HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Kholder116, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:09 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Dec 2004
229 Posts
Discussion
Scale Rigid Hull Inflatable Coast Guard rc Boat

This is my GI Joe Scale Coast Guard Rescue boat
Kholder116 is offline Find More Posts by Kholder116
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Kholder116; Dec 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:18 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
That is really nice! The twin out-drives look sweet! It looks like they are set up to be rudders? Also what is the black material? It looks like foam, but I could be wrong.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Dec 04, 2010, 11:28 PM
Joined Dec 2004
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
That is really nice! The twin out-drives look sweet! It looks like they are set up to be rudders? Also what is the black material? It looks like foam, but I could be wrong.

HT
Hey there,HawkerTyphoon.... you r right.The twin rudders are really set up to look like, inboard/out board motors, but once in the the water really become the rudders. They made about 14yrs ago by this company down in Fla (can't recall the name).. A really good idea for scale setups. The black material is the same as those swim things you put under your arms in a pool, they are painted black and adhered to the side of the hull. The boat is about 5ft long, the drive system is a Fine Design reduction geared system turning a 2 1/2 in prop. it is geared to run on any where from 3, to 6 cells...and it moves....thanks for looking.. This boat hull was designed by Dorrian of Bandit Boats. That company was located in Vancouver B.C. and Dorrian managed to design some really neat hull, all of which bears his signature inside. This was called the Wave Walker and originally had been featured as a gas powered model in an old issue of Boat Modeler Magazine. Dorrian, I believe also worked with the great Ron Burchett, a phenomenal designer of boat hulls also located in B.C. I think that Dorrian used to do some of the glass work on his hulls.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Kholder116; Jul 01, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 11:39 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholder116 View Post
Hey there,HawkerTyphoon.... you r right.The twin rudders are really set up to look like, inboard/out board motors, but once in the the water really become the rudders. They made about 14yrs ago by this company down in Fla (can't recall the name).. A really good idea for scale setups. The black material is the same as those swim things you put under your arms in a pool, they are painted black and adhered to the side of the hull. The boat is about 5ft long, the drive system is a Fine Design reduction geared system turning a 2 1/2 in prop. it is geared to run on any where from 3, to 6 cells...and it moves....thanks for looking..
Yeah, no problem , I always like seeing and finding new things. The sheer creativity of modeling is intriguing to me. Before now I never would of thought of using some dummy out drives for rudders. You are always learning of new ways to do stuff,

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,687 Posts
I have to second HawkerTyphoon's comments on your RIB model. That's a very neat and clever build.
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
Joined Dec 2004
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56 View Post
I have to second HawkerTyphoon's comments on your RIB model. That's a very neat and clever build.
thanks DT 56!!
RCG Plus Member