Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d View Post
http://www.revolectrix.com/

A local guy tested these out in the 65c range recently and they beat everything except Thunder Power(numbers weren't that far off). Posted in the Seattle thread. GensAce didn't do too bad, neither did Haiyin. Nanotechs and sky came in last.

They came personalized,(your name) and he got them pretty quick. In my experience buying bulk PCBs from Malaysia to WaState is it takes 3-5 days UPS.
Except they don't make 65C Skys... and Nanos don't come anywhere close to Skys of the same C rating over time.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,076 Posts
Well I am a couple of steps closer. I ordered my servos tonight and have my motor on the way. Going with 7245's and a 4315-480. So looking forward to this. Thanks to all who has help me sort out my many questions. I appreciate it dearly.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I

Performance wise, my son says they significantly out perform our gens ace 25c batteries in his 48" Extra.
You have the 65C? If so, I think any brand of 65C could outperform the 25C Gens right?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,404 Posts
My 60c gen aces out perform the same size nano 65cs and the genesis 65cs. My gen aces have performed very well and have lasted through my torturing for 300+ cycles. I retired my 400+ cycles 2.5 year old gen aces as they started to get tired.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
I have some 5200mah 4s from these guys that I use for my multi rotors and ordered a 6s 3300 for my edge. My other two batteries have loads of flights on them with no issues. They come with deans on them too. Im not certain but I think they offer a 50% crash warranty on their batteries.
http://hicountryhobbies.com/index.ph...roducts_id=158
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
You have the 65C? If so, I think any brand of 65C could outperform the 25C Gens right?
I treat the claimed C as part of the make model, not a meaningful standardized measurement.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,171 Posts
The best test for batteries is to measure volts at WOT on the same prop/motor/ESC setup every ten or twenty flights and see how much they sag as time goes on. This is really what means the most to us. You can also do this head-to-head with other batteries you are trying to compare to your favorites. I do this all the time and have settled with Gens and Skys. I have not tested Haiyan or Glacier yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:57 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,560 Posts
Good Info AP.

I guess all I was getting at is that if your comparing 'Brands", it seems fair to try to compare models of similar claimed C rating. Doesn't Gens make a 65C?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:57 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,171 Posts
Yes, they make a 5, 6, and 7 cell 65C battery and I would probably buy their 65C battery if I needed one. The problem is that as I go bigger, with more mAh capacity, I actually need less of a C rating, so I'm not sure that I need more than a 40C with the 5000 and 5300mAh batteries. At 130A and 5300mAh, I should only need a "real" C rating of 25C. (130A / 5.3Ah = 24.5C) ... so I buy 40C since the value is ambiguous at best.

I would do a head-to-head with a 30C and a 65C Gens in the same plane for about 50 flights and see how they compare, but they only sell 4400mAh 65C batteries, and no comparable 30C. So making the needed comparison in any way that actually means anything is impossible. How convenient is that?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:47 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
sooo... back from another outing with edge! happy to say that im not anymore intimidated by size (has been a while since i crashed my 57" ) well, if nothing(so far) can replace a slick for me, than edge is a very close second!

just a strange thing happened today (like sometimes) i fly my first battery, everything is perfect, locked in, land, change battery, and suddenly plane is completely unstable, wonky, and does things i dont tell it to do... so far the only cure for it is to pack and go home..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:58 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post

just a strange thing happened today (like sometimes) i fly my first battery, everything is perfect, locked in, land, change battery, and suddenly plane is completely unstable, wonky, and does things i dont tell it to do... so far the only cure for it is to pack and go home..
Same exact battery?
Are you sure the lipo is going in same exact place?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,432 Posts
Quote:
sooo... back from another outing with edge! happy to say that im not anymore intimidated by size (has been a while since i crashed my 57" ) well, if nothing(so far) can replace a slick for me, than edge is a very close second!

Are you in a populated area that might have some interference... Where I fly I need to use heavy duty twisted extensions and RF rings because there are two antennas that raise hell between the receiver and the servo on long runs. Without the rings and twisted extensions.... The plane would have a short hit, which would make the plane do wacky stuff.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:55 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Are you in a populated area that might have some interference... Where I fly I need to use heavy duty twisted extensions and RF rings because there are two antennas that raise hell between the receiver and the servo on long runs. Without the rings and twisted extensions.... The plane would have a short hit, which would make the plane do wacky stuff.
i dont think so...if it would have interference, it would make it irresponsible to controls, no? and for all the time, not only after 1-2 batteries, and only sometimes... part of what happens is plane gets like EXTREMELY tail heavy, wich is impossible, considering i accidentaly might have moved battery maybe 4mm back... i think, i will swap aeleron servos to 7245, just in case... i dont seem to be getting blowback, but it feels like flying 42" slick with hs45hb in wings...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:14 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,432 Posts
Unless your running light gear and batteries... I don't think you could make the edge super tail heavy... I fly mine at the tube. Plane has a wide range in the CG department.
As far as the interference... It could be momentary and on one control. You still have total control of the other surfaces... 2.4 if fairly bulletproof in that regard. Do you fly in a area that may have towers or a populated area?
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
789 Posts
Quote:
... change battery, and suddenly plane is completely unstable, wonky, and does things i dont tell it to do... so far the only cure for it is to pack and go home..
Assuming you used the same type/weight battery and didn't hit a rate switch I'd check all your mechanical and electrical connections, then your airframe for anything loose.
propchief is online now Find More Posts by propchief