Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:36 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,960 Posts
You can not compare Foxtech goggle price directly with Fatshark Goggle. Fatshark goggle don`t have headtracker in it.

I tried Foxtech goggle with Guizmo last week end, and I agree with him, they are awesome in my opinion. Very light, excellent picture quality, headtracker work very well (auto drift correction), diopter lens can be add. The price is justify and not so expensive if you think that you will use headtracker.

I prefer the Foxtech overall compare to the first version of Fatshark goggle. But it is important to say that Fatshark goggle second version (aviator 2010) use similar optic and are also a good choice if you do not want headtracker
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:59 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
as far as i know they are all shipped from HongKong
all FPV shops made a very big investment to purchase fatsharks, with low margin of win, so i don't think they are going to buy too those goggles, wich are 2x the price
the most cheap site to buy them is hobbycity to date, they are also at himodel and foxtech
hi, please understand, we make the goggles ,not hobbycity, and we don't know if their goggles even have acceleromoter and compass inside, coz we did sell about 30 pieces to a unnamed company long time ago. and the goggles actually had 3 version,
version 1: only magnetic headtrack, not moving accurately,pass
version 2: has accelerometer and magnetic compass, moving weird, not correct the heading correctly, pass
version 3: the current FOXTECH version, has gyro, accelerometer and magnetic compass, so that's why it can correct the drift
so i can't guarantee the goggles they sell is 100% same to ours.

here is a video i tested based on the newest version, so you can see i don't need to reset the headtrack during fly.
AIO goggles, follow A UAV (3 min 48 sec)

and here is also some pics of my new wraping box.
this new box would make the shipping weight less than 400g, so the shipping can be greatly saved.

we are also planning to add one 5.8G 10mw tx in the box as standdard
why should i do it?
coz it should benefit everyone.
if you use 900mhz or 1.3G, and you still like AIO goggles, you can connect the 10mw 5.8G tx to the av output of your own video receiver, then use AIO goggles to receive the signal transfered by the 10mw 5.8G tx,
you can also use it to watch REMOTE television or play REMOTE PSIII or XBOX

glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
what abut flytech ? they have very professional box and kit,

who is the real manufacturer here?

hobbycity by them directly to you glassfox?

the new box looks a bit cheap for a 450$ product, but its okey, better than the aluminium box in my opinion, cheaper and more light
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:44 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,532 Posts
Quote:
what abut flytech ? they have very professional box and kit,

who is the real manufacturer here?

hobbycity by them directly to you glassfox?

the new box looks a bit cheap for a 450$ product, but its okey, better than the aluminium box in my opinion, cheaper and more light
The most important thing is , with the new box , you save about 10-15 USD shipping , the box is just a sample , a printed and hand cutted one, real box will be more beautiful, if you have seen Guai 330x 's box, they are similar.
I admit the sample looks a bit shabby.

i heard a rumor that hobbycity is not going to sell hobby toys, i don't know if it's true, they are also selling fatshark cheaper than factory price.
so I think they will not continue to sell AIO goggles either.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:31 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,532 Posts
I want to thank Guizmo12 for the excellent review, also good to have some expert to test a new equipment and give comment.
we decide to make a foam shade and also keep the rubber shade, the best thing of rubber shade is you don't get sweating heavily when wear it in summer and it also allow you to wear short sight glasses and AIO goggles at the same time
anyway, comfort is also a very important factor that we should consider
and we will try our best to make a near-perfect product
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox View Post
we will try our best to make a near-perfect product
what about IPD adjustment and an OLED display rather than LCD ? better color and contrast.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
801 Posts
glassfox.. This is really a good news ! The foam is really confortable, but I cant wait this summer to see if i swet a lot :P

The foam Ive used is not suposse to do like a sponge... But we never know until Ive test it, or someone with no winter like mine test it
Guizmo12 is offline Find More Posts by Guizmo12
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:39 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,532 Posts
Quote:
what about IPD adjustment and an OLED display rather than LCD ? better color and contrast.
ok, let's put that on the list, what do we need else? how about some cool LEDs on it, so it should look like a chrismas tree at night, and you can be a very visible target during night fly
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:32 AM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,960 Posts
wow I understand better now why your headtracker is so good. You had made a very good job with the Foxtech goggle.
I was not knowing other goggle copy of your Foxtech was different, I will recommend to everyone to buy your goggle and not the copy, because we are not sure if the headtracker is good as your headtracker

My thumb up for your goggle !
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Nov 24, 2010, 02:01 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
For me, these goggles would have been perfect if there was an addition without the headtracker (don't use this function). perhaps a downgraded version is possible ?

anyway, it seems like a great product !
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Nov 24, 2010, 08:17 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
How about a version without the built in receivers? That would help reduce the cost to something more attractive.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:48 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,532 Posts
different version FOXTECH AIO goggles

So far, we don't have a plan to make different version, however..hah, this should be good news to everyone, a wireless plug-one will be made for the AIO goggles to make it possible to control pan/tilt by its own. , Enjoy headtrack on JR radio and Car radios! have a model car race with headtracking should be very realistic
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:12 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
whats the sense of make it wireless the HT if you still need a cable for the battery?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:10 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,532 Posts
Quote:
whats the sense of make it wireless the HT if you still need a cable for the battery?
the wireless data radio to control the pan/tilt will be in a small box together with battery.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:38 AM
Montreal, quebec, canada
Joined Jun 2007
801 Posts
GlassFox... you mean like a Video TX with 2 channel receiver incl ? Not sur to understand why ? It has to be real good too cause if you want to go far around 3 or 4 km... the link must be goood....
Guizmo12 is offline Find More Posts by Guizmo12