SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:39 AM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
Discussion
Inland Empire- CA DLG Happenings

Well, nothing's happening really. I think it's only me and Paul A. who fly DLG here in the IE.

I flew this afternoon...

Jun C.
jcats is offline Find More Posts by jcats
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:27 AM
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Joined Mar 2008
1,756 Posts
You 2 just happen to be the best in the country. Would I fly better if I move over there? Where do you fly?

Tai
tai626 is offline Find More Posts by tai626
Old Nov 28, 2010, 02:29 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,131 Posts
I would like to visit the IE one of these days and fly with you guys...
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:54 AM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
North Tustin, CA
Joined Oct 2008
1,815 Posts
Just out of curiosity - who is the Inland Emperor?
MattN is online now Find More Posts by MattN
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:59 AM
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Joined Mar 2008
1,756 Posts
We know the king...

Tai
tai626 is offline Find More Posts by tai626
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:33 AM
Come out swinging
San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
2,661 Posts
I flew in Rolando...

Sean
sporter is offline Find More Posts by sporter
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
Launch high. Fly low.
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
Tai,
I usually fly next to Lake Elsinore Storms Stadium. Exit Diamond Drive off the 15.
I also have two other places to fly at closer to my house.

Mike M,
Anytime, buddy.

Jun C.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:19 PM
Tom Knudtson
Redlands, CA
Joined Aug 2004
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN View Post
Just out of curiosity - who is the Inland Emperor?
The IE is just most of SoCal without those high density cities (LA, SD, etc, etc) where there is hardly any room to fly DLG. And AZ is just down the road (I10).

Tom
TomK is online now Find More Posts by TomK
Old Nov 28, 2010, 02:24 PM
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Jan 2008
592 Posts
I flew in San Marcos yesterday.
danfitz is offline Find More Posts by danfitz
Old Nov 28, 2010, 02:40 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Nov 2006
305 Posts
Inland Empire / Inland Soaring Society ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
Well, nothing's happening really. I think it's only me and Paul A. who fly DLG here in the IE.

I flew this afternoon...

Jun C.
Is this club associated with or a remnant of the Inland Soaring Society club from the 80's?
They were based in Riverside CA back then and held the old ISS RCHLG contest series. Probably the largest West coast HLG contest of the era. The one I attended in 1988 was at the University Middle School athletic field.

Craig
C Robinson is offline Find More Posts by C Robinson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG Fuselage Mold - Part 1
Old Nov 28, 2010, 04:19 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
Craig,
There's no club in Elsinore. It is such a shame since it used to be a soaring place to be way back when... So I heard.
The ISS soaring club in Riverside is alive and well but they mainly do the bigger gliders and electrics. I've always been meaning to join that club... Sounds like a good time to do it now. Lol.

Jun C.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 01:20 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,086 Posts
Quote:
Craig,
There's no club in Elsinore. It is such a shame since it used to be a soaring place to be way back when... So I heard.
The ISS soaring club in Riverside is alive and well but they mainly do the bigger gliders and electrics. I've always been meaning to join that club... Sounds like a good time to do it now. Lol.

Jun C.
the ISS is a great club! they have some great pilots but like you said, they pretty much fly TD. you really should get an unlimited ship. its what i do when there are no DLG contests.
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:31 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,233 Posts
ISS and DLG's

Quote:
Craig,
There's no club in Elsinore. It is such a shame since it used to be a soaring place to be way back when... So I heard. The ISS soaring club in Riverside is alive and well but they mainly do the bigger gliders and electrics. I've always been meaning to join that club... Sounds like a good time to do it now. Lol.

Jun C.
Hi Jun.

Your right about the larger winch launched gliders and electrics, that is a majority of the flying. BUT.....

There has been a bunch of 1M dlg's showing up each weekend at the ISS Citrus Park flying site and with the SC2 season over i would imagine more 'fun' flying of DLG will start happening. I think i am the lone hold out flying a woody Gambler as most of the guys are flying either the TopSky2 or mini-TopSky (1m) with a few Blasters,etc.

ISS is a ways from Elsinore but if there gets to be more attendance down that way i wouldn't mind driving down there to fly DLG's from my house on the western edge of Riverside. Fortunately DLG can be flown anywhere (with no equipment baggage) which i beleive it is becoming more and more popular.

Funny story - I was driving to the ISS site and i saw this sailplane launch from a distance on the road before arriving. I thought the model was flyingoff the winch. I was wrong about that, i believe it was Jun launching his DLG way above the tall eucalipytis tree line !!! . My apologies to you if it wasn't you -Jun- but another person, as best i remember you were meeting Bob B. to pick up something.

john s
jswain is online now Find More Posts by jswain
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:51 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
John,

I'm glad that there's more and more handlaunching going there. I need to fill out the ISS application soon so I can fly there more. I really like that field next to the oranges. LOL.
Yeah, I was there to pick up a new plane from Bob that one time...

Jun C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswain View Post
Hi Jun.

Your right about the larger winch launched gliders and electrics, that is a majority of the flying. BUT.....

There has been a bunch of 1M dlg's showing up each weekend at the ISS Citrus Park flying site and with the SC2 season over i would imagine more 'fun' flying of DLG will start happening. I think i am the lone hold out flying a woody Gambler as most of the guys are flying either the TopSky2 or mini-TopSky (1m) with a few Blasters,etc.

ISS is a ways from Elsinore but if there gets to be more attendance down that way i wouldn't mind driving down there to fly DLG's from my house on the western edge of Riverside. Fortunately DLG can be flown anywhere (with no equipment baggage) which i beleive it is becoming more and more popular.

Funny story - I was driving to the ISS site and i saw this sailplane launch from a distance on the road before arriving. I thought the model was flyingoff the winch. I was wrong about that, i believe it was Jun launching his DLG way above the tall eucalipytis tree line !!! . My apologies to you if it wasn't you -Jun- but another person, as best i remember you were meeting Bob B. to pick up something.

john s