HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:32 PM
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy Mini Mems/SJGD Mini Mems Programming Box Help

I recently purchased a Turnigy Mini Mems from HK which comes with the Programming Box.

The programming itself seems relatively straight forward however I had problems initially trying to decipher the wiring connections from Gyro to Box.

Now all I get when I try to connect is the following message sequence:

Power On:

- HELLO
- READ .?.
- Comlegal

The last word "Comlegal" appears after about a minute.

Resetting the programmer with the reset underneath give the following message sequence:

Power On:

- HELLO
- READ ...
- Comlegal

i.e. no question mark - until the next attempt.

The Gyro works when hovering - but no extents, limits etc have been set.

I did have the first prompt after "Read" of "Servo Type" the first time but now nothing...

Is it defective or is there some other way of resetting do you know...? Can I reset the Gyro separately in any way?

Your help would be appreciated.

Jon
jon6565 is offline Find More Posts by jon6565
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:02 AM
Sunny Sheff, UK
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
This probably won't help as you've already reset the gyro and I'm sure you've tried everything else. I thought I'd post it anyway. It's from Inertia. I saw your post on Heliguy and someone mentioned contacting SJGD if you can't get it working. They should at least be able to tell you why it's not working. Good luck.

Connecting your Nano gyro to the LCD Programmer

1. Ensure the heli/Rx is turned OFF.
2. Connect the Nano red plug to the Rx GAIN channel (e.g. Gear, Aux 2 etc.)
3. Connect the Nano black plug to the Rx RUDDER channel
4. Connect the Nano female plug to the Rudder servo
5. Turn on your Tx
6. Turn on your Heli (at least the Rx power). You MUST do this before connecting the Programmer.
7. Disconnect the Nano red plug from the Rx and connect it to the LCD Programmer’s female lead.
8. Connect the Programmer’s male lead into the Rx GAIN channel where you just removed the Nano red lead. The programmer should now go through its initialisation phase: “HELLO” -> “READ .?.” and then display the first menu item. It is now ready to program the gyro.
9. Configure the gyro
10. Disconnect the Programmer, reconnect the gyro red lead to the heli
11. Turn off the heli/Rx
It is very important that you follow the sequence. Power up your TX/Helicopter THEN attach the LCD. Once programming is done, unplug the LCD and then power the system OFF.
Configuring the Nano gyro via the LCD Programmer
Use the F+/F- keys to navigate the menu.
Use the 10+/10- and 1+/1- keys to adjust the values.
Most users find the default values work well and typically only need to change the servo type, direction, left and right travel range and add some negative rudder expo (try -50% to start).
chipbutty is offline Find More Posts by chipbutty
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:55 PM
Joined Sep 2008
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipbutty View Post
Most users find the default values work well and typically only need to change the servo type, direction, left and right travel range and add some negative rudder expo (try -50% to start).
Thanks chip'... I think the last line sums it up for me! I have found some infor on the correct connection procedure. I find it hard to comprehend however that correcting it in another sequence can render it useless after that point. That's how it seems.

Thanks anyway
jon6565 is offline Find More Posts by jon6565
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:43 AM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Guys, just to check. I haven't tried the above correct sequence yet but after connecting everything and powering up mine won't even display anything except a row of black boxes. I'm just hoping it's not actually toast. The gyro works fine though but needs some endpoint adjustments.

Btw, does it have stick mode programming in case the programming box is hosed?
kutyafal is offline Find More Posts by kutyafal
Old Dec 02, 2010, 02:38 PM
mSR,120SR,4G6S,UFLYS,1#A, v450d
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2010
134 Posts
Well, it seems my programmer box is dead. I followed the connection sequence and all I get on the box is a row of faint boxes in place where the characters should be...

Now I don't know if it's worth it to send it back to HK or just get another one (the gyro itself is good) for the programming card...
kutyafal is offline Find More Posts by kutyafal
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:15 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutyafal View Post
Well, it seems my programmer box is dead. I followed the connection sequence and all I get on the box is a row of faint boxes in place where the characters should be...

Now I don't know if it's worth it to send it back to HK or just get another one (the gyro itself is good) for the programming card...
I know it's been a while, but in such a case I'd try to open it up and see if the wires are connected properly inside. What's to lose?

I've replaced several LCD screens (for other devices, mind you) myself and sometimes came across a screen that only showed black boxes. Once it turned out to be a contrast thing, the other time a loose wire I had missed when putting things back together again.

These things don't break easily (unless maybe when connecting the power wire the wrong way around when it comes to positive negative).
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old May 15, 2012, 02:15 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Hello, i recently bought 2 Turnigy MEMS Gyros for my Ecilop system but i'm having some problems programming them..

I followed the procedure many times and changing somethings but i'm not lucky..
When i power the programming card it say HELLO--> READ.?.
and it stay in this mode without any chance to go in the setup!!

This is my very first experience with Gyros and any help will be really well appreciated!

Suggestions ??

Sardinia Multirotors
www.brombo.it
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo