HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:27 PM
In thrust we trust
Chandler AZ
Joined Mar 2008
392 Posts
Discussion
Whats the poop on Turnagy Chargers?

Hey I know there are so many threads on all this but I was interested in a fresh opinion on a new charger for me. Are there any recommendations on a charger from HK? I use 20C to 30C 3s most of the time. I see the E06-10 has a decent rating and looks to be priced right (non in stock). Is this their best and if so how does it compare to others out there?
devilbomber is offline Find More Posts by devilbomber
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:30 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
I would jump on this one while its in stock. I was going to get the HK 200W one but decided on this one instead.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=11444
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Last edited by VROOMSTER; Nov 24, 2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:11 AM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,388 Posts
By the HK 200W one, do you mean this one?

I was able to snag one of these while they were in stock at the USA warehouse. It is still new but seems to work well. It looks very similar to the Turnigy one, except for the balance port plug, which is built in on the ECO model.
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:43 AM
Kilsyth, Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2003
1,970 Posts
I can't bring myself to decide on chargers by price. I guess that if you are really forced to OK but remember that in many respects a charger controls so much of your flying.
I don't make comments about which is the best although I have thoughts about this but always get the very best you can.

You are not only charging Lipos for example but dependant on the assumption that this charger is also balancing your pack correctly and accurately. I have seen people who have lost a pack or two down to poor charging. That pretty well negates getting the charger cheap.

Remember too that if any problem should occur in the charging process damage to a Lipo pack could burn down your shed or house.

I admit to being a bit of a geek where this is concerned but I'd always recommend going for the best, most reliable gear you can. This place is always a good starting point but ask as much as you can before you slap down the bucks.
David Hipperson is offline Find More Posts by David Hipperson
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:25 AM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
By the HK 200W one, do you mean this one?

I was able to snag one of these while they were in stock at the USA warehouse. It is still new but seems to work well. It looks very similar to the Turnigy one, except for the balance port plug, which is built in on the ECO model.
Yep, I was referring to that one. Im going to be getting some of the Nanos for running in my FLUX and I wanted to be able to take advantage of the high charge/discharge rates of the packs.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:03 AM
Afghanistanimation
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
What about this one? 400watt http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=15143
johnnychimpo is offline Find More Posts by johnnychimpo
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:58 AM
electromaniac
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
604 Posts
They also sell two different multi pack chargers one for $89 and one for $100. I bought the $89 charger and I love it now between all my chargers I can charge 7 packs at once. I use my astro for the bigger packs and the other chargers for the 3000mah and down packs.
elcamino is offline Find More Posts by elcamino
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:39 AM
In thrust we trust
Chandler AZ
Joined Mar 2008
392 Posts
Elcamino does that HK-Quatro ballance on all 4 ports? Its not very clear to me on the website spec. That one looks very promising for my needs but the reviews are very mixed....
devilbomber is offline Find More Posts by devilbomber
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=21
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 25, 2010, 05:56 PM
electromaniac
pittsburgh
Joined Oct 2004
604 Posts
Yes it does balance on all 4 ports the ports will except Hobby king batteries balance tab right in the side if you whant but the extensions with the board on them in nice to have. I also bought extra balance boards and bought one for Thunder Power batts and Hyperion batts as well. Both of the multi port balances they sell work the same the only difference is the size of the screen and the way they exit the unit.
elcamino is offline Find More Posts by elcamino