired.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:10 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,097 Posts
Quote:
i bought the powerhd servo and flew it about 15 flights with no problems. it jived with my Quark just fine. Then my LHS got some Futaba S9257 in so I put one of them in for peace of mind. The two servos look identical, but as many report, the P-HD one has gear mesh slop that is a little more than desired.
Yeah,true. My Power-Hd just died today. Only turned one way and far beyond its physical limit and jammed. Never got it to react correctly anymore, so I took it out of my heli. Got a Fusonic S9257 now, but its expected lifespan is nowhere near the Futaba one. We'll see. Liked the Power-Hd though, very smooth (coreless). To bad it broke.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:31 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronuisance View Post
I was running one of these on my 450 pro with a gy48v and it lasted about a month before it took a crap today. It just quit working out of nowhere?
I needed this as a replacement for the align stock tail servo that crapped out on me. The HD one is working fantastically.
I guess theres good and bad ones in all brands etc.
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut