HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:08 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Question
tutorial how to winding the motors

Hi!
i want to start to winding my self some brushless and i d'ont know how to winding ,what is the best way etc...is some link to read about it!???
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:31 AM
Frequent Flyer
Orleans, MA
Joined Feb 2007
2,065 Posts
Try this site:
http://www.gobrushless.com/store/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi

They have basic kits and tutorials. Look under the "Tools" section.
whitecrest is offline Find More Posts by whitecrest
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:50 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,207 Posts
+1 on gobrushless. You will need wire anyway and they are a good site for info. Easier to start with an ABC wind than a dLRK. If you don't know what that means start with a simple gobrushless kit.
flydiver is online now Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:10 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,806 Posts
Reading through the GB Knowledge Base is a great way to get a grip on the fundamentals. It will probably seem a little bewildering at first but that is normal I think.

Here is a link to the instructions for winding a motor that used to be available as a kit, the Komodo KH-247. It had a 12 arm stators and could be wound with 14 magnets and that is a common configuration for motors now. It will show you the parts and process pretty clearly.

http://www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk/...o/KH-257-2.pdf

When you get to the point where you have a motor in hand and are ready to rewind it, search this forum for that motor's model name and you may find some good info for the wind. Or post the make and model info here and someone can give links for some of the tutorials for various motor rewinds that are already here.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:09 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
thanks all! yes ,first i will buy from micron uk one komodo kit,because i am allready his client !!!
regards
Last edited by nadine; Nov 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:13 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrest View Post
Try this site:
http://www.gobrushless.com/store/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi

They have basic kits and tutorials. Look under the "Tools" section.
wow...
thanks verry interested,it's what i looking for!!!
regards
Old Nov 28, 2010, 07:26 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
thanks all! yes ,first i will buy from micron uk one komodo kit,because i am allready his client !!!
regards
I thought I had heard that those were not available any more. That does look like a nice way to get started though. If you can find any of the CD-ROM style motors like the Tower Pro 24xx they are good motors to start with. Some will have 9 arm stators and some will have 12 arm stators, the number of magnets will vary from one to the other, but all of them are good candidates for getting started.

If you know any fliers that have motors that are broken or burned out maybe you can get one of those to start with.

Good luck with it!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes