HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2010, 01:48 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Alert
How about some service?

I know the business is booming, there are many who bought your planes.

What about spending some efforts on providing customer support?

There are unfortunate ones (like me) who received damaged products, and have been waiting for replacements for weeks!

I paid $14 to have the plane shipped 40 miles from your warehouse when you refused to let me go pick it up. Fine. But when stuff gets damaged, why can't you take care of it?

I've waited and waited for the replacement part, and even offered to drive to your store to swap the whole kit. No response. Nada. And after your black friday sale, the support will probably get even busier.

I've had it with this type of mediocre customer service. If I don't have the replacement parts or a full refund by next week, I will be filing a reverse charge with the credit card company and report this incident to the BBB.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

I am truly sorry to hear that sir But if you would be kind enough to provide me with your order number so i could further assits you, I will do my best to take care of this matter the best to my abilitys =]

thanks

sam
raidensam is offline Find More Posts by raidensam
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:14 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Order#996704
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:45 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph

hey their bud!!! is their a way you could kinldly provide me with your contact number so I could call you to speak to you in person only if thats ok with you please send me the info through PM!! thanks

thanks

sam
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:46 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
you have my number for 3 days now, how about a call?
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:36 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
ok it's been 19 days since I received the plane and the empty promises. Where is the call? where is customer service? Am I going to be able to start building this plane this year?

Sam if you ever get around to call me, I need an exact date when you will be able to ship me the parts. I don't need excuse like you don't have any in stock, because I notified you guys way before black friday when you had warehouse full of these kits. Don't call me and tell me to wait. Call me and give me a date.

My patience is running thin...
Old Dec 04, 2010, 09:30 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
WOW!!! Is all I can say hear! Looking at this thread has sealed my final thoughts on buying any prouduct from them. I was gona buy a plane from them despite my better judgment however seeing this .........noway!
Sorry for your loss in time and frustration however it seem's that it is now my gain....

Thanks for letting us all know.

Better luck next time
Batmann is offline Find More Posts by Batmann
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:47 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
23 days now. When 30 days hit, I am calling credit card company to reverse charge. Then you guys can come pick up this beat up plane in the crappy packaging.

Why have a support forum when there are no support to speak of?
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:08 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Nitroplanes,

That you have not taken care of this is quite inexcusable !!

Steph has sent you pictures of the poor packing and damaged contents.

So in view of the poor packing - which is your responsibility - why did you not send him a (properly packed) replacement kit rightaway ??

You had plenty of kits and spares till recently, so there's really no good excuse I can see

Cut the "hey bud" crap and take some action my friend.
Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

Hey their bud!! Im truly sorry for the late response and I know was suppose to call you last week but i did not get a chance to do so yet I was out for the last week or so with the flu But im back in the office now and trying to catch up on all the message and post that was listed from the last week from my clients, I will call you shortly after my meeting today you have my word.

thanks

sam
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:47 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To everyone on this thread!!!

I Would like to start of by apologizing to everyone here for my attendence, I have called stephen back today and is resolving the issue as we speak, Just been behind on some of my job loads due the holidays so i do hope you guys understand and give me a second chance to prove myself.

thanks

sam
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:28 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
45 Posts
Gee Sam why don't address my issue, its very simple, I guess I'm not worth the effort.

I wouldn't hold your breath on service from Sam, it dosn't exist.

Vetterick, a former customer.
vetterick is offline Find More Posts by vetterick
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:24 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To vetterick

Hey their bud!! you must got me all wrong!! What seem to be the issue please provide me with a order number or bring the issue to my attention and I will do my best to take care of you!!! So please let me know what the issue is and ill do my best to make things right.

thanks

sam
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To vetterick

sorry about that bud!! found your issue i already reply to your thread please check it out and let me know thanks.

ps. been crezy in the office so i do get held back on my job load so i do apologize hope you understand.

thanks

sam
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:03 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
ok Sam, you were supposed to call me back within 24 hours with resolution, and I've given you two days now. You sounded like you are eager to resolve this while on the phone, so please follow through.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:26 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Well, what is going on here ??? Has the issue been resolved ?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:50 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Nope, still waiting for that call which he promised to call back within 24 hours, and it has been 5 days...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:22 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

Hey thier bud sorry about the late response ill give you a call first thing tommorow mornig my apology please email me your number to my pm once again please!!! I still have it but I want to confirml, I will email you the number to your pm to confirm!!

thanks

sam
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Unbelievable .
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Do you see a trend here??

By the way, this is day 29 since I received the item and still no resolution to the problem.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:41 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Hey there bud, how about a call sometime this year?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:10 PM
God of Gravity Poisoning
Joined Nov 2010
336 Posts
JEEZEZ PEEZEE!

Steph280 your patience is incredible !!!

If they don't give you some sort of compensation for your time I know I won't be ordering any stuff from them. This guy can't even keep your phone number for a few days doesn't this guy have a computer?!?!? He'd be giving me his personal cell phone number if he wanted to talk to me at this point.
Arkansas Travelr is offline Find More Posts by Arkansas Travelr
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:02 AM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,763 Posts
I feel your pain cause " ive been there done that " with nitro also ,
Sam has fixed a problem i had with a order , but took way too long , might be Sam's boss or bosses dont give him enough power to do anything , its always " hey bud , pm me your number , id like to talk to you " thats gives them 10 days to two weeks to do nothing , or "give me your order number "thats good for a week .
How about looking on the computer to see the guys phone number ,order number , number number , ect , send him a new kit , refund his money or both , dont talk to the bosses , just do it !
It will be a happy customer , and one less thing you have to do over and over again .
I bought a f-15 from hobby lobby , airframe and fan , the fan was bad , i called HL , they sent me a replacement fan and a motor and a speed control , for a 6.00 fan !
I know this will cost you in the short term , but long term you will be way ahead ...........
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:29 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
So what do you guys think? Dump everything in the trashbag and reverse charge on the credit card? I'd like to give Sam a chance to make it right, but it IS 30 days now and I think it's time to end this.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
Insert comment here:
Placentia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
1,020 Posts
Call your credit card company.
Tell them that the product you received is a lemon and they will do the rest.
totalywicked is offline Find More Posts by totalywicked
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:59 PM
God of Gravity Poisoning
Joined Nov 2010
336 Posts
Yes I think it is time to check with your credit card company I'd make sure that trashing the order is OK with them. You might have to give Nitro Models a fair chance to send you a postage paid box to ship their junk back in order for your card company to honor the chargeback.

Just be aware that NitroPlanes does business under the HobbyPartz name and probably other names too. I've started to shy away from buying stuff direct from China the prices are good but the support headaches can easily outweigh the savings. I entered this sport to relax not go back and forth for weeks or a month with unresponsive vendors "I was sick, I lost your number I'll call you tomorrow (or not) I'll call you again Bud sorry" He would of had me at "I was sick". I think you have been more than fair.

I've had good luck with Headsuprc.com they are based in Florida their prices are reasonable and they have great customer service along with cheap fast shipping.
Arkansas Travelr is offline Find More Posts by Arkansas Travelr
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:47 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Travelr View Post
... give Nitro Models a fair chance to send you a postage paid box to ship their junk back in order for your card company to honor the chargeback. ...
That is an excellent suggestion ...

I would not have had the patience Steph had, would have disputed the charges already a couple of weeks ago. This is all completely unexcusable.

And all that "Hey there Bud" nonsense sounds in retrospect quite disingenous.

I would also report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Time to move on ... get something nice - but somewhere else.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:37 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
And Sam has the nerve to just PM me saying he called me and left me a voice mail. Unless AT&T really screws up their voicemail system, I have not had a call from anybody in 626/818/323 area code since last Thursday. I even checked in my online phone log.

And yes, he asked me to send him the list of items, AGAIN! This is after I sent him the list in email, along with photos, TWICE!

Sorry Sam, I gave you guys a chance and you blew it.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:58 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

Hey their bud!! check your pm!! get back to me when your free thanks

thanks

sam
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:42 AM
Brazil, SP, Rio Claro
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
This NP company is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

And Sam Whoever: stop playing customer-service, man... NP is evidently unable, unprepared and clearly UNWILLING to do zilt for their customers (I'm assuming NP still has a handful). If NitroCrap can't take it, then go back to wherever, and let AMERICAN companies do it like its supposed to be done!
pisco2010 is offline Find More Posts by pisco2010
Last edited by pisco2010; Jan 06, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:09 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Sam,

No need to play phone tag with me. You have my order number, you have the parts list, you have photos of the damage, and you have my shipping address. Plus you have just about every phone numbers I have, do you also need my social security number? Just ship the damn parts and PM me the tracking number. What is so difficult about that?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
Brazil, SP, Rio Claro
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
The difficult part is that NitroJunk cares ZERO about customer service... this Sam Whoever is simply dancing around and pretending to be doing something.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:34 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Hey there bud Sam, how about some response? Are you out of town with the rest of the company?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:04 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
WOW! Are you on crack? So much LIES.

Sam, I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from your company. There is nothing in "costumer service".

Steph, hope something works out for you.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Dec 22, 2010, 06:19 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Apr 2007
3,669 Posts
One reason you may not have gotten through on the 1-626-626-4640 is that it is listed as the FAX LINE at GrandHobby.Com as well as being nitros' sales line.

One other thing to note as NitroPlanes is obviously a DBA (like Nitrorcx.com, Xheli.com, GrandHobbY.com and others), law says a DBA must post their real business name on their pages... eg. XXXXX doing business as Nitroplaenes.com. Can't seem to find the DBA statements anywhere on these sites. Maybe I missed something but...
craig_c is offline Find More Posts by craig_c
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by craig_c; Dec 22, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:43 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,234 Posts
well , all i can say is this sounds way to familiar. they have all my numbers and just about all my patience ! i dont learn fast and am ready to place another order and let them know ahead of time so they could include the stuff i need with no additional shipping to them , still no response. holding the order hostage for now!!

chuck.
chas650r is online now Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:26 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidensam View Post
To Steph280

Hey their bud!! check your pm!! get back to me when your free thanks

thanks

sam
Hello chinese costumer service robot! Would you mind asking a human on the line? Or are there any?

Thank you.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:48 PM
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Apr 2008
21 Posts
Wow, I have been waiting for 5 months trying to get them to send me a missing part from a plane I ordered in August. It came to me damaged and no cockpit. I have had 3 email responses from them telling me they made a special order just for me and would call me when it came in. That was 2 months ago. I am going to do a charge back on my Credit card. Im tired of getting bent over like Steph280 as well.

S!
comswim is offline Find More Posts by comswim
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:14 AM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
This is 100% what I didn't expect. Thought i'd pop over to here, as I have quite liked the look of some of Nitro's products in the past...just a break..read some info on modifications etc.
But....here we have Steph, all that patience and attempting resolution - with a company that obviously doesn't give a damn, at all.

Another to avoid.

Next vendor forum
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Dec 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2010
67 Posts
Here's a short story. Purchased plane, bad esc, contacted "bud" sam, after 8 weeks I sent esc back, they repackaged old esc & sent it back to me. I know they sent old one back. After reading all the bs the put people through, I marked it before I mailed it back, at my expense, when "bud sam" said it would be paid by np.
I didn't bother contacting "bud sam", I just chaulked it up to experience.
I also wish our "bud" would use spell checker or something as some of his replies can be hard to interpert

Their motto should be " We take care of our customers!!......with out lube"
chriscat is offline Find More Posts by chriscat
Last edited by chriscat; Dec 24, 2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:45 AM
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Jun 2003
499 Posts
is it possible that sam is not with np?

it seems he is purposely stalling this. is sam really with with them? i dont like sams responce, but im getting nervous about ordering from them again. historically, my orders have come in three days, fortunately not damaged.
twohsieh is offline Find More Posts by twohsieh
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:02 AM
Brazil, SP, Rio Claro
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Their junk is always available elsewhere. Personally I'd go with better merchandise, better customer service etc, even at higher prices. I co-own/moderate a 10.000-member online RC forum, and I'll PERSONALLY bomb NitroJunk there on a daily basis.

If it only depended on me NitroJunk would be NO MORE starting Jan 1st.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:57 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisco2010 View Post
The difficult part is that NitroJunk cares ...
Agree, but don't confuse the distributor (Nitroplanes) with the manufacturer(s) of the models they sell (eg CMP) ...

I have two CMP models (Spitfire & T-45), have flown both and like them a lot, from my limited experience.

It is sad that CMP & other overseas manufacturers would have to rely on such irresponsible idiots to distribute their products in the US.

Also, most likely most of the blame lies with who supervises these clowns, not necessarily with the various incarnations of the "hey bud" clowns themselves .

"NitroFraud" would be a better name ... A new distributor is needed.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 04:15 PM
Barcelona
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
Real shame as I wanted to order the CMP t45 when it comes back into stock. I was going to ship it to a friend's house in the States and pick it up next year. I emailed NP and said as I would be unable to inspect the package on arrival and could i extend the warranty period with regard to damage....you guessed it- No answer! So i cancelled the order, a shame as it was at the Black Friday price. Have been thinking of re ordering but after reading these post!

"Sorry Bud!" That is no way to talk to customers. They are not friends. Imagine if they acted professionally! A company with potential but just zero customer service to push it through. SHAME
400driver is offline Find More Posts by 400driver
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:18 PM
Mach 1
walterboro s.c.u.s.a
Joined Jun 2004
773 Posts
He must have a Droid' with some kind of automatic deal, that sends messages or something.
He is one cold sounding individual.
pathfinder is offline Find More Posts by pathfinder
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:17 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To comswim

May I Have your order number so I could look into it for you please?

thanks

sam
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:20 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Everyone on this THREAD!!!!

Sorry for not replying to an of your post for the last week I Was gone for the holidays I hold myself accountable for any of my wrong doing, But for Step I Did call him already to work out somthing to get hes issue resolve and we are in the process of making this right as we speak, So All im asking is for you guys go forgive me and give me one last chance to make things right, I konw a simple apology is not going to make things all go away so I will stop talking now and just show you guys by my actions. If any of you guys have any issues with orders, complaints ,or need help in anything please let me know.

thanks

sam
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:21 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Just got a call from Sam. He is going to send me a shipping label to send the plane back, and is going to give me a call at 3PM my time to let me know if a replacement is in stock.

Appreciate the efforts Sam, but hope you will follow through this time.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:23 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

Hey their bud!! remember to check your email later and let me know if you got what we dicsuss about ok thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:32 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Does any of this sound familiar? What's he sound like on the phone?

Quote:
To Steph280

Hey their bud!! remember to check your email later and let me know if you got what we dicsuss about ok thanks.
Quote:
To Everyone on this THREAD!!!!

Sorry for not replying to an of your post for the last week I Was gone for the holidays I hold myself accountable for any of my wrong doing, But for Step I Did call him already to work out somthing to get hes issue resolve and we are in the process of making this right as we speak, So All im asking is for you guys go forgive me and give me one last chance to make things right, I konw a simple apology is not going to make things all go away so I will stop talking now and just show you guys by my actions. If any of you guys have any issues with orders, complaints ,or need help in anything please let me know.

thanks

sam
Quote:
To comswim

May I Have your order number so I could look into it for you please?

thanks

sam
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:02 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Sigh, no phone call, nothing, AGAIN.

Sam, you really need to stop making promises you can't keep.

And why did I expect anything different this time?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:05 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Did he ever call you?

I think "Sam" is either a confused Chinese person or a site bot.

There is somebody here under the username nitroplanes. Try contacting him.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Jun 2003
499 Posts
To Sam:

I am a nitroplanes customer. FYI, Do not use "Hey there Bud" as your greeting to your customers. it is rude and inappropriate.
twohsieh is offline Find More Posts by twohsieh
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:52 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Dec 2010
55 Posts
tracking #

I have just ordered ( yesterday ) and was wanting to track my order. Here is my order number yhst-17210252890263-167348

Its shipping to Canada I do understand it could take a week. That is way I would like to follow it .....

my e-mail should be attached with the order .

Thanks again
Capt Calgary is offline Find More Posts by Capt Calgary
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:12 AM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

As promise on our phone convo I will keep a eye out for the plane once I get it back, I will call you right away to take the next step. thanks steph280 for understanding!! =]

thanks

sam
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:16 AM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To twohsieh

Hi thier!! thank you for the advice I will take that advice of yours, if it came out rude in anyway my apology, that was not my intentions.

thanks

sam
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:19 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Just for the record, I had to get on live chat and ask the guy to tell Sam to call me back.

By the way Sam, the package has arrived at your warehouse and signed for by "Tim at the dock." Now refund my money as per our agreement.

Ball is in your court.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:21 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
To twohsieh

Hi thier!! thank you for the advice I will take that advice of yours, if it came out rude in anyway my apology, that was not my intentions.

thanks

sam

lol.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 05:50 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
Wow I am embarrased for NitroPlanes. This is sad business.
volto is offline Find More Posts by volto
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:44 PM
Just an Earth bound misfit - I
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
I ordered the CMP T-45 from nitroplanes during their Black Friday sale.

They sent me an order confirmation and a UPS tracking number. A couple of days later I get an email saying they cancelled the order and refunded my credit card - the reason - "shipment was too big"?? I get the feeling something fishy was going on there…

Wrote to them asking for a better explanation and a raincheck on the sale price and guess what?? Exactly - no response!!

I've learned over the years if I don't get prompt customer service - I shop elsewhere. It's just not worth the heartache.

