HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:23 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
I get to that one every year Im not deployed! Its one of the ones my wife and I really enjoy. My buddies, Bo and Dave from Birmingham usually come up too. We stay in some pretty nice rooms just up the road on Arnold Air Force Base. We'll see ya at SEFF and Tullahoma brother!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:30 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,439 Posts
Yeah, Bo didn't make it this year. Haven't seen him since SEFF. With all the regular SEFF-ers attending Tullahoma, it's kinda like a SEFF-North, eh? Ernie, Ric, Rockwell, Barry, Brian, me, Craig (cmala)...there's a bunch of SEFF-ers there.

Tullahoma is such an excellent flying site too...just plain fun.

Andy
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2010, 11:06 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, yeah, like a "baby SEFF" for some of us. I'll see you guys at SEFF if all goes as it should. Right now, my bank account is hurting. That should be fixed soon though and by April all should be right with the world again.

Laine.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:00 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,105 Posts
Can't wait to see you again at SEFF 2011. You better plan on bringing "something" for Joel to work on, he seemed a little lost last year.
McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:59 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Im sure I can come up with something for us to do! I have a lot of ideas, but I wont have a lot of time before SEFF. Maybe we can BS and fly this year!

Laine.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:17 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Keep on chugging, my life was saved many years ago by a 'dust off'.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Dec 06, 2010, 05:33 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,523 Posts
Keep your head down, Laine. I'm an ex-AF Tech Sergeant. Little over 13 years. Mostly I was an office weeny. Some of the heavy choppers from Campbell fly over my house on a pretty regular basis here in Sturgis KY. They're pretty noisy but there's no way I could complain. I'm proud to have been just a little part of our military people. Actually, I still miss it after more than 30 years. Thanks a million and I hope your Christmas is safe. Thank God I only spent 3 Christmases away from home.

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Dec 07, 2010, 04:23 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
698 Posts
Laine,
Hope you had a good leave break?
Being on the receiving end assisting to load choppers fairly regularly I see your work but mostly from the TF from TK. I applaud you and all those others. I know of my boys appreciate knowing in 15 minutes your flying over head to take them out if all goes pear shaped..
I am getting into the routing over here and finding my groove. Still plenty of months before I head home also.
Unlike you I still have 4 years to go before I can go anywhere near retirement bloody hell what was I thinking of signing on for another 5 years, ow thats right more money.

I hope to get a small RC plane in the post one day as I am about to order one from Hobby King. Just don't know what to get at the moment.

Keep on slogging on. If your ever out Hadrian way drop in.

Cheers Shane
shanesmadhouse is online now Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:30 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,851 Posts
Good to hear you're coming home soon, Laine. As I have said many times before, thank you very much for what you do. I hope to meet you in person one day so I can shake your hand, thank you personally, fly an airplane or two together, and buy you a beer.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:14 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thank you Mike. I hope we run into eachother too. Its always good to meet the fellas from here.

Laine.