Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jimsky, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
Trying to defy gravity...
USA, NY, East Northport
Joined Dec 2003
2,896 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
For Sale
AP Setup-Nikon 3700, Camera Mount, Shutter Servo & Shutterbug Controller

I’m upgrading my trusty AP Slow Stick so the old camera setup is for sale.

Nikon CoolPix 3700 camera, I’m the original own and it’s in very good condition. Complete with charger, two batteries, manual, quick start guide and USB cable.

Custom made aluminum camera mount, I side mounted this under the Slow Stick wing at the CG point. For photography I prefer side mounting, I can laterally “fly past” a subject keeping the distance from the target constant snapping away to get a good framing. Front mounted is great for video but I find it more difficult for still photography.

Placing the camera under the wing at the CG point shields the lens from glare and doesn’t upset the planes balance. You can adjust the tilt angle easily with this camera mount. The Coroplast on the bottom I added to attach my FMA CoPilot IR Sensor, the location worked well.

The Hitec HS-55 shutter servo is controlled by the Mr. RC-Cam Shutterbug controller; it provides a “half press” for focus/exposure lock and then a full press to snap the picture. This setup has worked great; the Nikon 3700 is still considered an excellent AP camera and coupled with the Shutterbug you get great results, see attached sample photos.

If you want to get into AP this is a quick and simple way: mount it up (two screws), setup the ShutterBug (instructions provided) and go fly.

$75 shipped CONUSA, PayPal only.

Jimsky
jimsky is offline Find More Posts by jimsky
Last edited by jimsky; Nov 29, 2010 at 06:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:50 AM
USA, NY, East Northport
Joined Dec 2003
2,896 Posts
Trader Rating: 129
Price drop!

Jimsky
jimsky is offline Find More Posts by jimsky
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:00 PM