HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:11 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
Guys, this thread is STICKY... leaving this to open another new/similar thread may not be great in terms of visibility... Also the problem is/was lack of participation...it needed just some momentum...

We could have added those categories to this thread as well !

Nonetheless, Happy Flying to all
The above were my 2 cents...
Why I do agree to a certain extent, I think the new thread will help to gain momentum with the newly added categories, revised rules and the "Hall of Fame".

It would be too difficult to update this thread, as the updates will be lost on page 97. By creating the new fresh thread everybody will be on the same page, so to speak.

PS: I have now made the new thread "sticky" too

MFG,
Wil
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:33 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
New Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge Thread

After months of inactivity on the Un-Official Micro-Flyers Video Challenge thread, I think the time has come to create a new challenge thread, including revised rules, more challenge categories, and fresh new concepts. So I have created the new Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge thread to cater for all of the micro flying audience by adding 5 new challenge categories.

All of the challenge categories are as follows:
  • Helis (IN BLUE)
  • Helis 3D (IN LIGHT BLUE)
  • Quads (IN GREEN)
  • Quads 3D (IN DARK GREEN)
  • Planes (IN RED)
  • Planes 3D (IN ORANGE)
  • FPV also including the use of "key chain cams" and other micro recording devices (IN PURPLE)

Additionally I have added a Hall of Fame where you can compete to get your name on the podium in your respective flying class for the ultimate bragging rights.

Please abandon this sinking ship, and board the fresh new life raft which is the:

Last edited by valiantGLX; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:42 AM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Mar 2010
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Why I do agree to a certain extent, I think the new thread will help to gain momentum with the newly added categories, revised rules and the "Hall of Fame".

It would be too difficult to update this thread, as the updates will be lost on page 97. By creating the new fresh thread everybody will be on the same page, so to speak.

PS: I have now made the new thread "sticky" too

MFG,
Wil
Have you even tried contacting N925WB ?
He is the moderator/Op of this thread. He may help you post your suggestions fro new/updated categories rules on Page1 of this thread!

For your information, your new thread is NOT "sticky "

I mean no offense to you, this is a community forum and I am sharing my thoughts about the thread that others & I read and enjoy.
IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
Have you even tried contacting N925WB ?
He is the moderator/Op of this thread. He may help you post your suggestions fro new/updated categories rules on Page1 of this thread!

For your information, your new thread is NOT "sticky "

I mean no offense to you, this is a community forum and I am sharing my thoughts about the thread that others & I read and enjoy.
Sure looks sticky to me

And its not like the idea is over, yourself and others will still be able to read the challenge exploits, just in another thread!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Sure looks sticky to me
That's only how it appears to you, valiantGLX. Your blog posting only shows up in other people's "My RCGroups" if they have subscribed to it. A thread that is "sticky" is one that always shows up at the top of a particular forum. This thread is "sticky" in the "Micro RTF" forum. Look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/micro-rtf-420/

this thread is always at the top regardless of when it was updated unlike the other threads below.

Here's what you can do, valiantGLX. As your blog gains in posts, you can always come back to this thread and post a "summary" of the winners. Kind of a "teaser" news story if you will. You could also post a "best of" or something post here as well while the actual action goes on in your blog. That's just one model of operation and there are plenty of others. As you say, the purpose is to get people back interested in doing this and who cares HOW that happens so long as it does, right? Looking forward to seeing some more fun flying videos.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts

OK, the new thread is good and proper sticky now

And if you choose to stay here you're going to be missing out on the action. In the first day we already have 3 videos posted, with 2 people up on the podiums in the Hall of Fame