HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:02 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Only if it can lock very quickly, the pulses out of the transmitter are only going to be about 0.5~1 second long at the most (we only usually need to hear for about 0.1 seconds as humans to pick it up)
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2011, 08:50 AM
Joined Dec 2008
93 Posts
Any updates on this project?
crcr is offline Find More Posts by crcr
Old Aug 02, 2011, 08:54 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Wow, this one had slipped to the back of my list.

Better try make an antenna tomorrow and try it out.

Paul.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:53 PM
Weipa Queensland
Joined Jul 2007
180 Posts
Paul

any news on testing beacon.

Tony
Tony Finn is offline Find More Posts by Tony Finn
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Hi man, i only just noticed this one myself~

I recently brought the RF Beacon from FM Kit ... very small with a small wire antenna.

Mate made a Yagi for me and we tested it and it works quite well .... not to say yours wont lol.

I am a big fan of Australian made, and after loosing a plane I am also a big fan of RF Beacons!

Let us know if ya get one together, would love to give it a go~

I like the idea of GPS on it aswel somehow .... I was going to originally buy an GPS tracker but it required a phone sim card and hence phone coverage. Where i plan to fly i dont think i will always have phone coverage so i went the rf beacon route.

Could it maybe somehow beep back the co-ordinates?
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:32 PM
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
I am looking for a Lost Model Alarm that is self powered. Ideally it could leech power from the main battery through the servo connection to the receiver, it the main lipo is still connected after the crash then the alarm would be powered that way. If the main lipo is ejected on impact the alarm unit's own battery will still squeal the buzzer when it is supposed to. Anyone know of a device like this?
teamhairball is offline Find More Posts by teamhairball
Old May 26, 2014, 02:41 PM
United States, IL, Lake Zurich
Joined Jan 2014
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhairball View Post
I am looking for a Lost Model Alarm that is self powered. Ideally it could leech power from the main battery through the servo connection to the receiver, it the main lipo is still connected after the crash then the alarm would be powered that way. If the main lipo is ejected on impact the alarm unit's own battery will still squeal the buzzer when it is supposed to. Anyone know of a device like this?
^^^ this I want something that does this!!
JoeDotCom is offline Find More Posts by JoeDotCom
Old May 26, 2014, 04:11 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,526 Posts
Lost Model Locators -
http://www.flyesl.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=237

there are a variety discussed.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old May 28, 2014, 01:17 PM
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
I should have phrased it differently; I am looking for a Lost Model Buzzer that is self powered. Not a radio beacon.

I have a Lost Model Buzzer but I want one that will operate independently from the main battery. If it is self contained with it's own battery it will be more likely to survive the crash.
teamhairball is offline Find More Posts by teamhairball
Last edited by teamhairball; May 28, 2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:57 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,526 Posts
In the article I pointed you to there are beacons, buzzers, clickers, long range, short range. If you want it to be self powered just put the appropriate connector on your battery.

Of the ones I have the beacon/transmitters are self powered. The buzzers are powered from the receiver. But it would not be hard to set them up with their own battery.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr