HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Same , ive been fast with my Stryker but got bored really quickly , short flights and loud high pitched screaming just dont do it for me lol , acrobatic and relatively slow is what im interested in now.
Ok so is this going to develope into how slow can you go lol.

Been thinking of using one of these, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...nner_10g_.html with a 6a esc on 2s 350mah.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:03 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
My next one's gonna use the stock take-off powertrain from a SkyFun.
I think it should be a nice setup. A bit slow...
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:36 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
My next one's gonna use the stock take-off powertrain from a SkyFun.
I think it should be a nice setup. A bit slow...
Funny I have been looking at the stock power train from the radjet800 with the same idea lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpette View Post
I tried to get more speed using a 4,75x 5,5 prop and again I got less less speed than with the 4,75x4,75 .
All I could get was 198 and 199 km/h !! Frustrating not to see the 2 as first digit !!

Still , what a blast !!

Morris

I am afraid your battery is the weak link in your setup . Your nano-tech so called 45C isn't good for more than 25 C . You"ll need a larger one if you are planning to go really fast .
Will be interesting to see if a cavitating small prop can be efficient . Don't have a clue and this is why I am waiting eagarly to see results you guys get out of thoses so high kV motors .

For the first time I crashed during launch . That is because I had only half throttle on 4 cells and plane rolled on the right with no damages hiting soft snow .
I love snow guys !!!
It could be that lot's of crashes are dues to a lack of power at launch .

Better launch with too much power than not enough .

To get the best out of prop - needs RPM ... have you tacho'd the props ? I have an optical tacho and I've found that on the small - medium motors going up in prop can be less RPM as the load overcomes the motor capability.
My big Heli motor has the power to drive the higher pitch prop.

This is the limiter as we go up ............ so many will have to find the best combo - but with small motors - speed will still be in the 1xx range. To get over the 2xx mark - needs serious power.
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:10 AM
Finlande
Joined Dec 2007
422 Posts
No tacho at hand but obviously the 4,75x 5,5 overloads my brave 71g motor.

I would need a big step up in power to increase my speed .

I have a Turnigy 28-36-3200 that could do it but I can't mount it .

I would need a new Parkjet and the motor mounted high like most of you are doing . But if then I can't launch it anymore, what's the benefit ?

I would need one of thoses :

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ner_Motor.html

That would bolt straight on my mount and even if the KV isn't that high, it should hold on fine on 4 cells till 900 W . That should push much faster but it would require a 4S-1800-40C and that could be difficult to fit .
Jpette is offline Find More Posts by Jpette
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:09 AM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
Quote:

I am afraid your battery is the weak link in your setup . Your nano-tech so called 45C isn't good for more than 25 C . You"ll need a larger one if you are planning to go really fast .
Jpette,

Do you have the exact same 1300 45c nanotech? I would really like to know some info from you/someone that has this exact battery and tested it to not get over 25c. Who sells a 45c 1300-1500 that does the job?
morris.hans is offline Find More Posts by morris.hans
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
Finlande
Joined Dec 2007
422 Posts
I bought two 4S nano-tech 45C at the same time : One 1300 and one 1000 .

They have both the exact same number of cycles (between 25 and 35) and were both used in exact sames applications at around 30A .

The 1000 mah battery that was giving 30C of it's capacity always came back warm. It is now puffing a bit and doesn't hold the voltage anymore .

I have a Turnigy 4S-1000-30C one year older that pushes 10 km/h faster my Parket than this almost new nano-tech battery .

The 1300 that was always used at about 25C was hardly ever any warm. It is still giving a very good power but I read on an other thread one guy that was pulling 40A out of them ( about 30C) had two batteries dying after 30 cycles .

My conclusion is that thosesnano-tech are solid 25C but if you push them any harder, they won't even reach 50 cycles .
Jpette is offline Find More Posts by Jpette
Last edited by Jpette; Apr 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,408 Posts
I've got some Turnigy brand and Rhino brand batteries that got puffy after not a lot of cycles. They always came down pretty warm. My Nanos are doing much better. Sometimes I think they just randomly label the c ratings on these things lol.
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
hmm, thats weird jpette. My nano 1300 4s 25c puts out more than your nano 45c, im sure that there is lack of quality control with the batteries.

I have a modified 3d bixler that i only run a nano 1300 4s 25c in and it pulls 38amps on a 40a esc, esc comes down hot, battery doesent even break a sweat, (50+hard flights) but i bench logged & charged it several times before flight to get exact safe flight duration,,,,anyone interested in seeing that modded 3d bix fly let me know haha.

for anyone needing a headstart in lipos: http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
3d Bix vid please!
Might as well post specs while you're at it.

I'm sure everyone over here would love it too:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...31310&page=959

Thanks!
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
331 Posts
haha, ok, i will take a fresh video today and post it in the bixler thread, i will also include the battery notes from the 4s 1300mah 25c which will make our last 2 post relevant haha.....standby for a few hours as im still work
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:14 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,334 Posts
Quote:
No tacho at hand but obviously the 4,75x 5,5 overloads my brave 71g motor.

I would need a big step up in power to increase my speed .

I have a Turnigy 28-36-3200 that could do it but I can't mount it .

I would need a new Parkjet and the motor mounted high like most of you are doing . But if then I can't launch it anymore, what's the benefit ?.............
You do as everyone else !! Build a launcher - then forget all the woes !!
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
DJO
Dreaming...
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,429 Posts
Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting this plane and running it on 2S for a slow parkflyer (soccer field). Would this be a good idea for a parkflyer, and does 2S power it enough?
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Penguin FPV!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
columbia, sc
Joined Jan 2007
315 Posts
bit the bullet and joined the "hobby king sucka club"....couldn't resist getting two Flycats and this little gem for less than one hundred dollars. after a one month transoceanic journey the giant box finally found my house and left me with enough "fun quotient" material for a month. I'm powering mine with a Grayson Hobbies V3 parkjet speed 400 motor...2200KV, Feiago 30a ESC and a smattering of 3s 1300 packs I have laying around. still have not tried to maiden it, wind has been fierce here in the midlands of SC and work has been getting in the way. I fully expect to wad it by Friday. I've read most of the thread and have all the pointers for launch but wish I had discovered this thread before I assembled it, I would have done away with the tower mount.....I still may resort to remounting the motor. I'm thinking with a 4x4 I shouldn't encounter too much torque roll problem, just may take a healthy toss to gain airspeed. fingers crossed......
circletree is offline Find More Posts by circletree
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
78 Posts
circletree,if it flys like mine does with the 2200kv,you'll be very happy . it won't be extreem speed,but it does offer the rush of a pusherjet. i have a 5x5 prop on mine and everything came down cool after a 4 min flight. the battery was hand warm . not wot all the time but enough to have kids watching instead of warming up for baseball practice. i fly it in a preaty good size highschool field. but when any kids show up it no go for flying. i also don't have the open space to accomidate low pass speed runs.i keep it above the tall field spotlights.

as far as speed goes..........i set the bungee hook in pkj2 and the funjet last night,just have to take them to my club field and set up the radar gun on a tripod . hopefully this weekend the winds will allow flying. 25mph gusts don't cut it for wanting to do speed runs. solentlife,i hope to at least get the 100 award at wattflyer....lol. but i really want to break the 138mph you clocked...just a matter of time my friend...just a mater of time

pictures of the highschool field and my clubs field which has around 90acers of open air space to fly. thats where i'll get my level runs without using diving to gain speed.
tobydogs is offline Find More Posts by tobydogs