HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:10 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,834 Posts
Great info guys- thanks for clarifying. I now recall hearing that info about 12" before. I glad none of my setups exceed that.

I will also look at the CC cap pack- good suggestion LW! Thanks.
Luv3d is online now Find More Posts by Luv3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:27 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Well I did extend my ESC wires tonight and it made a world of difference. I had to snip back some from the tinned area so I guess I added a 2" 12g wire so now my overall ESC and battery length is just under 9" where it was 7-1/2" before. Hopefully no issues.
Ohio AV8TOR is online now Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:05 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
I am picking up a like new model from a fellow RCG'er tomorrow. I am stoked to add this one to my fleet. This plane and my 48 MXS are the only two I plan to take to the field for the next few weeks here.

I'm stoked, never had anything as big as 60" before. It's a RWB model with a Motrofly 4315-480 and ice lite 75 esc, hitec 5245's all around.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:20 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Anyone use a metal screw with a bonded washer for their wing bolts? I use this on my 87" gas plane and the neoprene on the bonded washer prevents it from loosening. It is so much faster to install with a ball driver than the thumb screw.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:23 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Anyone have a picture on where they route their 2-wire antenna on a Futaba receiver. Great blessing for strength with all of the carbon, I just get worried with the antenna so close to it all though.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Anyone use a metal screw with a bonded washer for their wing bolts? I use this on my 87" gas plane and the neoprene on the bonded washer prevents it from loosening. It is so much faster to install with a ball driver than the thumb screw.
I do that on the 64" MXS...good idea. I don't like thumb screws, mostly because I have forgotten to put them on once...
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:27 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I do that on the 64" MXS...good idea. I don't like thumb screws, mostly because I have forgotten to put them on once...
How does using a metal screw instead help with that?
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:31 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
Less of a pain, I guess. Get them in faster, don't have the issue of people talking with you.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:56 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
Generally there is a bonded washer with the bolt. Easy to install and the washer keeps the bolt from backing out. I have this on my AeroWorks 260; works like a champ.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:04 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,413 Posts
You missed my point. I understand how they work and the benefit of their use over the awkward, sometimes hard to screw in plastic thumbscrews. I was questioning on how the use of the screw/lockwasher would help with regards to him forgetting to install the thumbscrew. I was just trying to get a little dig in, but I guess I just missed.. Oh well.
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:11 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,834 Posts
Lol! Got it now....sorry.

Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:19 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
I am picking up a like new model from a fellow RCG'er tomorrow. I am stoked to add this one to my fleet. This plane and my 48 MXS are the only two I plan to take to the field for the next few weeks here.

I'm stoked, never had anything as big as 60" before. It's a RWB model with a Motrofly 4315-480 and ice lite 75 esc, hitec 5245's all around.
If anyone has an airframe they are looking to part with (NIB or built), please let me know.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:59 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Posted this in the Owners thread... thought I ask here too.

About to program my 7245 servo deadband... is the best number 1 when running on 8.4 volt. BTW, these servos are a beast running HV fast, precise and powerful. I was getting a jitter on the rudder with no load on it, nothing a little piece of the fuzzy velcro didn't fix. I am running them at 8.2volts regulated through a CC 10amp BEC. Thanks

Edit: Also, do you guys use the overload protection? If so, what is a good setting.
So would someone please explain servo deadband. My Edge is ready to fly now but I did not maiden it today because I notice on one of my 7245's (elevator) that in the neutral position I can take the control surface and move it up and down and it looks like it has some play like gear lash but you can hear slight changes in the servo sound. Move the servo off of center and hold the stick there and there is no play what so every. So would programming the servo deadband help this? I have never programmed a servo before.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:31 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
Programming servo deadband will help if they are not set consistently. I've never had this problem, but many others here at RCG have reported that the deadband isn't always set at a minimum, and is not consistent, on new servos. So, pick up or borrow a servo programmer. They are less than $30...I think I got mine for $22.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:43 PM
USA, NY, Cayuga
Joined Feb 2008
17 Posts
Is anyone running the stock power combo? Just looking for some feedback.

Thanks,
TK
T Koffler is offline Find More Posts by T Koffler