HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:37 AM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Chris, Does it look like you'll be getting any Blue/yellow 58" Extra's, any time soon?
If you can find one of those you'll been in for a treat! I'm still flying my RWB 58" Extra......and even though the design is a few years old, it flies as well as anything on the market. Plus it just looks good!
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:44 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,222 Posts
Quote:
Well I did it.. It wasn't intentional, but I sold every balsa plane I owen, except my EF 48" Edge, and 48" MXS.. Now I have my sights set on this beautiful Bird. I didn't plan it, but I'm hooked on EF. I really want a blue, and yellow 58" extra if they come back in stock?

Chris, Does it look like you'll be getting any Blue/yellow 58" Extra's, any time soon?
Tim,

I did the exact same thing after I bought my 48" Edge. To me the EF planes just have that "feel" to them when in the air. It's hard to describe other than to say they have a balanced feel, meaning they are not compromising in any aspect of the flight envelope to help another aspect. They just feel "right".

Chris, is the airfoil you use in the 48" EXP's consistant thru out your whole line including the 60"?

dawg
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:47 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
You will always hear me say, The One thing I love about Extreme Flight is their Exellent Canopies and Cowls; they don't feel cheap at all.

Fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:51 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
You will always hear me say, The One thing I love about Extreme Flight is their Exellent Canopies and Cowls; they don't feel cheap at all.

Fred
True.

I forgot to mention the excellent construction techniques.
r/cdawg is online now Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:53 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
I've sold my parkzone junk and blade heli too. I'm down to just two planes now with a DW foamy on the way. My plan is to own only DW and ExtremeFlight going forward. I'm thinking about selling my big, heavy, ugly stick. But I just can't seem to part with it.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 03, 2010, 10:10 AM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
What's the difference in flight characteristics on the Edge EXP compared to the MXS EXP? I love how Edges 3D extremely stable and easily but love the scheme on the Red MXS. I also would love to see these both in 100CC sizes.

Joe
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:07 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Well I did it.. It wasn't intentional, but I sold every balsa plane I owen, except my EF 48" Edge, and 48" MXS.. Now I have my sights set on this beautiful Bird. I didn't plan it, but I'm hooked on EF. I really want a blue, and yellow 58" extra if they come back in stock?

haha Tim.. You are more then welcome to fly my RWB 58 inch. Its an awesome ship man.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:18 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Wow, Mark do you have every plane made
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:27 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
Wow, Mark do you have every plane made
LOL -- And then some which aren't even listed. My issues now pal is kid # 3 as me zonked. Lets not even start about helis. I have just about every TRex except the 700 and 550. (550 will be in my hands soon).
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:33 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
haha Tim.. You are more then welcome to fly my RWB 58 inch. Its an awesome ship man.

Thanks Man! Wana sell it?
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Man! Wana sell it?
3 years to get one. No thanks. Just knowing I have it helps me sleep better at night.

Can't wait for Chris to say pre-order. I have $$$ ready to spend on a blue/yellow edge..
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:00 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
Oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
3 years to get one. No thanks. Just knowing I have it helps me sleep better at night.

Can't wait for Chris to say pre-order. I have $$$ ready to spend on a blue/yellow edge..
This is a well known fact the Mark,,,,lost a lot of sleep due to this plane...Let's blame Chris from Extreme Flight.

fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:34 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Looks like Hitec has a new servo that will fit this thing. A little pricey not out yet.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...42.79126982402
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Last edited by Slats!; Dec 03, 2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:57 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
Looks like Hitec has a new servo that will fit this thing. A little pricey not out yet.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...42.79126982402
Have seen those HV servos.

But I dont see the point of spending extra money for HV servos on this size airplane.

Weight saving? probably not.
More torque ? Hmm, how about 5245 MG ?

Purchased the HS 5665 MH ($55.00 each) servos vs. 5625 MG ($45.00 each). Performance and center are about the same. I saved $15 on Rx baterry by switching from Life 6.6v to 2s Lipo. Still dont get it.

vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
People have had issues with the 5245s, I have seen them in action. Not trying to flame Hitec I love all the ones I own but I don't think I want to spend $$ on servos that I have physically witnessed give people grief.

Anyone consider the futaba 9650s for this. The only negative that I can see is they are plastic gears wonder if this is calling for a disaster...... BTW I see Andrew Jesky has been testing his new Slick 59 inch with these servos and has been saying some pretty good things about them. Also one of the top pattern pilots is also using them in some of his applications... Faster, lighter supposed to be very accurate.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!