Goodbye Nitroplanes...I shop elsewhere now.
vanderbrander is offline Find More Posts by vanderbrander
Old Jan 03, 2011, 07:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To Steph280

Hey their Steph280!! I just confirm and yes we did get the jet back, so I will process the Refund for you today and email you the confirmation. Once you get the refund amount back to your account please let me know and I will call you then to take the next step with this transaction we discuss about.

thanks

sam
Old Jan 03, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To vanderbrander

Im sorry for our sales rep not explaing why we cannot ship an oversize item out of the US. Thats one of our policy we cannot ship anything that is over 40inch out of the states due to, The risk of the big package getting damage during shipping, in the past we did ship any size, to any part of the world but from the return percetage and damage claims that was reported, its best if we do not take that risk on our end and our consumer. So if you have any further questions please feel free to reach me here thanks.

thanks

sam
Old Jan 03, 2011, 10:28 PM
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Quote:
To vanderbrander

Im sorry for our sales rep not explaing why we cannot ship an oversize item out of the US. Thats one of our policy we cannot ship anything that is over 40inch out of the states due to, The risk of the big package getting damage during shipping, in the past we did ship any size, to any part of the world but from the return percetage and damage claims that was reported, its best if we do not take that risk on our end and our consumer. So if you have any further questions please feel free to reach me here thanks.

thanks

sam
Thanks for the reply.
If you cannot ship oversized out of the US to Canada or elsewhere in the world, please state so on your web site - it would save your foreign customers a lot of trouble. There was no mention of this during the order process either.
Myself and a friend ordered one each on the same order. You confirmed the order and gave us two separate tracking numbers. Two days later you cancelled the order with no attempting to contact us. Why? We made several attempts to contact Nitroplanes by email and telephone with no response. Very frustrating since I could have easily provided a US shipping address and rectified the situation immediately - if this indeed was the only issue.
So Iíd like to ask the original questions that didnít get answered again.
When do you expect them to be back in stock and will we get a rain check on the sale price?

Thanks again for your response.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:14 PM
Brazil, SP, Rio Claro
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
What a bunch of CRAP... I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I NEVER bought from NitroJunk!!
Old Jan 04, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
444 Posts
To vanderbrander

Im sorry about not answering your quetion on my last post, But yes for your trouble i will honor the sales price once it comes back in stock, The time frame that it should be coming back is 4-6 weeks, once its back and your ready to order please let me know and I will take care of the rest for you.

thanks

Sam
Old Jan 04, 2011, 09:12 PM
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Quote:
To vanderbrander

Im sorry about not answering your quetion on my last post, But yes for your trouble i will honor the sales price once it comes back in stock, The time frame that it should be coming back is 4-6 weeks, once its back and your ready to order please let me know and I will take care of the rest for you.

thanks

Sam
Ok thank you sir. Appreciate your support on this. I'm ready to order now if you will accept a pre-order. Do you need our previous order number to confirm?
Old Jan 04, 2011, 09:39 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Ok I have finally reached a resolution with this whole ordeal. Nitroplane has just refunded my money.

Just for the record, the plane was ordered 11/11, received damaged on 11/12 and reported immediately to Nitroplanes. Refund was issued today 1/4. Took a whole 54 days of playing games with "support" and nearly an act of congress to reach this. Despite of all the posts here and Sam's attempt to help, what really got their attention was me filing a Paypal dispute, which resulted in immediate RMA issuance for return.

Sam we all know you tried. But your management really need to give you more power to resolve little issues on the spot instead of letting it escalate. And a trouble ticketing system to document all your communications with customer would probably avoid a lot of misunderstandings and short term memory syndrome. Not to mention a calendar to remind a call back when promised.

Let's take for an comparison a company with probably the best customer service in the industry, Hobby Lobby. I called about a missing piece from a kit, all I had to provide was an order number and description of the part, a brand new replacement is out THAT SAME DAY. No need to go through clueless support hotline or waiting for your chance to speak to an online chat person that's never there.

This is my first dealing with Nitroplanes, and unfortunately it may just be my last. They do have good products, but I don't think it would be hard to have another dealer top their customer service and take away their business. I think the "management" really need to take note on all these issues that's been discussed by all the customers. Because when a serious competition comes along, good luck on surviving the business with your current support model.

Let this thread be a lesson to those who are considering to buy from Nitroplanes...
Old Jan 05, 2011, 08:50 PM
Electric Hippy
Brisbane
Joined Nov 2005
2,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
model.

Let this thread be a lesson to those who are considering to buy from Nitroplanes...
Noted
Eagleburger is offline Find More Posts by Eagleburger
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:46 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Phoenix
Joined Apr 2006
380 Posts
So noted!
outkast1779 is offline Find More Posts by outkast1779
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:50 AM
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Thanks Nitroplanes - you did it to me again.

I ordered an aircraft on the 23 Dec 2010 and it's taken until now for you to send me this email cancellation.

Dear Customer,

This email is regarding NitroPlane order number
yhst-17210252890263-166368. We have cancelled your order, and have
refunded $267.01 for your order from NitroPlane for the CMP-PC9-Kit is oversized
and unable to ship.
You should see your credit on your credit card in about 2-3
business days. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
NitroPlane

Here I was thinking the T-45 order screw up (see earlier thread) was just a misunderstanding. So I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt and placed another order. That was a big mistake and I won't make it again.

For all the other foreign shoppers that haven't experience this - do them a huge favour and tell them clearly on your web-site you cannot ship outside the US.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 11:30 AM
Brazil, SP, Rio Claro
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts

Never did... never will.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 06:30 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,234 Posts
so here is the latest responce from our buddy,

We have already email you the RMA form to fill out on 12/3 to send back the product for an exchange, so please look for that email we sent you use the form and fill it out, onc your ready you could send it back to us and we will take care of the rest, if you have any further questions please feel free to let me know or ask me here thanks.

well sam , you have taken so long ,with so many " talk is cheap" responses to my problem, that you dont even remember that the rma at my expense was the issue in the first place, more than 30 days ago. so maybe its you who needs to look at our past correspondence and try to respond in a timely manner! i now have supplied you with the order # twice, description of the damage, pics of the damage, and an offer to include the needed bits with an additional order and still nothing.

chuck.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:07 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Phoenix
Joined Apr 2006
380 Posts
So then...I'm just about ready to be in the market for a composite 70-90mm jet. NitroPlanes WAS on my list but clearly is now nixed.
I've got Hobby Lobby in my scopes. Any other reputable sites that have a good selection of jets?
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:29 PM
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast1779 View Post
So then...I'm just about ready to be in the market for a composite 70-90mm jet. NitroPlanes WAS on my list but clearly is now nixed.
I've got Hobby Lobby in my scopes. Any other reputable sites that have a good selection of jets?
turbofanelectrics.com carries quality jets and gives good service.
Electric Jet Factory were good to me in the past with no problems.
Scaleflying.com also has the T-45 in stock if that is what you wanted.

Hope you have better luck than I did with Nitroplanes.

It's a shame really - they do have a really nice selection of aircraft at good prices but I'd rather pay more than for less hassle.

I'm going to give Nitroplanes one last chance to get it right (call me an idiot if you will) and if it doesn't work out - trust me - I'll let everyone know.
Last edited by vanderbrander; Jan 06, 2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:36 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post

well sam , you have taken so long ,with so many " talk is cheap" responses to my problem, that you dont even remember that the rma at my expense was the issue in the first place, more than 30 days ago. so maybe its you who needs to look at our past correspondence and try to respond in a timely manner! i now have supplied you with the order # twice, description of the damage, pics of the damage, and an offer to include the needed bits with an additional order and still nothing.

chuck.
Exactly part of my issue. They deal with too many customers to remember anythings, and they don't have a trouble ticket system to record all the correspondences and promises. So even if they promise to refund you the money or send you the part, they might have no recollection of anything next time you speak with them.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:51 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast1779 View Post
well, h/l , although not fast did take care of an issue i had and prices and shipping have been better than average, big change from the h/l of the past.

chuck
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:57 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,234 Posts
i am now putting n/p in the same group as hobby king, price is king, but u pay your money and u take your chances.

chuck.
Old Jan 07, 2011, 08:55 AM
AMA 42272, from the 1970's
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Oct 2007
580 Posts
I sent the following E-mail to NitroPlanes two days ago and still haven't received a reply. Wonder if I ever will.....

I just received my B-25 RTF plane today, Item#: 93A325-1400-B25-Green-RTF-24G. The included battery is a 11.1 volt, 3300mAh, 25C. The Specs, shown below, call for a 14.8V, 2200mAh battery. In the video Tony is shown flying the plane with a 14.8V 4 cell battery. What is the correct battery for this plane?? Can a 14.8V battery be used with the included 40A ESC's and motors? What will the flight times be with the 3 cell battery?

