Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I am in the US, I am in Ohio?
i just ordered the 3000kv, i dont know what the problem was the other day, but i tried twice to order one. im sure it was my fault, something i was doing wrong. cant wait to get the motor, it looks like a perfect fit for this little bird. i bet it will have this parkjet screamming. that type of motor is hard to find, most motors mount on the shaft side. thanks
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:23 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,972 Posts
I see the order you just placed, it will go out Monday. I have been doing upgrades on the website shopping cart system for several days and there were some bugs that may have been the issue. I get the motor with the shaft reversed so they are easy to mount and fly on pusher models.
Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
78 Posts
don,your web site looks good.

just a quick question. you flew a 3000kv on 4cell and radared it at 139-140mph using a 4.1x4.1 prop and a 4cell.the video was short but sweet of it screaming by like a blur. i read your warning using a larger prop will likely burnout the motor....but for a wot run at a radar gun using a 4.5x4.5 prop ,duration of 2 or 3 seconds. have you personally tried it for kicks. and if not ,how much more speed might i get from this setup on the pkj. looks like i'll be doing the pkj#2 run sooner than i thought....the launcher worked fantasticand the hook location is confirmed by todays flights.

hooks will be installed on pkj#2 and the funjet sunday,truth is the 15-20mph winds with gusts to 30 are all thats keeping me from stalling workon the pkjs to fly other planes. i had the wicked jr on pkj 1 and it stopped working after a hard hit into terrafirma
tobydogs is offline Find More Posts by tobydogs
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:18 AM
Finlande
Joined Dec 2007
422 Posts
gchris

Will be interesting to see the performances you get out of that Don's .
You"ll need a large battery to cope with the load .
Battery will make the difference and my recorded speeds on 4 cells vary from
170 km/h with a loosy ( <50 cycles only) nano-tech 1000-45C to 202 km/h with the Turnigy 1600-30C .

Nano-tech so called 45C are max 30C batteries .

n-tech 4S-1300-45C : supposedly 58.5A continuous : 189 km/h
Turnigy 4S-1600-30C : Max of 48A continuous : 202k m/h

Turnigy or Rhino all the way !!!
Jpette is offline Find More Posts by Jpette
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:36 AM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
843 Posts
Even though the Flitetest video speaks of cheap shipping, i assumed that i would be able to use registered airmail, however this seems to not be the case? I only get the option of ems sing and air parcel. Can you get registered on this?

Cheers
Jim
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:28 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,335 Posts
Quote:
I maidened mine today on the small Wicked Jr motor (3200KV) radar gun was 85-90mph on a 3S 1320 lipo not too bad for such a small motor. I can see the speed potential in this airframe. Would be nice to have a lower profile canopy though.

Don
I wonder how much the canopy is part of the aerofoil design as it's not a usual bubble type. In my mind it creates a lifting foil fuselage as the F-16 etc.

Don ... what radar gun do you use ?
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:53 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Prospeed CR-1K

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:19 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I wonder how much the canopy is part of the aerofoil design as it's not a usual bubble type. In my mind it creates a lifting foil fuselage as the F-16 etc.

Just ask those who lost the canopy after launch how the parkjet's flew would give you a easy answer ?.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:32 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,972 Posts
Loosing the whole canopy assembly is not the same as reducing the height of the canopy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
78 Posts
hey gang,happy easter!

this is on topic with the canopy,of the 2 flights i had yesterday,the second was without the canopy do to the method i use to bolt it down broke off. the day before i was sanding all excess weight off the inside of the fuse and weakened the mount. i also have a solid Velcro strap to hold the battery on.and the battery ihas velcro on it and the fuse bottom.

the pkj flew equally as well without the canopy. I'm charging batteries now and may go to the ball field .it's easter and i drove by the field on the way home from church. it was empty as i figured it would be.

weather report.......

Today Hi: 65 F Sunny and breezy. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. more
Tonight Lo: 41 F Mostly clear in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 40. West winds 10 to 15 mph. more

so i may shoot the pkj up this evening since winds usually die down. it would be nice to succeed in getting a video. at least it's a restful easter with just my own family,so i plan on putting the hooks on pkj#2 and the funjet for bungee launching....then it's just a matter of setting up on the club field for some heart pumping,Adrenalin rush flying
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
78 Posts
oh yeah,pkj2 using dons wicked 3000kv on a 4cell1600mah fits snug and balances out pushed foreword. like solentlife has stated,the weight doesn't bother me with so much power...i'm just glad the bungee will do the launching.

i haven't tried these batteries before,so should be interesting how they perform.

i need every inch of space under the canopy to hold that battery and the v3 pitot.

i am so looking foreword to running up to the pkj2 with camera in hand to record the speed and should also have the radar gun set on the edge of the field for strafing run fly by's at wot.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:45 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Loosing the whole canopy assembly is not the same as reducing the height of the canopy.
Yes your right, it's the worse case scenario, if no canopy doesn't change the lifting surface canopy, then your reduced height will be perfect lol.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:14 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
don,your web site looks good.

just a quick question. you flew a 3000kv on 4cell and radared it at 139-140mph using a 4.1x4.1 prop and a 4cell.......................
?? Can't find any reference to this ??
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
78 Posts
nigel go to donsrc site,open the brushless motors where he only has 4 to choose from and open the one called "wicked 3000kv" scroll to the bottom and open the lynx video...i tried to post it but for some reason theselinks don't open on rcgroups forums.

Here is a photo of the Minibee model used in the flight tests.

Here is a link to a video of the Lynx on 3S with this motor. 100+mph.
.................................................. ....................................
Here is a video of a Lynx flown by "Tumbler" of RCG dopplered at 139.6mph on 4S! with the Wicked motor!!!
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Attached Files
i tried again...no go
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
78 Posts
i went to the field and set up for a down wind launch due to the setting sun being blinding on the side of the field i wanted to launch from....then i couldn't figure out how to set the format on the video camera...i tried every setting and the sun set behind me while i tried. the wind was maybe 5 to 10mph with some higher gusts

i p/u the tx,walked calmly over to the launcher...held slight up elevator,started the prop spinning to a high idle,step on the pedal. at the same moment advanced throttle slowly to around 3/4 even before the pkj left the bungee and the pkj rocketed off perfectly with no torque...just straight out and up and away theres a sound to the motor and bungee snap thats like a switch from off to on! i will never have anyone toss the pkj if i can use the launcher. I'm 3 for 3 good launches and absolutely love it.

now for the funny part,the pkj at 3/4 throttle got very small and became a shadow on both top and bottom...it didn't turn quick enough and got far enough away that i wasn't sure if it was coming or going.seriously,i saw it bank to the left and trusted my poor eye sight that she was coming back....it took awhile to confirm it was returning back to home plate {literally}. i flew 2 passes in a rather tight circle and knew the flight had to end after only 1 min....it felt like I'd flown 10. smooth landing,packed up returned home to have my wife format the camera. i am an inept at comp,cameras . car will remain loaded and will try again after work. i can only hope the field will be empty like it was today.