HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:02 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
My experience is that the Edge and Extra are so different in the air that they are two different experiences all together. The Edge is more reactive and fast with high energy feel and the Extra is like butter, just smooth and sweet.

Just like the 48"s, I like them both enough that I have to have both. Throw in an MXS too while your at it because that sucker is like none of the above!

I concurre..

The Little extras are special to me also, but The 60" Edge is the ultimate park plane..Untill the 60" Extra shows up..

Finally got some decent video with the Edge.. Check it out, its only 2.5min.. I like to keep them short..

60 EXP EDGE.wmv (2 min 49 sec)
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:24 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
I concurre..

The Little extras are special to me also, but The 60" Edge is the ultimate park plane..Untill the 60" Extra shows up..

Finally got some decent video with the Edge.. Check it out, its only 2.5min.. I like to keep them short..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8waR...er_profilepage
CHILI CON- AWESOME!!M . Really like that one.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Last edited by hercdriver7777; Aug 04, 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Queso
Old Aug 05, 2011, 05:33 AM
United States, CT, Sprague
Joined Apr 2008
281 Posts
I got two maiden flights yesterday, and wow what an airplane! I was wondering where you guys are flying the CG, for I started at the forward position (3.75"), and the plane seems to be perfect neutral at this point. I like how it performs at this CG, but is there any advantage to moving it back?

Thanks,
1D
1Dtml is offline Find More Posts by 1Dtml
Old Aug 05, 2011, 06:02 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,015 Posts
Quote:
My experience is that the Edge and Extra are so different in the air that they are two different experiences all together. The Edge is more reactive and fast with high energy feel and the Extra is like butter, just smooth and sweet.

Just like the 48"s, I like them both enough that I have to have both. Throw in an MXS too while your at it because that sucker is like none of the above!
Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Aug 05, 2011, 07:43 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Nice flying Tim -- Where is that park ?. Going to maiden mine either today or tomorrow. More likely tomorrow.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:12 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dtml View Post
I got two maiden flights yesterday, and wow what an airplane! I was wondering where you guys are flying the CG, for I started at the forward position (3.75"), and the plane seems to be perfect neutral at this point. I like how it performs at this CG, but is there any advantage to moving it back?

Thanks,
1D
if you like the cg where it is at,why change it?Mark your battery tray and rock on. BUT,if you are a tinker'er like me,you will move the pack around.id say 1/2 inch at a time.Moving cg rearward tho will make it pitch/snap harder/faster.it will get pitchy if you go too far.You can feel different cg's as you play with it and get the one you like if you find a sweet spot.Sometimes the sweet spot will be where you had it to start with.just be ready for the plane to be quicker,and after any cg change,a retrim for level flight is paramount and also any KE mixing you had before will be different.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 05, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Apr 2008
281 Posts
I got three more flights in on a windless day today, and this plane is amazing. At the forward CG position I haven't observed any pull or push in knife edge, and even with low rates a knife edge loop is just too easy. Harriers are too simple as well, and this is only my first few attempts at them. I used to compete in pattern competitions, and this plane tracks and flies smoothly enough to be a competitor at least in the lower classes.
If I could only have one plane this one would be it, and I have a basement full of them, so thanks for this awesome product, and keep up the greeeaat work Extreme!

Too much fun as well!

1D
Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:20 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Manta thinks you found the sweet spot for the cg is your ke doesnt have much/any pitching during KE.that usually means you are in the target zone bro..Congrats!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 05, 2011, 03:27 PM
Joined Apr 2008
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Manta thinks you found the sweet spot for the cg is your ke doesnt have much/any pitching during KE.that usually means you are in the target zone bro..Congrats!
I must have because it is literally point and shoot.

1D
Old Aug 06, 2011, 06:51 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
CHILI CON- AWESOME!!M . Really like that one.
Thanks Bro! I love this plane!

I'm coming to triple tree!!! Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait!!!
Old Aug 07, 2011, 04:40 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Thanks Bro! I love this plane!

I'm coming to triple tree!!! Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait!!!

hmm, you'd better pack light if you expect to fit that 88 in the car for the ride home .
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Aug 07, 2011, 06:17 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
hmm, you'd better pack light if you expect to fit that 88 in the car for the ride home .
I think the 78" Extra(new in box) will be getting tied to the roof of my wagon..
Old Aug 07, 2011, 09:16 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Finally had a chance to maiden my 60 inch. It almost didn't happen since the park was packed. By the time it started to clear out the sun was going down and I was a bit hesistant. But all my flying buddies pushed me to fly it and I am glad I did.

What am amazing plane !!! Can't wait until it is perfectly trimmed out to see the true potential of it. Kept it simple. A couple of KEs, FlatSpins, and a bit of hovering. My buddies swore that wasn't the maiden since I was flying it so well but that is just a EF plane for you.

Looking forward to putting more packs thru it this week..

My setup is:

5245s on the tail
225s on the ailerons (I have 5245s but decided to fly it first before swapping)
Torque Motor
CC100
Xoar
Turnigy 6s3000 (20C) packs

I don't think 20C was enough but my packs could be tired also since they are used with my trex 500. But the specific pack I used only has had 1 cycle prior to this flight.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2011, 10:21 PM
USA, NE, Waverly
Joined Feb 2011
287 Posts
I have a couple dozen flights on my 60" and all I can say is WOW!
This is everything you guy's said it would be. GREAT JOB "EF"!!!
So good I now am in the process of building a 48" MXS EXP.

I'm running the Combo package with the Torque/Airboss on 6s nanotechs 3300's.
Question:
During tumbles, the motor/prop deceleration seems a little slow, and was wondering if anyone else noticed this with the "Combo" package, or any motor/esc combination. I was told that was typical of the bigger motors, but wanted to throw the questions to all you users. It like I can still here the motor at full throttle even though the stick is at zero throttle almost 180 to 270 into the manuever. I realize there is momentum and airspeed helping to keep the prop turning, but I don't hardly notice this in my 48" and smaller planes.

Your thoughts!
N_O_V8_R is offline Find More Posts by N_O_V8_R
Old Aug 08, 2011, 06:06 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,015 Posts
[QUOTE=N_O_V8_R;18983841]I have a couple dozen flights on my 60" and all I can say is WOW!
This is everything you guy's said it would be. GREAT JOB "EF"!!!
So good I now am in the process of building a 48" MXS EXP.

I'm running the Combo package with the Torque/Airboss on 6s nanotechs 3300's.
Question:
During tumbles, the motor/prop deceleration seems a little slow, and was wondering if anyone else noticed this with the "Combo" package, or any motor/esc combination. I was told that was typical of the bigger motors, but wanted to throw the questions to all you users. It like I can still here the motor at full throttle even though the stick is at zero throttle almost 180 to 270 into the manuever. I realize there is momentum and airspeed helping to keep the prop turning, but I don't hardly notice this in my 48" and smaller planes.

Your thoughts![/QUOTE Welcome to the club. I love this plane so much I have decided that for the rest of this flying season it is the only plane I am going to fly. Found a new flying site yesterday that is really really nice and it's on my way home from work, it's a half a dozen soccer fields out in the middle of nowhere and they only get used on the weekends. During the week no one is there and the grounds are well maintained. Things are looking up, now all we need is some cooler weather. We set an all time high average temp for July this year.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy