SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Where do you get the hex screws??

Love the scheme!
Built like an OX!
I got mine from RTL Fasteners.

#2x9/16
#2x7/16

Tim and/or Doc turned me on to these...I highly recommend them.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
I also had some orientation issues with mine. I added some blue checks on the top of the wing and stab. Just making the top slightly darker than the bottom helped...I still am going to add some more yellow on the bottom to help out more.
Nice photo. Did you ad the landing gear fairings, or did they used to come with the plane?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Good question...I can't find the answer in the manual. The manual recommends second longest for ailerons, but doesn't say what for the rudder/elevator.
I used the longest in the tail, second longest on the ailerons. Although if I remember correctly, I didn't use the farthest hole though to preserve torque.
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,171 Posts
Powerlines gave me the final pack to "discharge" on his 60 edge today. We were all packing up from HHAEFI. Those of you who missed it i strongly recommend it for next year.Gosh it was fun.
I havent flown the 60 edge in a while and forgot how good it was,even after Powerlines has beat on it for a while.
Also put my paws on a 60 laser this weekend and 64 msx belonging to Chris H of Extreme flight.. i really want one of each.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
I may have to get a laser!! After the 91" extra of course!!!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,105 Posts
This looks too nice. Saving up. How about the 64"mxs in comparison? (yes of course, I'd like both!).
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Ok. Some questions if you all dont care.

1. If i have flown some smaller 40" and 43" size 3d planes but still dont know how to do much 3d, would this plane be too much? Should i go with the 48" instead?
2. I have two 3300mah 5s 40c batteries right now. Would they work for good performance in this plane? Not looking for ballistic right now, just good.
3. Would hitec 225mg servos work ok in this plane at 6v? They are recommended in the 3dhs 58" edge.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:00 PM
ex-noob
Lardog's Avatar
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
Ok. Some questions if you all dont care.

1. If i have flown some smaller 40" and 43" size 3d planes but still dont know how to do much 3d, would this plane be too much? Should i go with the 48" instead?
2. I have two 3300mah 5s 40c batteries right now. Would they work for good performance in this plane? Not looking for ballistic right now, just good.
3. Would hitec 225mg servos work ok in this plane at 6v? They are recommended in the 3dhs 58" edge.
1. Too much for what? If you want to learn 3D, this is a great plane to do it with, although, at a bit steeper price point than the 48".
2. Depends what motor/prop you go with.
3. Should be fine, especially if you are not doing heavy 3D
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
1. Too much for what? If you want to learn 3D, this is a great plane to do it with, although, at a bit steeper price point than the 48".
2. Depends what motor/prop you go with.
3. Should be fine, especially if you are not doing heavy 3D
Using the torque 4016/500 as recommended with whatever prop works best on that setup.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
ex-noob
Lardog's Avatar
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,390 Posts
If you go with recommended prop, then 5s should be fine and provide plenty of power.

From the Manual...

-Torque 4016T/500 Brushless Outrunner or Hacker A50-14XS v2 Outrunner
motor.
-Airboss Elite 80 Amp ESC.
-5S-6S 3300-5000 mah LiPo battery.
- 16x8 prop for 5S operation, 15x6 for 6S operation.
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:01 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog View Post
If you go with recommended prop, then 5s should be fine and provide plenty of power.

From the Manual...

-Torque 4016T/500 Brushless Outrunner or Hacker A50-14XS v2 Outrunner
motor.
-Airboss Elite 80 Amp ESC.
-5S-6S 3300-5000 mah LiPo battery.
- 16x8 prop for 5S operation, 15x6 for 6S operation.
6S says 3300mah, but 5s says 3800mah, so that is why I was wondering if a 5s 3300mah would be too small......
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:09 PM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I got mine from RTL Fasteners.

#2x9/16
#2x7/16

Tim and/or Doc turned me on to these...I highly recommend them.
Awesome! Thanks!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:13 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
You're welcome, Dead. I think you will like 'em.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:18 PM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
6S says 3300mah, but 5s says 3800mah, so that is why I was wondering if a 5s 3300mah would be too small......
Post your power set up questions here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...33887&page=177

The fellers over there KNOW THEIR STUFF!

As far as the plane being a good learning plane i say ABSOLUTELY! It is much easier to fly than any of the 48's (Bigger is always easier). It is also very tough. The only negative is that if you DO really dumb thumb it your out more money. But the chances of dumb thumbing it in comparison to the 48 are vastly diminished.

It is a VERY stable platform that will not sneak up on. Great trainer that will actually do anything you ask of it as you get better.
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
fly and then fly some more!
nickelbn1's Avatar
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Post your power set up questions here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...33887&page=177

The fellers over there KNOW THEIR STUFF!

As far as the plane being a good learning plane i say ABSOLUTELY! It is much easier to fly than any of the 48's (Bigger is always easier). It is also very tough. The only negative is that if you DO really dumb thumb it your out more money. But the chances of dumb thumbing it in comparison to the 48 are vastly diminished.

It is a VERY stable platform that will not sneak up on. Great trainer that will actually do anything you ask of it as you get better.
thanks!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 10907 Oct 22, 2014 07:44 PM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 11:52 AM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 01:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 08:26 PM