SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:58 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
722 Posts
New Product
Giant B-25 1470mm EPO by FMS

Just saw the Nitroplanes video of the pre-production B-25 from FMS and want to bring it to FMS fans attention. Enjoy!

New Airfield 1470mm B-25 Bomber Overview (11 min 58 sec)

Plane looks great with the E-tracts/sequenced doors and many gunners/bombardier. 4S system so more power and bigger than the HC hobby (eRC) B-25. Though Tony said 2200mAh is already too big to close the hatch properly. I suppose an even bigger battery is needed for decent flight time.

BTW, I really like the fresh intro and quality of Nitroplane demo videos. I can't stop watching ones on the new Exceed F-18 and Mig-15, too. Can't wait to see what's next.
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turbinefancy; Nov 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:52 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
This one has been on my shopping list for some time now!

Now it's a matter of when Nitro will introduce this puppy to the market?

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:22 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
This looks so cool. Can't wait!
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:55 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post
Plane looks great with the E-tracts/sequenced doors and many gunners/bombardier. 4S system so more power and bigger than the HC hobby (eRC) B-25. Though Tony said 2200mAh is already to big to close the hatch properly. I suppose a even bigger battery is needed for decent flight time.

BTW, I really like the fresh intro and quality of Nitroplane demo videos. I can't stop watching ones on the new Exceed F-18 and Mig-15, too. Can't wait to see what's next.
Hi,

well, actually that plane is supposed to run on 3S-3300-batteries, at least that's what everyone else states including the manufacturer himself and Philip from PW-RC.
So that is probably the reason that he couldn't get a 4S to fit in there. Maybe someone should tell Tony before he toasts the ESCs and/or motors on the maiden...

Other than that, I really like those videos, too. Very good first impression and in combination with the flight review videos, these Nitroplanes vids are one of the most valuable sources to get an overview of a new plane!

Best wishes,
Bernhard

P.S.: to those who still think this bird is the same model as the Apache Princess/Heavenly Body from HC-Hobby: just look at the size, the FMS B25 is noticably larger than the HC-Hobby, you can tell after having seen it standing next to a person in the Nitro-vid. At HL, you can see someone holding the plane... the size difference seems to be quite significant just from looking at it...
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Last edited by Beltpilot; Nov 23, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:40 AM
Pennsylvania
Joined Jun 2010
895 Posts
And complete with half a dozen goofy's

Should be pretty cool.
alucard0822 is offline Find More Posts by alucard0822
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:27 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Something tells me the specs are off on this. If Tony is told a 4s and the site says 3s chances are the specs are off somewhere. I wont believe that this plane is any bigger till we get some side by side comparisons. I have owned the eRC B-25 and this one, which has its notable differences, is the same.

Differences to note are:
There are no fake motors in the nacelles -
A Crew -
A flat Horizontal Stabilizer +
Predrilled holes for the guns +
Modeled gun housing in the nose +
Light position on the wings +
Colors of the lights -
Better wing supports +++
Motor nacelles attach differently ? on if this is a good thing or bad thing
Different servo locations for the rudder and elevator ? as to the effect on CG
Rudders look beefier +++

Similarities are:
Same retracts and sequencing doors.
Same battery hatch
Same motors
Probably same escs

Basically they reworked a few visual aspects and the way the plane is put together but the airframe is the same.

My 1 true hope is that it is made from a different foam then the eRC. The dense nature of the foam made for a heavy airframe before any of the electronics made it in. If FMS uses a better/lighter foam then I think this plane will be a winner. Someone else is going to have to bite off into this first though. I love the plane but have no intentions of getting burned again on the same airframe.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Jun 2005
844 Posts
PW-RC shipped

My B-25 just was put in mail. Received a email from Philip at PW-RC.
It was in the mail 55 minutes ago. That was less than 12 hours after I placed order. FAST SERVICE!!
This is just a little larger scale than pw-rc B-17.
Intrested to see the servoless retracts to see if it will fit in my B-17's.
Spaceshuttle1 is offline Find More Posts by Spaceshuttle1
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:38 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Nice, Philip really takes care of his cutomers. It took a week and 1 day to get my Cessna from him.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:48 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Basically they reworked a few visual aspects and the way the plane is put together but the airframe is the same.
OP, are you sure about that? I really doubt it very much...
either Tony is a very small person, or the FMS B25 is larger.
Also, he might have mixed something up with those batteries, as all of the other FMS-birds are shipped with 4S 2200mAh lipos.
Btw, the ESCs on this plane are 40Amps so they are not the same as in the HC...
Also, on the HC, the nacelles are part of the wing molds. On the FMS, they are separate parts. I know, I know... you actually had the HC and I just studied the manual, but I am pretty sure...

Spaceshuttle, great you already pulled the trigger, so we will know for sure very soon!

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:51 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2008
1,570 Posts
I too have the HC-Hobby Version, at first I thought both were identical, but after studying the pics more closely, I came to the conclusion they were two different animals. The molding of the fuse is slightly different in regards to panel lines.
Manu Simon is offline Find More Posts by Manu Simon
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:05 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
OP, are you sure about that? I really doubt it very much...
either Tony is a very small person, or the FMS B25 is larger.
Also, he might have mixed something up with those batteries, as all of the other FMS-birds are shipped with 4S 2200mAh lipos.
Btw, the ESCs on this plane are 40Amps so they are not the same as in the HC...
Also, on the HC, the nacelles are part of the wing molds. On the FMS, they are separate parts. I know, I know... you actually had the HC and I just studied the manual, but I am pretty sure...

Spaceshuttle, great you already pulled the trigger, so we will know for sure very soon!

Cheers,
Bernhard
I am pretty sure Tony is my height which is 5'6". The eRC looks huge next to me too. The nacelles are 2 parts on the eRC version as well but they come glued on so its just a difference in manufacture build involvement The escs I chucked out of the eRC were 40 amp escs too. Props are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Simon View Post
I too have the HC-Hobby Version, at first I thought both were identical, but after studying the pics more closely, I came to the conclusion they were two different animals. The molding of the fuse is slightly different in regards to panel lines.
I see what you mean about the panel lines.

So the big question is, if your remolding this plane, why use the same type of door setup, same motors and such. Just seems like a lot of work to produce something so close to what already exists.

Still though, the redeeming quality will be the foam. If they produced it in a different foam then I will be more inclined to put this back on my list. Airframe only of course.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:05 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,834 Posts
it looks almost like a redone hobbly lobby B-25

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/b25_apach...325000-banner1
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:29 AM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
722 Posts
eRC/HC Hobby vs. FMS Wing Span Difference

A simple check of specs from Hobby Lobby site for the eRC B-25 yields: Wingspan 53-1/4 in = 1353 mm
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/b25_apach...325000-banner1 click on Specifications

Nitroplanes video spec: 1470 mm = 57-7/8 in

Length Conversion 1 in = 25.4mm

CASE SETTLED - DIFFERENT PLANES.....
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turbinefancy; Nov 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
I understand that but specs have been wrong on the battery and if there is any doubt you throw it out. Its obvious that its the same plane but reworked in different aspects.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:37 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,834 Posts
turbinefancy

Agreed , but look carefully at some of the details like
the blister guns next to cockpit ,landing gear and other features
like they made a slightly larger version

I'm hoping that also made some improvement's from the hobby lobby
one , that one had a lot of problems