Features:
- Precision Scale And High Performance Aircraft.
- With Pilot Figure Include & Installed.
- With Electric Servo less Retract Landing Gear Include And Installed.
- With 2 Set 3 Blade Propeller With Spinner Include.
- Material: Durable EPO
- Wing Span: 1,470mm ( 57.87in )
- Length: 1,130mm ( 44.48in )
- Flying Weight: Around 1,930g
- Servo: 9g Servo x 8
- Landing Gear : Electric Servo less Retract Landing Gear
- Motor: Powerful Out runner Brushless Motor x 2
- ESC: 40A Brushless ESC x 2
- Propeller: 3 Blade Propeller With Spinner x 2
- Battery: Li-Po 14.8V 2200mAh
- Radio: 6 Ch Radio Control
DXStickman is offline Find More Posts by DXStickman
Old Jan 08, 2011, 10:05 AM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
Thats the wrong battery for sure! Hope they thake care of you. Hows the plane look otherwise? I was planning on buying the one that hobby lobby offers now that they
updated the esc's on them. Just cant see spending another 300 plus dollars on a plane from nitroplanes not willing to take the risk yet again.
topgun427 is offline Find More Posts by topgun427
Old Jan 08, 2011, 11:59 AM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
If esc's are programed for 11.1 3 cell then I guess your ok. The 3300mAh should be good.
But if it's set up for a 4c you may not have power to motors. The Hobby Lobby B-25
is set up for a 3c 2200 mAh. But I agree it say's 14.8v 2200mAh could be trouble.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
Looks Like they changed the battery info on their website to reflect 11.1v 3300mAh
Hope thats how the plane is set up
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:07 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts
Mr. RaidenSam "Hey their bud" was nowhere to be seen yesterday at the IMS/AMA show in Ontario ... Too bad, I had a few straight comments I wanted to convey to him

Other than that, there we like 6 or 7 asian kids busily staffing the NP booth ... Including one young asian lady that claimed she was aware of the improper packing issue, but that "there was nothing she could do about it" - since that would involve opening the boxes, which is not their policy.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:30 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Phoenix
Joined Apr 2006
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
Mr. RaidenSam "Hey their bud" was nowhere to be seen yesterday at the IMS/AMA show in Ontario ... Too bad, I had a few straight comments I wanted to convey to him

Other than that, there we like 6 or 7 asian kids busily staffing the NP booth ... Including one young asian lady that claimed she was aware of the improper packing issue, but that "there was nothing she could do about it" - since that would involve opening the boxes, which is not their policy.
All I can really say here is- YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT!?
really? you can't open the box to insure proper packaging for YOUR customers??
how abouts you just give us your manufacturer's info and we'll just order directly and cut out the middle man since you don't do anything except artificially inflate the prices.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 04:59 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
Mr. RaidenSam "Hey their bud"One lady claimed she was aware of the improper packing issue, but that "there was nothing she could do about it" - since that would involve opening the boxes, which is not their policy.
What? It is not their policy to check their customers' orders?? Even Hobbyking does better than this.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Oct 2007
580 Posts
The B-25 flies great on a 3S battery...see:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...343353&page=23

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...343353&page=24
Old Jan 09, 2011, 11:02 AM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
DX are you flying with your own radio or theirs ? Did it come with a good instruction manual? Are you happy with it? Did the change the light set-up? Thanks for your input
Old Jan 09, 2011, 02:35 PM
Joined Oct 2007
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun427 View Post
DX are you flying with your own radio or theirs ? Did it come with a good instruction manual? Are you happy with it? Did the change the light set-up? Thanks for your input
I bought the RTF because the PNP was Out of Stock. I did use my DX-7 instead of the included radio. I did install their radio in my Parkzone Corsair and it works fine. The stock radio has mechanical trims and of course no Expo or Dual Rates. I programmed my DX-7 with about 35% Expo on the Elevator and Ailerons. I am using the Spektrum AR 6200 in the B-25.

The instruction manual is basically a few photos with brief descriptions. Raptorfly's photos on Page 9 helped me a lot more than the manual: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1343353&page=9

The landing lights are white LED's and look great in flight. I am going to try and find a red and green ones to add as Nav lights.

So far I am extremely happy with the plane, but I have only two flights on it so far. Too windy today, plus I have to do a minor repair on a broken gear door hinge. The door hinges and control horns on the gear doors are prone to coming loose due to a lousy glue job from the factory.

The motors have plenty of power. Next time out I will check the current draw from a fully charged battery.

Fun plane to fly............
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:03 AM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
DX thanks for the info Let us now how things are after a couple more flights. Are you flying with 35% setting all the time right now? Will you go to full range at some point?
Hope all goes well with your next fights
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
What happen to"bud" Sam?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:00 PM
Irvine, CA
Joined Jan 2005
105 Posts
I purchased the A-10 EDF jet from Nitroplanes at the AMA show last year. Tony assured me that they have very good support for their products. I later found a defective ESC. I sent email to Nitroplanes about this problem but they never contacted me. I then tried calling their support phone number several times on different days but was on hold for 15+ min and so I hung up. When I finally reached someone named Sam, he told me that this item does not have any support nor warranty because it was purchased at the AMA show. No one told me this at the AMA show. If they did, I would never have bought it from them. They probably stated this because their business did not pay business tax on this items since I purchased it with cash with no sales receipt. After filing a complaint with BBB, they finally sent me the replacement part. On another order, I had 2 defective servos but they sent me junky servos. I cannot recommend Nitroplanes because of the lack of support that I've received. To top it off, the Rx was crap because there was major glitching at only 3 feet away. I didn't bother complaining about this because I don't want to waste anymore of my time.

