HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scotsoft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:22 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Mini-Review
2 in 1 Land and Sky 3ch Helicopter

I ordered this on the 9th November from Gigson and it arrived this morning 24th November. The one and only reason I ordered it was because I liked the look of it and it had a tilted tail rotor .

They call it the 2 in 1 Land and Sky Helicopter, 2 in 1 because if you select "Running Mode" on the front of the transmitter you can taxi along a smooth surface before switching over to "Flying Mode" and taking to the skies.

After I took some pictures whilst unpacking it, I put it on charge. No USB charger, so first bad point awarded. Both the red and green LEDs light up when charging with the red one flashing and when fully charged the red one goes out.

I switched the transmitter on with Channel A selected and the red LED flashed, I then switched on the heli. As there did not seem to be any binding going on with the transmitter I pushed the throttle up and down to arm the transmitter then up again and it lifted off .

An extremely stable helicopter, it did not need trimmed, I pushed the right stick forward and off it went doing a few circuits. It has a slow pirouette rate, which is no big thing for me as I rarely do them and a steady forward speed with the gyro doing a good job. Flying in reverse is much faster than forward flight so I should check the C of G.

I have flown it six times since this morning, never timed the flights but they do seem to be shorter than some of my other 3ch helis .

It is a nice enough looking heli when it's flying but poorly finished, it is not one I will recommend and would try to deter anyone who was going to buy it.

I have a KA-52 which is superbly finished and is a beast of a heli , this is a sheep in wolves clothing .

Scotsoft Rating - 4/10
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Last edited by scotsoft; Jan 17, 2011 at 07:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts