HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:39 AM
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Oct 2010
170 Posts
Help!
TURNIGY Plush 6A esc won't go into program mode

hi. ive just finished my 2 cell parkzone ultra micro sukhoi brushless conversion, using an AP05 micro motor and the TURNIGY Plush 6A.

plugged it in today for first time and it runs well; so much power!!!!!!! on connection, it plays the correct beeps to indicate proper 2 cell count and arming.

but it will stubbornly refuse to enter programming mode following the instructions given. they are to switch on tx (dx6i), move throttle to max, then connect up the esc. it should play a special tune and then 7 tunes in order, each indicating a programming item that you can select by moving the throttle down at that point.

mine just gives the start-up and arming beeps instead, after which you can run the motor normally after you lower the stick. ive tried waiting. ive tried increasing subtrims, and increasing throttle setting in the dx6i menus. they dont work. even tried holding the throttle stick up hard against the stop with tape.

do you think its faulty, or wired up wrong ?
Anomalous is offline Find More Posts by Anomalous
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:55 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2010
602 Posts
You may need to calibrate the throttle range first.
To do this, have throttle at max then plug it in. Hear low-mid-high, mid-mid, then quickly move throttle to minimum. You should then get a long beep and it is armed. Unplug the ESC.

Now the ESC has learned your min and max throttle settings, and entering programming mode should work the way you describe it the next time you plug in the ESC.

If it still doesn't work, consider getting the programming card for the Turnigy Plush range of ESCs (and many others), it is excellent: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=2169

You might find it in other stores as well, branded for Hobbywing Pentium or Exceed Volcano which I think are the same ESCs really (check this out before you buy.)
meshyx is offline Find More Posts by meshyx
Old Dec 04, 2010, 05:34 AM
I can TOO fly!
Southern Colorado
Joined Feb 2004
246 Posts
I have had issues with that card on a 2S setup. Plugging in a 3S battery makes it all work OK. Then you can fly with a 2S battery.
Spadplanter is offline Find More Posts by Spadplanter