HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:07 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo71 View Post
Thanks guys! Maybe I will order the plane start the build and wait on the Motrolfly. I do like their motors. I have the 3620 750 on my 3DHS 59" Slick and I can keep feeding the 4s 4000 packs to it and it comes down barely warm. I really wanna give EF and this edge a go! I think it will be awsome with the extra power and the rwb color scheme looks sweet!
Yeah, the Edge is suweeeet! I love mine! This is the Motrolfly setup also. 16x8 Xoar, 6S 3300 30-60C Sky Lipo Packs dialed back to 65 amps static on the ground just because I don't need all the power but I like the big disk. It's sweet.

Tom Kitt - Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP__Sunset Huckin' (4 min 21 sec)


--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:30 AM
Registered User
booboo71's Avatar
United States, OH, Jefferson
Joined Jul 2010
84 Posts
I like this one for the crazy tumbling combos! Sweet flying!!!
Extreme Flight Edge 540T EXP 60"__First Film (6 min 34 sec)
booboo71 is offline Find More Posts by booboo71
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:00 AM
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Hey Tom,
how those sky's holding up for you.

I'm still getting 7 minutes on my 16x7 prop and my end point is set at about 75A static.

Keep checking the mA recharged and still only putting 70-71% of the 3300 back in after 7 minutes.

I guess I gotta fly harder??
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
Planes & Falconry my passions
Feliperc's Avatar
New York
Joined Mar 2010
157 Posts
I was about to ask the same. I am using skylipo 6s 4400mah 40C. The weigth of this pack is around 665g. I cant make the plane tail heavy and I have the pack touching the wing tube. I am about to order the skylipo 6s 3300mah 30C and the weight that they have in the website is 518g (not that I believe 100% that is the real weight since they have 631g for the 4400mah and is heavier as I mentioned before). it will make a difference (balance) going from 665g to 518g (if that is the real weight for the 3300mha)????

Thank you,
Feliperc is offline Find More Posts by Feliperc
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:33 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
I have the Sky 40C 3300... I'm flying a 480kv 16x8 prop 7-7.5 minutes and I'm seeing the same around 30% left in my pack.. Great combo... I love flying this long feeling like the motor and packs aren't even breaking a sweat... Mine is on the extra so I'm not sure about the balancing issues. on the extra it's about an inch or so off the tube...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
Planes & Falconry my passions
Feliperc's Avatar
New York
Joined Mar 2010
157 Posts
I dont get it. The website says the weight is 633g and yours are 533g. your pack is 40or 30C???

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300-6s1p-40c-6666.html




Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I have the Sky 40C 3300... I'm flying a 480kv 16x8 prop 7-7.5 minutes and I'm seeing the same around 30% left in my pack.. Great combo... I love flying this long feeling like the motor and packs aren't even breaking a sweat... Mine is on the extra so I'm not sure about the balancing issues. on the extra it's about an inch or so off the tube...
Feliperc is offline Find More Posts by Feliperc
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feliperc View Post
i dont get it. The website says the weight is 633g and yours are 533g. Your pack is 40or 30c???

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300-6s1p-40c-6666.html

40c
If you read the reviews below, another guy had his pack at 531g... The website is way off... I always ask around, I never trust the sites...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:44 AM
Registered User
NeverEnough's Avatar
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2009
478 Posts
......
NeverEnough is offline Find More Posts by NeverEnough
Last edited by NeverEnough; Jun 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
The title should be 3DHS and Extreme Flight Addicts as we enjoy both companies planes equally. Both of us own both brands and Love em!!
Yeah, I'm a firm believer in both... I wish this stuff would have been around back in 2002 when I first started 3d... I put my planes away when I moved downtown Chicago for college and took an 8 year break from the hobby. I come back and with EF and 3DHS (can't forget the crack yak) I've made more progress in 2 months, than I did in 2 years back in the day...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:59 AM
Registered User
mbritt's Avatar
USA, IN, Fishers
Joined Jul 2007
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Yeah, I'm a firm believer in both... I wish this stuff would have been around back in 2002 when I first started 3d... I put my planes away when I moved downtown Chicago for college and took an 8 year break from the hobby. I come back and with EF and 3DHS (can't forget the crack yak) I've made more progress in 2 months, than I did in 2 years back in the day...

