HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
I have the Motrolfly 4315-480 with the G10 cross mount and the spacers are usually called white POM sleeves or long fiber nylon bolt sleeves. The main thing is to make sure they fit somewhat snug around the bolt shaft and provide a decent footprint for the motorbox. I think mine were about 8 to 10mm in diameter. The length needed from the cross mount to the firewall will be between 9mm and 10mm.

If you have the choice, get 10mm, but if you only have a Standard measurement option, use 3/8 inch.

You can also cut 3/8 or 1/2 diameter dowel to 3/8 of an inch long and drill a hole in them a little bigger than the bolt thickness.

You can also cut 1/2 inch square 3/8th thick plywood and drill a hole in them. None of these spacers need to be glued. Just slide them over the bolt and thread the bolt into the blind not..
G10? Guess I don't know what that mount is. My flying buddy just got the Edge and the 4315-480 without the fiberglass or lightened version. I am just trying to figure out the thickness of the spacer. Just wanted to confirm what the G10 cross mount.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:15 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
G10? Guess I don't know what that mount is. My flying buddy just got the Edge and the 4315-480 without the fiberglass or lightened version. I am just trying to figure out the thickness of the spacer. Just wanted to confirm what the G10 cross mount.
G10 is just a type of fiberglass sheet.
Pretty commonly used for printed circuit boards, or it used to be, at least.
Without the copper cladding, though, it comes in pretty handy for RC use.
Not as lightweight as CF but still pretty light, and strong.
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:26 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,202 Posts
The distance between my Edge's firewall and the back edge of the spinner's backplate is 2 and 3/8 inches, or 60mm, if that helps.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,435 Posts
Thanks that helps
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:11 AM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
I have the Hyperion DH16FMD High Voltage servos. When the servos are powered up with the linkage on, just by tapping on the rudder or the elevator they start to jitter bad. With the linkage off they are ok. When i connect 5v to them (off of esc) they dont do that as much. Also when i have the 7.4v connected directly and just by moving the sticks just a little bit (both rudder and elevator) they rock back and fourth fast. I went into the program software for them and and set the deadband width to the lowest setting and then to the highest setting and they continue doing the same. Here is the other thing. With the linkage on the servo but with out the nut on the bolt that holds the linkage to the servo arm it wont jitter no matter what voltage i apply but once i put the nut on and tightened it up it starts to jitter again
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Cosmic Wind
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:39 AM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,099 Posts
Sounds like you have a binding problem. Did you try a different servo to see if it does it too?
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
No I haven't tried a different servo. What happen is that I had ordered these servos but was sent the non High Voltage version of them so I was using power from esc and had no problems. I received these yesterday and just installed them and the rudder and elevator began doing it. I have problem with the ailerons
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,099 Posts
Quote:
With the linkage on the servo but with out the nut on the bolt that holds the linkage to the servo arm it wont jitter no matter what voltage i apply but once i put the nut on and tightened it up it starts to jitter again
Based on this, it sounds like something is binding. Got pics or video of it?
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:13 AM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
I was about to put a video up but was running late for work. I will post some pics and vid later. On the rudder I installed a shorter servo arm than what was on there and it would jitter more. Just by picking the tail up a lil and letting it drop the rudder would go crazy. So u might think the linkage is binding.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:34 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,576 Posts
Did you say you DO or DO NOT have problem with the Ailerons?
If no problem on Ailerons then it must be some sort of binding I THINK....
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Did you say you DO or DO NOT have problem with the Ailerons?
If no problem on Ailerons then it must be some sort of binding I THINK....
No problem witht the ailerons only rudder and elevator.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,483 Posts
I had a similiar problem on the jittery servos. Ill bet it wont come down to a binding issue. Its the digital servo hunting for center.....can happen on less expensive servos. . You can either program the servo, or send them back. Swap out to an analog servo and Ill bet the problem goes away.
I had also read another solution about opening the servo case and cleaning something....but I dont remember what it was.
Cabledawg1 is online now Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Wow Ken is really really fast.. Already have my motrofly 4315 in my hands.. Talk about quick service.

Now I have to go get the 10MM standoffs. Anyone knows which metric screws I need ?
livinma1 is online now Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
Hmmm, intresting..... Then i guess when i get home i set the sub trims to zero on my TX and try to center the servos via program again and see what happens. I only have a spare HS85 for now that i will change out the rudder and then the elevator to see if it still jitters. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
I had a similiar problem on the jittery servos. Ill bet it wont come down to a binding issue. Its the digital servo hunting for center.....can happen on less expensive servos. . You can either program the servo, or send them back. Swap out to an analog servo and Ill bet the problem goes away.
I had also read another solution about opening the servo case and cleaning something....but I dont remember what it was.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800 View Post
I have the Hyperion DH16FMD High Voltage servos. When the servos are powered up with the linkage on, just by tapping on the rudder or the elevator they start to jitter bad. With the linkage off they are ok. When i connect 5v to them (off of esc) they dont do that as much. Also when i have the 7.4v connected directly and just by moving the sticks just a little bit (both rudder and elevator) they rock back and fourth fast. I went into the program software for them and and set the deadband width to the lowest setting and then to the highest setting and they continue doing the same. Here is the other thing. With the linkage on the servo but with out the nut on the bolt that holds the linkage to the servo arm it wont jitter no matter what voltage i apply but once i put the nut on and tightened it up it starts to jitter again
I had a similar problem with their standard size ones:

Hyperion Atlas DH20-FTD flutter (0 min 45 sec)

There is a response video where someone put some foam in the gap of the surface, which dampens the effect. I discoevered that myself, but I didn't want to have to do that. I sent them back. It seems hv is the issue with them, even though they are rated for it. I think it is the length of the surface and the vibration that causes them to hunt for center.
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d