HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
Yes it's the Version 2. But for this plane, I made a mix to the elevator which is activated by the gear switch to have an up reflex of about 3-5mm when launching. Then launch the plane with around 80% power. After launch, I switch back to normal elevator position.

Before, even with the stabilizer on, sometimes the parkjet torques on launch.
sonnydc is offline Find More Posts by sonnydc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:05 PM
Note to self, put on pants.
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Mar 2012
89 Posts
I saw someone on another plane had used a v2 but had a special mix where onced they used more than 50%ish aileron it switched the stabilizer off. and therefore auto turned back on when not using aileron. Interesting idea.
Jamie
Jayman72 is offline Find More Posts by Jayman72
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
That mix would be very nice to try for aerobatic maneuvers.

Btw, sorry if this is off-topic,I have posted a video of my recent Flyjet flight. It also has the Orange 3-axis stabilizer installed for your reference.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=724
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:27 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,920 Posts
sonny, you do like them fast don't you I think you need to buy the unpainted Sky Angel/Hobby King Rare Bear. Slap a 4S 1000 pack and 40 amp esc in her and see her go http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ith_Motor.html
Here's the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1371681&pp=100 at over 8900 posts in 2 years. The P-51's no slouch either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Gkk5FQEXjoc
Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:54 AM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
Actually, I'm leaning more towards pusher props and edf configurations. Lesser blade and motor/bent motor shaft replacements.

I have several mini-fms warbirds but none of the funfighters. I have a friend who have 3 of these funfighters namely the rarebear, the A1 and the AT-6 which he runs on 800mah 4S 45-90c nano-tech batteries. They are really fast! But now I mostly see him with his Skywalker doing fpv with the goggles and all the latest stuff.

Also, I love the sound created by these edf's and screaming pusher jets which the funfighter does not have.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:28 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydc View Post

Also, I love the sound created by these edf's and screaming pusher jets which the funfighter does not have.
That's an advantage for me. I can have a quickie over my local park with my 3S Sea Fury FF but I wouldn't fly the Parkjet. It's not as fast but sure does make a lot of noise.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:31 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydc View Post
........Also, I love the sound created by these edf's and screaming pusher jets which the funfighter does not have.
Funny that .... I also love the sound ... and it also makes Doppler easy to check the speed ...
My 50mm EDf with 5000kv in it ... the sound makes me tingle ... and when really singing - it has a whistle in the background.

The sound of my PKJ's ... especially the twin is just too sexy for words !!

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:52 PM
Note to self, put on pants.
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Mar 2012
89 Posts
Who follows this thread in anticipation of the twin Parkjet.
Hint Nigel.. PLEEEEASE
Jayman72 is offline Find More Posts by Jayman72
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:20 AM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Whatever the next airframe this thread tends toward, Lets call it the "Parjet" (spelling intentional)
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:41 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,253 Posts
YES!!! I'm eagerly waiting for the twin aswell
Was planning on starting PJ2 tonight,but had a terrible day yesterday.think I bent my Slick's shaft somehow and the bearing seem to be on their way out.and motor on SW 48" MXS seems to have tossed a magnet loose,so have to check all that 1st tonight.
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:27 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman72 View Post
Who follows this thread in anticipation of the twin Parkjet.
Hint Nigel.. PLEEEEASE
I got home on 5th Feb ... got call to depart BACK to Singapore ........ I only had 4 days home ... and it was raining / snowing / blowing .... so I'm really annoyed as I'd psyched myself up to go for it this time.

She's sitting there all ready to go ....

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:50 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,253 Posts
Ahhhh that sucks.sure your wife is not happy about that
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
Nigel, I saw the twin on the other forum. That's wicked!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:59 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,920 Posts
For anybody starting to get PJ withdrawal symptoms I thought I'd post a link to the KF thread. I happened to post a picture of my PJ as an illustration of a plane that wouldn't be easy to keep track of (Cameo top and light blue bottom) and Dave Reap converted the outline to a sketchup file
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5498. I'm sure he could be persuaded to draw a nice side,front and rear view for us - just ask.
Andy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:34 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
For anybody starting to get PJ withdrawal symptoms I thought I'd post a link to the KF thread. I happened to post a picture of my PJ as an illustration of a plane that wouldn't be easy to keep track of (Cameo top and light blue bottom) and Dave Reap converted the outline to a sketchup file
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5498. I'm sure he could be persuaded to draw a nice side,front and rear view for us - just ask.
Andy
I would love some ribs to make a 3mm depron airfoil of it.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark