HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:17 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
221 Posts
Hi fpvman,

Im using a 9X with the Er9x firmware and have headtracking with the AIO goggles working perfectly via the trainer port. here's a snapshot of my eepe file showing the mixes if that helps.
I can send you the .hex file if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvman View Post
Can anyone tell me how to set up my radio?
I bought this goggles and want to be sure how to set up my radio.
Im using a Turnigy 9x with Er9x
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:29 PM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Nov 2010
77 Posts
At last I have received ski goggles from Rob.
http://helimania.ru/index.php/main/viewpost/1399

Its on Russian, but you can use google translator.
AndrewStick is offline Find More Posts by AndrewStick
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:59 PM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
420 Posts
screens burned be careful in the sun

Well it happended to me. I let my friend look through the goggles while I flew and forgot to warn him about letting the sun hit the lense. Not sure when it happended but when I put the goggles back on, the screens had burn marks.

I am not a happy camper. Do other goggles have this problem?
mdv is offline Find More Posts by mdv
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:37 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv View Post
Well it happended to me. I let my friend look through the goggles while I flew and forgot to warn him about letting the sun hit the lense. Not sure when it happended but when I put the goggles back on, the screens had burn marks.

I am not a happy camper. Do other goggles have this problem?
Yes i am afraid so--the lens will magnify the sun the same as a magnifying glass and you know what happens with the sun and a magnifying glass--sorry to hear you have this problem give fu from foxtech a yell and see if they can get them repaired.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:07 PM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Yes i am afraid so--the lens will magnify the sun the same as a magnifying glass and you know what happens with the sun and a magnifying glass--sorry to hear you have this problem give fu from foxtech a yell and see if they can get them repaired.
Well from what I've read earlier in this thread, when you include the cost of shipping, the repair isn't worth it. Better to buy something in the US next time so eventual repair doesn't involve expensive shipping. I see that some goggle vendors offer replacmenet LCD parts so you can do the repair yourself. I wonder if that is feasible.
mdv is offline Find More Posts by mdv
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:43 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
208 Posts
channel problem

hi there
i have a problem with the amount of channels.

I have a NAZA and would like to use my channels of my T8FG.

Unfortunately the naza reserves 7 channels by default, so i do not have the possibility to use 2 channels for pan / tilt.

i have a R6308SBT recievers with SBUS and 8 channels.

How can i handle this problem. The AIO only supports until channel 8.
fabianabegglen is offline Find More Posts by fabianabegglen
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:39 AM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
208 Posts
Anyone????
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:53 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,006 Posts
don't use the PPM (Sbus) from the rx to the Naza, use individual patch wires on 5 or 6 channels like I do. leaves you 3 for headtracker, LED strobe, lost model alarm, whatever. I put master gain on a pot, mode on 3-pos-switch. still only 6 channels.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:39 PM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
don't use the PPM (Sbus) from the rx to the Naza, use individual patch wires on 5 or 6 channels like I do. leaves you 3 for headtracker, LED strobe, lost model alarm, whatever. I put master gain on a pot, mode on 3-pos-switch. still only 6 channels.
Hmm. Can you rephrase this. I do not know exactly what you mean. How is the channel mapping solved then. Naza reservs 7 channels by default. So only channel 8 is available for pan or tilt but not both. Later on I would like to use a rc shutter macanism. So I need one more channel in future
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:16 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,006 Posts
You are using SBus from Futaba receiver. This sends ppm signal for all channels in one line. Great because it saves wiring mess. Bad because the Naza hogs all the channels.

Naza only needs 5 channels for basic functioning.

All RC receivers can run with individual servo lines, and this Futaba one can for sure. Instead of using the SBus, you just plug in 5 individual servo leads from the receiver to the Naza. disconnect teh SBus line altogether. This is how most Naza are wired up anyways.

like this:
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:38 PM
Switzerland, BE, Berne
Joined Jan 2012
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
You are using SBus from Futaba receiver. This sends ppm signal for all channels in one line. Great because it saves wiring mess. Bad because the Naza hogs all the channels.

Naza only needs 5 channels for basic functioning.

All RC receivers can run with individual servo lines, and this Futaba one can for sure. Instead of using the SBus, you just plug in 5 individual servo leads from the receiver to the Naza. disconnect teh SBus line altogether. This is how most Naza are wired up anyways.

like this:
Thx. I got that. But when I want to use the two x1 x2 channels for the gain then I have 7 channels. Therefore is only one left for pan tilt. One is missing.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:40 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,006 Posts
Well your radio has the channels, you just need the SBus decoder(s) to separate them out for you to assign at will.

I would try just running 8 channels for now - put the x1 on a pot for gain control and leave x2 empty. Or use only pan or tilt with your cam.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 02:05 AM
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
676 Posts
Hello,
I've just bought the Fatshark Attitude SD goggles but I am not very happy.

The picture is very disturbed in the corners, so reading an OSD would be hard.

I've seen some of you guys use the Foxtech AIO...how do you like them?

How do they compare to the Fatsharks (Attitude)? Picture and range?

Regards
CyberCrash is offline Find More Posts by CyberCrash
Last edited by CyberCrash; Apr 20, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old May 05, 2013, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2009
39 Posts
I have tried out my new Foxtech AIO Goggles today Mounted a GPH3 camera and 5,8 GHz Tx on my sons RC Car and set the Goggles up and had some fun driving around.

Everything work as advertised except the Data connection with my JR 11X radio. When connecting the data link there were no power on the Goggles, even with an external battery on the supplied Y lead. it was working perfectly with the power connection.

Any ideas? is the Jr connection wire faulty or the plug or do i have to do something else to get it to work?

Do anybody know what the white and green wires on the Foxtech 400mW tx are for?
ThabaRaptor is offline Find More Posts by ThabaRaptor
Old May 05, 2013, 02:58 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThabaRaptor View Post
I have tried out my new Foxtech AIO Goggles today Mounted a GPH3 camera and 5,8 GHz Tx on my sons RC Car and set the Goggles up and had some fun driving around.

Everything work as advertised except the Data connection with my JR 11X radio. When connecting the data link there were no power on the Goggles, even with an external battery on the supplied Y lead. it was working perfectly with the power connection.

Any ideas? is the Jr connection wire faulty or the plug or do i have to do something else to get it to work?

Do anybody know what the white and green wires on the Foxtech 400mW tx are for?
They are for the audio, the Tx has a mic but u can hook up a different one,
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit