HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2012, 06:52 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Hi guys just a quick reminder to keep your lenses away from the sun. I had mine around my next and they got some sun in for all of about 1 second and now have some very minor burn marks on the left lens!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:47 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
Hi

I'm looking at maybe purchasing these goggles as a second pair for spectators and so my dad and i can fly FPV at the same time.

Has anyone tried both these and the Fatshark dominators and if so what do you prefer?

Do they have any adjustment optically? I wear glasses with a pretty strong presciption and on my current goggles turn it up to the maximum adjustable of + or- 3.5

Thanks

Brett
Hi Brett, these are really nice goggles with a big display that looks really sharp, it doesn't have the optical adjust feature you mentioned but you could easily shift the goggles to find that sweet spot. It is very light too. The only drawback i feel, is it doesn't work with the ImmersionRC 600mw vtx because it runs on odd frequencies.
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencechan View Post
Hi Brett, these are really nice goggles with a big display that looks really sharp, it doesn't have the optical adjust feature you mentioned but you could easily shift the goggles to find that sweet spot. It is very light too. The only drawback i feel, is it doesn't work with the ImmersionRC 600mw vtx because it runs on odd frequencies.
Thanks for your comments, I already have the 200mw 5.8ghz VTX so the incompatibility with immersion gear isnt as much of a problem though it would be nice if that worked as well seeing as the foxtech 500mw 5.8ghz vtx seems to be very poor.
ghost2212 is online now Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:31 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erazotropa View Post
Here you go
Are you sure about this chart?

Im asking because I got a reply from Fu saying this:

Quote:
hi
the 5.8G or 2.4G tx 's 1st CH is the 4th Channel for AIO, then

2nd CH is the 5th Channel for AIO
3rd CH is the 6th Channel for AIO
and so on
thanks
Fu
Fu says CH3 is on AIO ch 6 , you say CH3 is on AIO ch 7.
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
Are you sure about this chart?

Im asking because I got a reply from Fu saying this:

Fu says CH3 is on AIO ch 6 , you say CH3 is on AIO ch 7.
The chart is correct CH 2 is AIO channel 6--just go and range test the channels and try it out for yourself and you will see.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:37 PM
Score board: Rocks-2, Carbon-0
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jan 2008
135 Posts
Hi guys, well I had my first real FPV flight with some used stuff I got here from the For sale section. Any how I bought a set of Used All in One Goggles from Foxtech and the problem I'm having is the goggle picture comes in clean at times then starts to dim in and out and at lots of times it gets so dim that i can barely see a picture in it cause it's so dark. I tried adjusting the contrast and brightness but still the picture is to the poInt that it's unbareable. Any tips or help with thus issue? Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or did I just get stuck with a bad used goggles? I wish I would of just bought all my gear brand new so I don't have to worry or deal with problems like this. I also used a back up monitor and that seemed to have a good picture the whole time while the goggles did not.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
thurssday is offline Find More Posts by thurssday
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
367 Posts
Are most people powering their goggles with a 2s, 3s, or the radio battery? Which battery do you guys recommend? And does anyone have step by step instructions on getting the goggles powered from the 9x radio battery?
sickwitit is offline Find More Posts by sickwitit
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit View Post
Are most people powering their goggles with a 2s, 3s, or the radio battery? Which battery do you guys recommend? And does anyone have step by step instructions on getting the goggles powered from the 9x radio battery?
I use transmitter battery while flying. Keep in mind that with using google transmitter battery runs out much earlier.

At home when testing someting I use 3s lipo or 2s which is available at the moment.
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:35 AM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
367 Posts
What size lipo do you guys recommend using to power these goggles? How long will a 3s 1000mah battery power it? Are you guys velcro-ing them to the back of the radio?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:50 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
I am using one of the seasoned 800mah 3S packs that are still good but no longer powerful enough to meet the demands of my Trex250 heli.

This-size lipo fits in most TXs' battery compartment. Basically, I'm using this lipo in my DX7 transmitter and I have a little pig tail (with a female JST connector) sticking out though a small gap that I made by filing away a small chuck off the edge of the Transmitter battery cover.

When I need to fly FPV, I simply connect the goggle's power cable to that little pig tail's JST plug.
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,814 Posts
I like to just run mine off the TX battery with the included headtracker/power cable. Only one battery to bother with and charge. I have a lipo in the TX, like the ones you can get from HK.

If I ever do use them with the power cable, I usually just use a 2200 mah battery and stick it in my pocket. I dont know how long they will run like this, but seems to be much longer than you might care to fly.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:47 PM
Lewisville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
I like to just run mine off the TX battery with the included headtracker/power cable. Only one battery to bother with and charge. I have a lipo in the TX, like the ones you can get from HK.

If I ever do use them with the power cable, I usually just use a 2200 mah battery and stick it in my pocket. I dont know how long they will run like this, but seems to be much longer than you might care to fly.
Yeah, us with Turnigy radios aren't so lucky
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:27 AM
QiW
south east asia
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thurssday View Post
Hi guys, well I had my first real FPV flight with some used stuff I got here from the For sale section. Any how I bought a set of Used All in One Goggles from Foxtech and the problem I'm having is the goggle picture comes in clean at times then starts to dim in and out and at lots of times it gets so dim that i can barely see a picture in it cause it's so dark. I tried adjusting the contrast and brightness but still the picture is to the poInt that it's unbareable. Any tips or help with thus issue? Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or did I just get stuck with a bad used goggles? I wish I would of just bought all my gear brand new so I don't have to worry or deal with problems like this. I also used a back up monitor and that seemed to have a good picture the whole time while the goggles did not.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
i do face this problem too sometimes ... with a 200mW 5.8 vtx directly transmitting to the AIO (for flying my multicopters)
but i also use a 10mW 5.8 vtx to relay signal from my main 1.2ghz system (for flying my planes) and that dim in/out thing does not happen ..

the 200mW has gone thru a few crashes but it seems like it is still functioning so i still use it but i do suspect my 200mW 5.8 vtx is faulty rather than the AIO coz it works fine when relaying signal using another 5.8g vtx (10mW)
QiW is offline Find More Posts by QiW
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:29 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QiW View Post
i do face this problem too sometimes ... with a 200mW 5.8 vtx directly transmitting to the AIO (for flying my multicopters)
but i also use a 10mW 5.8 vtx to relay signal from my main 1.2ghz system (for flying my planes) and that dim in/out thing does not happen ..

the 200mW has gone thru a few crashes but it seems like it is still functioning so i still use it but i do suspect my 200mW 5.8 vtx is faulty rather than the AIO coz it works fine when relaying signal using another 5.8g vtx (10mW)
Hello,
Can you describe me how you connected 5,8 10mw to 1,2ghz for relaying?
Thanks
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:25 PM
QiW
south east asia
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
here is a picture of how i do it ...
that way i can walk around without being attached to anything

QiW is offline Find More Posts by QiW