HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:20 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
Question
Need a charger for my nitro heli batteries

hey guys, i have a new raptor 30 v2 with a 4.8V 1200Nimh battery onboard, and the stock battery charger charges both rx and tx at the same time, and takes about 10-15 hours to fully charge. Im looking for a battery charger for both remote battery and on board battery. I know you get what you pay for, but at the moment i cant afford a charger thats 100 bucks. Please let me know what are decent fast chargers for my setup, thanks
sonicboom24 is offline Find More Posts by sonicboom24
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:12 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,307 Posts
AC6 and similar are only 50$ so thats not 100$ Plenty of decent multi-chemestry chargers out there for 50$ and under.

As far a decent FAST chargers is concerned, FAST charging TX AA cell or pack and RX AA cells or PACK is not the bext way to go about it.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:13 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Quote:
I know you get what you pay for, but at the moment i cant afford a charger thats 100 bucks
Then wait until you can.

Quote:
i have a new raptor 30 v2 with a 4.8V 1200Nimh battery onboard,
Cost a few bills and if receiver battery craps out then hope you can afford to rebuild as evm an auto is not possible.

Really I get so amused at all of the post by one's looking for the least expencive chargers and or batteries.

Ever hear the one about a chain only being as strong as its' weakest link.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:25 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
thanks for the info
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:33 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
please do me a favor, recommend me a good charger then

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Then wait until you can.

Cost a few bills and if receiver battery craps out then hope you can afford to rebuild as evm an auto is not possible.

Really I get so amused at all of the post by one's looking for the least expencive chargers and or batteries.

Ever hear the one about a chain only being as strong as its' weakest link.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:43 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboyr6 View Post
hey guys, i have a new raptor 30 v2 with a 4.8V 1200Nimh battery onboard, and the stock battery charger charges both rx and tx at the same time, and takes about 10-15 hours to fully charge. Im looking for a battery charger for both remote battery and on board battery. I know you get what you pay for, but at the moment i cant afford a charger thats 100 bucks. Please let me know what are decent fast chargers for my setup, thanks
Get this here: at tower hobbies for 44.75 it will be your best bet.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTS1000p?&C=P

Scroll down near bottom of page for it.
LS0150 DuraTrax Onyx 230 AC/DC Advanced Charger w/LCD (Slightly Used / No Damage)
works fine
Also available New and Unused 79.99 44.75
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:47 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
im looking at it right now, will this do everything i need? i was looking at the ac6 and it says that its a dis charger and balances also
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:51 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
im looking at it right now, will this do everything i need? i was looking at the ac6 and it says that its a dis charger and balances also
You will need a external balencer for the onyx 230 but that's for lipos only ...if you are not going to get into lipo you can save some $ get the onyx 210 or 240 they have a reciever battery charging port built right on the charger!

If going to do lipos and stuff and for ease to use try the superbrain 992 palm charger it works good for all types of batteries.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:54 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
they have a 240 on clearance also, for 41 bucks, All i want to do is make sure both my tx and my rx batteries are charged properly and somewhat charge faster than the charger it came with. they are both NiMH batteries
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:58 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
they have a 240 on clearance also, for 41 bucks, All i want to do is make sure both my tx and my rx batteries are charged properly and somewhat faster than the charger it came with. they are both NiMH batteries
The 240 will work fine you select the amps needed for your pack and press start the reciever packs i would charge at 800MA may take like a hour and a half. you could go to the 1.5amp setting but it will be harder on your packs... If you get the 230 or the super brain palm you can set the amps to any setting you wish ...this is what makes them a more compleate and better charger..... but if you don't know to much get the 240 set the amps to 800MA and that's it.
And you can charge 2 packs at once!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:00 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
thank you very much, thats what i'll do. Do i need special connections? or will it come with it? or do i have to solder it?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:04 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
please do me a favor, recommend me a good charger then

http://www.hobbico.com/cyclers/hcap0280.html
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 30, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:04 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,445 Posts
Quote:
thank you very much, thats what i'll do. Do i need special connections? or will it come with it? or do i have to solder it?
Hi do your reciever packs have the futaba type plugs on there ends?
look close at the onyx 240 it has 2 slots in the front that you push the plug right into and charge...
they also sell adapters
Connect 4, 5, even 8 cell NiCd or NiMH radio batteries with universal connectors directly to handy charge jacks on front. Great for nitro racers! Adapters also available for connecting to transmitter charge jacks.

GPMM3100-Futaba®
GPMM3101-Hitec®/Airtronics®
GPMM3102-JR® or Spektrum®

SEE HERE:http://duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4240.html
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:07 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
gotcha, i understand now. thanks again!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:32 PM