Love EF but my service with 3DHS has been terrible at best. So even though they have a good product I cant bring myself to give them any more of my business. Not knocking them just saying my experience wasn't good. I have to say I really did like my Slick and one day I may break down and get another. But for now Im sticking to whats working for me.
mbritt is offline Find More Posts by mbritt
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliperc View Post
I dont get it. The website says the weight is 633g and yours are 533g. your pack is 40or 30C???

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300-6s1p-40c-6666.html

My 6S 3300 30C Skys are 518g with Deans attached, but measured with a 25kg digital Rapala hand-held fish scale. They were bought about 6 months ago, and I suspect, like everything else, newer versions change. I have seen instances where a 40C 5000 weigh slightly less than an older 30C 5000 of the same brand. Hopefully, the change is for the better, and so far, that's been my experience.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:16 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
My 6S 3300 30C Skys are 518g with Deans attached, but measured with a 25kg digital Rapala hand-held fish scale. They were bought about 6 months ago, and I suspect, like everything else, newer versions change. I have seen instances where a 40C 5000 weigh slightly less than an older 30C 5000 of the same brand. Hopefully, the change is for the better, and so far, that's been my experience.
I checked around before I purchased the pack. Their website has quite a few weights that are off, way off unfortunately...

I noticed it more when I was trying to find a small pack under 140g for my 42" slick. I couldn't trust the website, I had to ask around...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,248 Posts
At least they are lighter than the Web site says, which is just fine with me. I'd rather have a Sky or a Gens then just about anything else at this point. I don't use Turnigy, Zippy, or Rhino, anymore as the voltage sag is much too evident over a very short period of time, and Nano-tech is just not as good as they should be, and gain IR just as fast as the blue Turnigys, as far as my experience goes with batteries Tom and I use. He beats up batteries pretty good, and I am very easy on them, but they are never abused, charged too fast, or discharged too much.

I think it is also fair to say that all brands shop around for the best battery at the best price before putting their brand on them. There are a lot of reasons not to be too trusting in battery claims because the technology is changing quickly, and maybe faster than the Web site data.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
mbritt's Avatar
USA, IN, Fishers
Joined Jul 2007
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
At least they are lighter than the Web site says, which is just fine with me. I'd rather have a Sky or a Gens then just about anything else at this point. I don't use Turnigy, Zippy, or Rhino, anymore as the voltage sag is much too evident over a very short period of time, and Nano-tech is just not as good as they should be, and gain IR just as fast as the blue Turnigys, as far as my experience goes with batteries Tom and I use. He beats up batteries pretty good, and I am very easy on them, but they are never abused, charged too fast, or discharged too much.

I think it is also fair to say that all brands shop around for the best battery at the best price before putting their brand on them. There are a lot of reasons not to be too trusting in battery claims because the technology is changing quickly, and maybe faster than the Web site data.
As we just recently found out Jim with my testing just because it says 30c really doesn't mean it puts out..... I used to like zippy but as I just found out a sag down to 13.7 on a fresh 4s is a bit much
mbritt is offline Find More Posts by mbritt
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
Registered User
mbritt's Avatar
USA, IN, Fishers
Joined Jul 2007
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
My 6S 3300 30C Skys are 518g with Deans attached, but measured with a 25kg digital Rapala hand-held fish scale. They were bought about 6 months ago, and I suspect, like everything else, newer versions change. I have seen instances where a 40C 5000 weigh slightly less than an older 30C 5000 of the same brand. Hopefully, the change is for the better, and so far, that's been my experience.
I have a very accurate scale and hes spot on. I just got 2 new ones and they were 517 & 518 (6S 3300 30C Skys).
mbritt is offline Find More Posts by mbritt
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 11019 Dec 13, 2014 05:08 PM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 12:52 PM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 02:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 09:26 PM