A few month ago, I ordered two SR-71 kits and it was missing 2 plastic retract landing gear so I posted on their rcdiscuss.com support forum at:
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php/topic,32674.0.html
And Eric responds with "I open a new package and check on the SR-71 blackbird it doesn't come with any landing gears at all". I'm sorry but what an idiot. I posted again stating that he obviously didn't look at the contents of the SR-71 kit closely. They are inside one of the boxes (if he even opened any of these boxes). Plus, if he had looked at the instruction sheet, it shows the retracts there too. So I posted pics of the retracts and the instructions that shows it in parts listing.

Oh and BTW, I never post anything on rcdiscuss except support problems because they've deleted my negative posts about them, including the A-10 incident. They own rcdicuss so I should have known better.
wsame is offline Find More Posts by wsame
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:08 AM
Southern California (OC)
Joined Nov 2010
1 Posts
OK, now I'm getting concerned. A friend of mine and I were just about to order a couple more of NitroPlanes' FMS (Airfield) P-51s to have as spares, but now I'm having second thoughts. We have both purchased planes from them in the past with good luck (in fact, my friend bought six of these P-51s from them because he likes to have LOTS of spares), but now I'm wondering if I should push my luck.

As an alternate source, has anyone bought from Toysonics.com before? I haven't bought any planes from them yet, but I got servos and other misc parts from them and they were very accommodating. By that, I mean they let me pick up locally and negotiated a cash price with me. The good part about local pickup (besides saving on shipping cost) is that I can inspect the model before I leave their parking lot. And like someone posted above, NitroPlanes wouldn't even entertain the thought of local pick-up with me; which is too bad for me because they are about a mile away from Toysonics. The best part is that Toysonics also carries the FMS P-51s, so I may give them a call (and yes, they answered the phone during their business hours - what a concept).
David M6 is offline Find More Posts by David M6
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:43 AM
Joined Apr 2010
157 Posts
I have purchased parts...receivers and such and had great luck. If you can pick up there then at least you can look at the plane and fms is the same plane ithink even better.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:03 PM
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Refund my credit card please

Sam,

It's been at least two weeks since you told me you couldn't ship the CMP PC-9 to Canada and that Nitroplanes would refund my account in 2-3 days.

Still no refund.

You PM'ed me on Jan 10 to which I responded but no reply from you since regarding how to fix this problem.

I have a friend in the US who is willing to accept delivery of this aircraft and I'm willing to give you one last chance because I still want it - but you have to contact me because my account has not been refunded yet and I'm not paying for this thing twice!!

I'm tired of waiting - I want the aircraft so let's get this done please!!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:10 PM
NitroPlanes/HobbyPartz Rep
City of Industry
Joined Jan 2011
348 Posts
Hey VanderBrander, What's your order number? I'll take a look to see what we can do to expedite things.
NitroD is offline Find More Posts by NitroD
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:15 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,234 Posts
new blood?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
Barcelona
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
" new blood," is it?
400driver is offline Find More Posts by 400driver
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:57 PM
City of Industry
Joined Jan 2011
348 Posts
New Blood indeed...fresh for the spilling! lol

In all seriousness, any questions you guys have, I will try my best to help! Thank you guys for posting this and bringing this to our attention, it's you that help us improve our service!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,234 Posts
ok nitro d . i have a small problem that has been festering since late nov. can u read my posts and let me know what info u need? order#1023508. please send parts.

thanks, chuck.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 04:24 PM
City of Industry
Joined Jan 2011
348 Posts
Hey Chas650r,

I pulled up your order but it doesn't have much info besides the fact that it says you had minor defects. Can you elaborate on what you need?

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:05 AM
Canada, ON, L'Orignal
Joined Nov 2010
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroD View Post
Hey VanderBrander, What's your order number? I'll take a look to see what we can do to expedite things.

Extract from previous post.

This email is regarding NitroPlane order number
yhst-17210252890263-166368. We have cancelled your order, and have
refunded $267.01 for your order from NitroPlane for the CMP-PC9-Kit is oversized
and unable to ship.
You should see your credit on your credit card in about 2-3
business days. Apologize for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,
NitroPlane

I still want the aircraft. Can you reactivate the order? I have a US postal address organised now. Let me know what can you do for me please.