HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:29 PM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
does them have saturation control?

Headplay got this option too, not just brightness and contrast.

Would be nice if the AIO could have the saturation too, some cameras return washed out colors and this way would be more realistic the view.

i still think a nice upgrade could be OLED panels, because rather than with CCFL based LCD screen, the colors are vivid solid colorsk, and not illuminated colors. (black is black, you know)

a built in microSD reader for record flight without the need of external recorders would make the goggles truly "All in One". (in fact i think fatshark is already thinking about this feature)

you guess wich one is oled and wich one lcd? contrast ratio is amazing with oled, and colors more natural

Saturation, YES ! A second 1 for the onboard recorder, But walla, I'll do a review with the smal DVR recorder on foxtechFPV.com It's really small and I'll do the test with ONBOARD recording and the Record from glasses test.
Guizmo12 is offline Find More Posts by Guizmo12
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guizmo12 View Post
Saturation, YES ! A second 1 for the onboard recorder, But walla, I'll do a review with the smal DVR recorder on foxtechFPV.com It's really small and I'll do the test with ONBOARD recording and the Record from glasses test.

yes, AIO goggles have saturation adjustment function,
brightness and contrast adjustment is by buttons on the goggles.
best regards,
Fu
glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,121 Posts
nice, then now just oled and dvr last :P

emagin manufacturer quite nice micro oled displays and optics, maybe you want take a look for next versions

wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:24 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Can you list all of the frequencies the Rx's work on? Thanks.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:44 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Feb 2004
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
contrast ratio is amazing with oled, and colors more natural
I don't know about "natural"; the gamut varies wildly from display to display. It makes more sense to compare specific displays than to bloviate about a particular technology in that context.

OLED displays are much less mature than LCD at this point in the game. They also have serious issues with aging (perhaps not a big deal given that most FPV gear is going to be outdated in a year or two). Let's see some specific microdisplay comparisons, and be sure that you consider things like whether the display is actually available, and what it costs in the small quantities that are involved here.

= Mike
DrZiplok is offline Find More Posts by DrZiplok
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:32 AM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
815 Posts
Ya, good colors, but price :/.... will you be willing to pay around 600$ with the inboard DVR, OLED display and everything AIO.... OUTCH !
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:00 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2006
1,287 Posts
got an email 2day from bevrc.com $400.99 blk version.free shipping...hmmm tempting....
wish they have a 1.2ghz ver. so some peeps don't have to spend to much $$ upgrading.. like some of us shy away from 2.4ghz cuz most controls are 2.4ghz..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:27 PM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
815 Posts
pretty sűre it does not have the headtraker of foxtech. Let glass fox responce to that. 1.2 is illigal in US. And you can still use your 1.2ghz cause the next gen will come with a 10mw 5.8 VTX. So
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:48 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2006
1,287 Posts
it say headtracking..
1.2ghz 1w is legal in .ca ..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Nov 29, 2010, 05:00 PM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
815 Posts
ya but HT does not mean ll ht like glassfox said. If it does not come from his website he cannot garanti it is the same thing.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 06:53 PM
USA, TX, Coppell
Joined Oct 2010
96 Posts
question for glassfox.. i'm in USA so I need to use 900mhz trans and receiver (which I already own) can I get a 5.8 trans to piggy back from my 900 without interference . I also run a futaba 7c 2.4 Ghz, I assume the headtrack is simple pluggin ? so the last peice would be the camera ptz .. I assume just plug into ch 5 and 6 ?
also any chance you would put a 900mhz receiver in the goggles ?

sorry i'm new to this and not a member of a rc club so got to figure it all out on my own... thanks !
imyomama is offline Find More Posts by imyomama
Last edited by imyomama; Nov 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 29, 2010, 08:10 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyomama View Post
question for glassfox.. i'm in USA so I need to use 900mhz trans and receiver (which I already own) can I get a 5.8 trans to piggy back from my 900 without interference . I also run a futaba 7c 2.4 Ghz, I assume the headtrack is simple pluggin ? so the last peice would be the camera ptz .. I assume just plug into ch 5 and 6 ?
also any chance you would put a 900mhz transmitter in the goggles ?

sorry i'm new to this and not a member of a rc club so got to figure it all out on my own... thanks !
hi, imyomama
AIO goggles can adapt to any frequency transmitter,900mhz, 1.2G
next version AIO goggles will have a 10mw 5.8TG tx that allows you connect it to you original video rx's av out, you still use AIO goggles to receive 5.8G signal but the image is from your orignial receiver.
see the attachment

FOXTECH,
Fu
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:03 AM
USA, TX, Coppell
Joined Oct 2010
96 Posts
I mean 900mhz receiver built in the goggles ...duh!!! for us in the USA , 2.4 for the radio , and 5.8 is just not good enough distance wise .. so a 900 would be nice !!
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:15 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyomama View Post
I mean 900mhz receiver built in the goggles ...duh!!! for us in the USA , 2.4 for the radio , and 5.8 is just not good enough distance wise .. so a 900 would be nice !!
hi, imyomama
you will tell no difference if you follow my way, just use 10mw5.8G tx to transfer the video from you 900mhz rx to the goggle, it's proved very successuful and stable, the best of all ,you can sit in your car and fly ,and do not need to fear the car roof could block 900mhz signal
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2010, 10:28 AM
USA, TX, Coppell
Joined Oct 2010
96 Posts
cool .. can you pm me some info on how to setup the head tracking for futaba 7c ?