HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 05, 2011, 05:34 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Talk with Ken at Subsonic planes.. he can get it rite.. Chris H. knows all too..
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 05:49 PM
Registered User
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
Talk with Ken at Subsonic planes.. he can get it rite.. Chris H. knows all too..
I'll shoot Ken an e-mail and see what they recommend. On my 55" plane with the Hacker A40-10s I'm using an 85 amp esc and it works great, and it seems like the specs are pretty close but I'll find out from Ken for sure.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:04 PM
Registered User
stickybeatz's Avatar
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
I'm hearing between 75 and 85 amps depending on Prop. I'm going to use that motor on a 59" Slick and I got an Ice 100 in order to have some headroom.
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:51 PM
Registered User
vienquach's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,994 Posts
This plane has enough wing area for a 6s setup. I would run higher voltage (450-480kv motor) to improve efficiency. 80-85A on a 4s setup is not really efficient, too much heat and pushing the power system too hard.

These components might be a good economy setup: Infinite A4020-540kv, ICE 75, Blue Lipo 5s-3000 30c, APC 16x8, 225 MGs

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:38 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
Any word on how this would fly with a Motrolfly 3620-750, a Xoar 15x8 and a 35c 4s 4000?


Just got a text back from Ken.. he said... If it's a 5Lb plane.. Should be Fine!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:47 PM
JUNK RADIO
Flazo's Avatar
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
This plane has enough wing area for a 6s setup. I would run higher voltage (450-480kv motor) to improve efficiency. 80-85A on a 4s setup is not really efficient, too much heat and pushing the power system too hard.

These components might be a good economy setup: Infinite A4020-540kv, ICE 75, Blue Lipo 5s-3000 30c, APC 16x8, 225 MGs

Vien
I might buy this set up thanks

fred
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 07:55 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
I am listening to Chris H on this one.. 6s and Motrolfly motor!!

Got my ESC in today!!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 08:00 PM
JUNK RADIO
Flazo's Avatar
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
Motrolfly when power is not enough.
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:24 PM
Registered User
stickybeatz's Avatar
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
This plane has enough wing area for a 6s setup. I would run higher voltage (450-480kv motor) to improve efficiency. 80-85A on a 4s setup is not really efficient, too much heat and pushing the power system too hard.

These components might be a good economy setup: Infinite A4020-540kv, ICE 75, Blue Lipo 5s-3000 30c, APC 16x8, 225 MGs

Vien
yea but 4s 4k set up allows me to be more efficient in my battery choices... same batteries for a 59" Slick, a 57" Extra 330SC, a 60" Edge, an 8s 71" Slick and a 72" Extra 330SC. Maybe even a 12s setup on a 50cc plane down the road.
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:10 AM
Registered User
vienquach's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
yea but 4s 4k set up allows me to be more efficient in my battery choices... same batteries for a 59" Slick, a 57" Extra 330SC, a 60" Edge, an 8s 71" Slick and a 72" Extra 330SC. Maybe even a 12s setup on a 50cc plane down the road.
I am doing 4s-4k in my SC 57, 8s-4k in my Slick 70 and SC 72, and 12s-4k in my 50cc Yak.
I am getting some 6s-2650 30c packs for the small SC (or 2 x 3s-2650 30c) since I've been pushing my 4s setup too hard.

Castle 34-24-750kv, 251g, 4s-4k 30c, Xoar 15x7 --> 85-90A cont, 180oz static thrust, 130 F motor temp.

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2011, 04:41 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2005
24 Posts
Reading all the discussion around servos, I am wanting to commit to purchase.
Positive and negative reports for all brands...can someone tell me, will the Hitec HS-5245MG fit the bill all around????

Cheers
Chris
Haggy is offline Find More Posts by Haggy
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2011, 05:48 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
I am listening to Chris H on this one.. 6s and Motrolfly motor!!

Got my ESC in today!!!!

Nice... I new you would come around...

That's a nice ESC, I've been running the ice light 75.. I'm keeping the amps around 60 and it works great with the torque motor.. I did have to bump up the throttle curve a hair in order to get the desired burst in hover, but other than that plug and play..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2011, 07:58 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggy View Post
Reading all the discussion around servos, I am wanting to commit to purchase.
Positive and negative reports for all brands...can someone tell me, will the Hitec HS-5245MG fit the bill all around????

Cheers
Chris
yessir
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:06 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Nice... I new you would come around...

That's a nice ESC, I've been running the ice light 75.. I'm keeping the amps around 60 and it works great with the torque motor.. I did have to bump up the throttle curve a hair in order to get the desired burst in hover, but other than that plug and play..
hes coming around because I told him the motor was gonna be wound for 6s...lolololl
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,679 Posts
Gonna try a Motrolfly 4315 motor, rewound for 6s, same weight as the Torque and hopefully around 1400 watts per Ken at Subsonic Planes. Should fly her.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 10569 Today 07:49 PM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 11:52 AM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 01:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 08:26 PM