HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2011, 05:49 PM
Dive now work later
Houston, Texas
Joined Dec 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
I flew on the MP 32 and 13x10 prop with parallel 3S 2200 batteries.

It's flyable but not the power of a 4S setup. I did 2 flights on 3S then put my 4S setup back in. 3S is not a bad stopgap measure but I highly advise 4400mah total 3S for it.( 2 parallel 3S 2200 packs)

So you are using 13x10 prop and it looks good so what other props that you suggest with the MP 32?
symdnn is offline Find More Posts by symdnn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:10 PM
Dive now work later
Houston, Texas
Joined Dec 2010
44 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy a plastic collar/stopper for the inside of the landing gear wheel?

They were not included and in the instruction manual it says that I have to purchase them separately.

Also where to buy good quality propellers?
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:29 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symdnn View Post
So you are using 13x10 prop and it looks good so what other props that you suggest with the MP 32?
a basic starting point may be:
APCe prop
13x10 on 3S
13x8 on 4s
works.
use 60A esc to be safe
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:56 PM
Dive now work later
Houston, Texas
Joined Dec 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
a basic starting point may be:
APCe prop
13x10 on 3S
13x8 on 4s
works.
use 60A esc to be safe
Thanks for that.
I think I will go with the 13x10 and yes I am using a 60A esc.
Any ideas where to buy them cheap?
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:32 AM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,489 Posts
I'm going to use one of these with an external BEC.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Old Jan 02, 2011, 03:50 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,428 Posts
CMPro Piper L4 3S setup (3 min 50 sec)
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:36 PM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,977 Posts
Melnic,
Thanks for posting your video. Sounds like you have quite a 'support team' there with you! I am happy to see the 3s lipo setup work like that...perfect for me. That's the same lipo setup I have in my HK spitfire and it flies real well on the 2- 2200 3s packs. I am going to go with the same on this bird...you have convinced me. It looked nice and scale-like there.
Thanks again, I'm quite a happy camper now!
Oh yea, nice landing there at the end!!!
Ken
CSI is offline Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2011, 08:38 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,844 Posts
Good flight Mel.
I doubled up my rubber bands and it's perfect.

syndnn, that's awesome that Nitro is selling parts for these planes.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Jan 02, 2011, 08:49 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Melnic,
Thanks for posting your video. Sounds like you have quite a 'support team' there with you! I am happy to see the 3s lipo setup work like that...perfect for me. That's the same lipo setup I have in my HK spitfire and it flies real well on the 2- 2200 3s packs. I am going to go with the same on this bird...you have convinced me. It looked nice and scale-like there.
Thanks again, I'm quite a happy camper now!
Oh yea, nice landing there at the end!!!
Ken
Thx I'm still getting used to the plane.
Vid was filmed on New Years Day, we had food there so you know people showed up.....LOL
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 07, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,414 Posts
I had mine out for a maiden on New Years eve morning. I messed up the take off, she veered left and once in the air nosed over the same. Broke the cowl into a million pieces and the motor mount. Right horiz stab also broke. Should all be fixed for this weekend except for the cowl. I contacted nitroplanes to try and get one asap. I might look around for another brand that will work as well.
wyldkrd is online now Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:33 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkrd View Post
I had mine out for a maiden on New Years eve morning. I messed up the take off, she veered left and once in the air nosed over the same. Broke the cowl into a million pieces and the motor mount. Right horiz stab also broke. Should all be fixed for this weekend except for the cowl. I contacted nitroplanes to try and get one asap. I might look around for another brand that will work as well.
OUCH. Sorry to hear this, This plane is still a cub so the tail can wiggle back and forth on take off in a crosswind or if you don't handle the tail just right. Someone posted somewhere once some place that sells nothing but cowls. Maybe they also provide dimmentional information?
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:56 AM
RDRC NC USA
Joined Mar 2009
569 Posts
Try a gyro on the rudder, no wiggle
BEAR-AvHistory is offline Find More Posts by BEAR-AvHistory
Old Jan 03, 2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Try a gyro on the rudder, no wiggle
You're the second to suggest this. All I fly are taildraggers. I've had Cubs and Decathlons for years and never experienced this much pull. I might put the D/R down to minimal for takeoff rather than go with a gyro. I also will put a some more right thrust in the motor. It just pulled way left looking at the 22 seconds of video I have and I was giving rudder to comp.

http://<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNwMGoo3xb4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNwMGoo3xb4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:42 PM
North Bay, CA
Joined Aug 2002
369 Posts
This is the 2nd or 3rd report I've heard of the cowl shattering on a nose-over. I've had good luck in the past reinforcing the inside of vac-formed parts with a layer of water-based polyurethane and light fiberglass. It's quick, easy and cheap, and it makes brittle parts like this pretty bulletproof. I'm planning to do this on mine.
CzechSix is offline Find More Posts by CzechSix
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechSix View Post
This is the 2nd or 3rd report I've heard of the cowl shattering on a nose-over. I've had good luck in the past reinforcing the inside of vac-formed parts with a layer of water-based polyurethane and light fiberglass. It's quick, easy and cheap, and it makes brittle parts like this pretty bulletproof. I'm planning to do this on mine.
I'm checking with Fiberglass Specialites to see if the 1/6 Sig Cub cowl will fit. It's the same wingspan. If it does I will get it and paint it up to match.