SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:54 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,603 Posts
the micro power data radio is designed mainly for model car fpv coz most rc car radios only have 2-3 channel ,impossible to use HT, i don't suggest to use that data radio to control pan/tilt on the plane if you decide to go far, just grap a radio like yours, it will be fine
glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Foxtech K130 V3 Presentation
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:03 AM
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined Jun 2008
463 Posts
Glassfox,
This is a very tempting product / Christmas present...how much does it cost to ship to Hong Kong?

PS Seems like my brand new Fatsharks are now an old toy!
Levendis is offline Find More Posts by Levendis
Last edited by Levendis; Nov 25, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,603 Posts
PM sent, it's 4.5 USD to Hongkong
i really wish international shipping is such cheap too.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:49 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts

take a look guys, black rubber make them so beautifull
wish they had a more reasonable price
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Nov 25, 2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:42 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,603 Posts
the color is not the point, don't fasten the head band too much, and we are discussing about make foam version shade, in black color of course, should benefit people who don't wear glasses.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:18 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,072 Posts
I think you need to be able to adjust the space between the lenses. Not everyone has the same size head. Mine is huge for example.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:49 AM
Joined Jun 2008
463 Posts
Sounds like the eye relief may be further away than the fatsharks; implying that the field of view would be smaller, therefore IPD adjustment may not be as critical. But then again my head is very big too, muahahaha
Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:13 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,603 Posts
hmm, i will use two cameras to stimulate eyes on extra hug heads,
this goggles is not like headplay, you don't need to adjust distance between lens to get a clear view. so far , nobody complains unclear image. but we still will do a test.

Fu
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:22 AM
Joined Jun 2008
463 Posts
Glassfox - isn't it easier and more useful just to find someone with a big head to try on the glasses?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:32 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
My guess is the optics are properly built and therefore are not sensitive to side-to-side changes, as you might have with varying IPD's. The Fatshark's and Headplay's that I've tested are VERY sensitive to any side to side movement of your eyes, due to inferior optics. The lenses they use are very small (an attempt at reducing cost I guess), but because of that, then they are very sensitive to viewing angle. You get either a distorted view or clipping of the image if they are not perfectly lined up with your eyes. That's why they have the IPD adjustments. But even so, I'm still not impressed with those as I still get clipped images.

In contrast, my old old I-Glasses (older version of these: http://www.i-glassesstore.com/ig-hrvpro.html) have excellent optics. You can shift the glasses on your head side to side by at least a centimeter and still have a very good image. So they are not sensitive to varying IPD's, and therefore don't need IPD adjustments. Only problem with them is since they are so old, the resolution is very bad (by today's standards).

I would very much like to try the Foxtech glasses, but unfortunately they are pretty expensive right now.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:02 AM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,603 Posts
please take a look at the following pics, they are snaps from the demo video,
you can even see the image when the camera is about 2-3cm from the lense.
so i think big head and differernt distance between eyes should be no problem.
Guizmo12 have both newest version fatshark and my goggles, maybe he can give use a more detailed comparison.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:26 AM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
2,712 Posts
Looks like a great product. It seems this hobby keeps producing better and better equipment. Keep it up!
skunkworks2006 is offline Find More Posts by skunkworks2006
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:32 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,372 Posts
If you could have the option of no HT, no 2.4ghz, no 5.8ghz, I would be more interested. I only have one thing (a robot) on 2.4ghz, don't plan on using 5.8ghz and I use a mechHT with JR. The steep price with features I will never use is what is turning me off right now...
ziomatrixacs is offline Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:54 AM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
811 Posts
Zio... the all point of these glasses is the AIO if you want a base take other ones, I've flown today with my kit EZ in 2.4ghz and my tricopter in 5.8ghz.. Its just a cool and SIMPLE set-up. It make the trip to the field and the field it self much more enjoyable. Just bring the plane the glasses and some batteries for the planes and THATS IT !.

You can convert you Omni flight in semi-long range or long range in a few seconds.

The optics is better on the Foxtech. As I said in a earlier post, VRflyer, CNDSteph and I have tested it and the IPD was perfect for the 3 of us. No need to adjust anything. It's really a HI-QUALITY product. The field of view is good too. Smaller than the EVG922 but the clarity of the image is the same.

And I has said, the price is worth the quality of the headtracker, the optics, the quantity of settings, the simpler way to use it (with the OSD).
Guizmo12 is offline Find More Posts by Guizmo12
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
does them have saturation control?

Headplay got this option too, not just brightness and contrast.

Would be nice if the AIO could have the saturation too, some cameras return washed out colors and this way would be more realistic the view.

i still think a nice upgrade could be OLED panels, because rather than with CCFL based LCD screen, the colors are vivid solid colorsk, and not illuminated colors. (black is black, you know)

a built in microSD reader for record flight without the need of external recorders would make the goggles truly "All in One". (in fact i think fatshark is already thinking about this feature)

you guess wich one is oled and wich one lcd? contrast ratio is amazing with oled, and colors more natural

wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Nov 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM.