HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2011, 06:16 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
And as you go around the beltway I'm on the right in VA.
Lot of traffic there right now.. My brother and his wife are driving back down and so is my best friend and his wife.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2011, 08:21 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Lot of traffic there right now.. My brother and his wife are driving back down and so is my best friend and his wife.
Oh yeah it's a bugger, especially the Springfield mixing bowl. I used to go through it twice a day into and out of the city while it was still under construction, that was fun. I live just south of Fairfax and drive the back roads to the airport in Manassas every day now, 35 and 40 mph speed limit for about 80% of my commute. But I go against traffic so it's pretty mellow drive, the biggest obstacle I face is the idiots on their cell phones as they cross over on the wrong side of the road and almost hit me head on. It's a very narrow, hilly, winding road with trees all along the edge so there is nowhere to go to avoid a headon collision. Still no worse than the BQE, my son lives in Brooklyn so we get up there once in a while. One of these days I want to bring a plane with me up there and hook up with all the NY and NJ guys, so far I am planning on making the NJ throwdown. I missed it last year because we had already made our regular vacation plans for that time.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Apr 08, 2011, 09:58 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Oh yeah it's a bugger, especially the Springfield mixing bowl. I used to go through it twice a day into and out of the city while it was still under construction, that was fun. I live just south of Fairfax and drive the back roads to the airport in Manassas every day now, 35 and 40 mph speed limit for about 80% of my commute. But I go against traffic so it's pretty mellow drive, the biggest obstacle I face is the idiots on their cell phones as they cross over on the wrong side of the road and almost hit me head on. It's a very narrow, hilly, winding road with trees all along the edge so there is nowhere to go to avoid a headon collision. Still no worse than the BQE, my son lives in Brooklyn so we get up there once in a while. One of these days I want to bring a plane with me up there and hook up with all the NY and NJ guys, so far I am planning on making the NJ throwdown. I missed it last year because we had already made our regular vacation plans for that time.
When ever your in NY just let me know.. You can come over to Floyd Bennett.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:03 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
Livinma1 you got driving duties for the Throwdown! I will drive back unless u want my car and no AC
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:07 PM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
I'd rather drive through New York five times than drive through DC once.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:09 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
Livinma1 you got driving duties for the Throwdown! I will drive back unless u want my car and no AC
Oh yeah Freddy... No AC in July doesn't fly so we will be taking my minivan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk View Post
I'd rather drive through New York five times than drive through DC once.
Is it that bad..
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:11 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
God, I got money for planes and forget about AC....
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Apr 08, 2011, 10:26 PM
You're good!
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
God, I got money for planes and forget about AC....
There's a man with his priorities straight.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 03:35 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk View Post
There's a man with his priorities straight.
I sold a car one time, because the AC didn't work.. There's nothing worse than hot, black, leather seats, with no Air!!!

I just finished wiring my 48" edge, night lights... Just in time!!! I'm working today, and leaving for Seff tonight!! Can't wait!!!!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:05 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
I recommend using Infinite motor instead of the GForce. The performance is about 30% stronger and the built quality is way better for $32.00. The Infinite A4020-540kv (292g) is very good for a 5s or 6s setup.

I've tested Hacker, Motrolfly, Infinite, Rimfire, Turnigy, GForce, and Exceed RC. Infinite motors give you the best bang for the buck.

The Rimfire motors are at least twice the cost but do not perform any better and get really hot.

Hacker & Motrolfly are a bit better than Infinite, but twice to tripple the cost.

Btw, you dont want to put a GForce motor on this beautiful plane. The saving is not worth it.

Vien
i had a infinite motor on my 70" slick, it was terrible. worse performance than both my turnigy i tried motors. ill post all the data when i get back to work. if i recall i lost 200-300 watts and over a pound of thrust.

i had a gforce motor on my 57" 330sc and loved it. also also have a gforce motor on a 51" slick and a few others and have had great longer term durability and great power. super smooth too. ive had good luck with them.
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:40 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,970 Posts
Quote:
When ever your in NY just let me know.. You can come over to Floyd Bennett.
Sure thing, thanks man. Les
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:55 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Sure thing, thanks man. Les
Kewl...

Thats an open invitation to anyone here. If your ever coming to NYC and you want to fly look me up.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:58 PM
You're good!
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Quote:
Kewl...

Thats an open invitation to anyone here. If your ever coming to NYC and you want to fly look me up.
Same goes for me. If you're ever in the Northern Neck of Virginia.
Old Apr 09, 2011, 10:18 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i had a infinite motor on my 70" slick, it was terrible. worse performance than both my turnigy i tried motors. ill post all the data when i get back to work. if i recall i lost 200-300 watts and over a pound of thrust.

i had a gforce motor on my 57" 330sc and loved it. also also have a gforce motor on a 51" slick and a few others and have had great longer term durability and great power. super smooth too. ive had good luck with them.
I've had Gforce on my Airfoilz and Edge 41", both motor started running weaker and weaker. The 75g GForce pulled 28A & 41oz thrust with APC 11x5.5 while the similar size Infinite pulled 38A and 59oz of thrust. The diff is like day and night (very close kv).

I am using the Infinite A5020-250 (440g or ~ 15.5 oz, rated at 1600W) with APC 20x10 on my SC 72, ~ 190 W/lb and still flying good as new (motor barely warm on my setup, ~ 1900W). Did you get the smaller size motor (or not the best kv) for the Slick 70"?

I am also using Infinite A3025-770 kv (182g, rated at 500w) on my Slick 51" and SC 57". Motor slightly warm after 10 mins flight (~850w at WOT). The rating is very conservative.

I've flown Hacker/ Motrolfly. I wouldn't replace them if the Infinite motors were bad.

I am not complaining about GForce and Turnigy, but all mine are dead now. They are making too much noise and too little power.

Vien
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:34 AM
Salem, IN
Joined Feb 2004
60 Posts
What Infinite motor would you suggest for this 60" Edge? I am planning on getting one and I may or may not just get the combo. If I could save a little money and still get a nice motor and esc I might go that route.
bryant330l is offline Find More Posts by bryant330l
Site Sponsor